Carnitine and Glutamine

Grizzly911

Elite
Reaction score
Do these two types of supplements aid in muscle recovery, joint recovery or both? I've been experiencing deep muscle inflammation this week with my high-volume split routine so I was hoping to speed up muscle recovery and joint recovery faster this week so I can progress better next week in time for my workouts again. I've been eating up a storm in quality food and drinking extra protein but the calories add up fast with the Carnivore Beef Protein formula.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Id say curcumin helps aide in muscle recovery and inflammation

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
You might've increased the volume too quickly. Gotta build up to it.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
I think that’s just the change in training, while I at work all I do is high volume and at home I lift heavier. When I change either way my first week hurts

Grizzly911

Elite
Reaction score
Yeah, the first week back in high volume is brutal. I'm making sure I get plenty of rest this week but damn.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
has this just began....?? or has it gone on for a while, but your looking to do something about it now...??

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Both of those will be consumed in large amounts with a high protein diet. You won’t be deficient.

If you're curious you can look into how much L-carnitine makes it through digestion... I can’t remember and there might be a decent drop off.

I’ve experimented pairing injectable l-carnitine with insulin because I had it laying around. There’s benefits there because of the increased uptake in muscles but that’s splitting hairs and messing with the last 1%.

New Threads