Reaction score
Your stats are unimportant, at the end of the day if you want to be bigger, eat more. How much more is your choice, depends on how much fat you’re willing to put on.

As as for drugs, you’re certainly old enough, experienced enough, I say why not? Get some rest and enjoy the ride. Especially if you have a doctor willing to work with you. Be smart about it (which it appears you will be) and get some more size on you. Chances are you’re going to add a bit of bf but you’re apparently ultra low now so a little fat won’t hurt.

Long

Elite
Reaction score
Really? Nothing below that jumps out at you?

My opinion?
He is eating an asston of calories for his size. Unless he is sprinting 17 hours a day in the California summer sun he has an issue.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I lose weight off that many calories in the summer, and I'm not much bigger.

Reaction score
Really? Nothing below that jumps out at you?
It’s unimportant to me. Eat more, get bigger. Is he really eating 3700 cals? Doubt it. But maybe. Doesn’t matter. If you aren’t growing with what you’re eating, eat more.

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
3700 calories at 175 is a lot and only 5%? Your thyroid ok? Im 235 and eat just a little more than that and gaining. Are you doing cardio to stay at 5%? That's very low bf to stay at for an extended period of time. I only go down to 4% for a show. Honestly I don't know how you could put on much mass at all being that lean and that old. Gotta eat to put mass on and you will have to forgo the 5%. Get that up to about 8 or 9. You will still look good.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
That's a lot of calories clean.

It's impossible, unless I want to feel like I'm simultaneously going to puke and shit my pants all day.

But at least a pint of Ben&Jerry's PB Fudge Core every day helped.

Last edited:

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
3700 calories at 175 is a lot and only 5%? Your thyroid ok? Im 235 and eat just a little more than that and gaining. Are you doing cardio to stay at 5%? That's very low bf to stay at for an extended period of time. I only go down to 4% for a show. Honestly I don't know how you could put on much mass at all being that lean and that old. Gotta eat to put mass on and you will have to forgo the 5%. Get that up to about 8 or 9. You will still look good.

Bingo! Mo get's the gold star for today.

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
Either the op isn't actually taking in 3700 calories or his metabolism is crazy aka thyroid or doing too much cardio. Something just doesn't add up to me. But hey, what do I know. haha

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm a lifelong addict to lifting and body management, all within the scope of natural processes. I have recently taken on a personal goal of staying low body fat while bulking, which for me is a very difficult process. I have adjusted my macros to the correct levels, with the adjustment numbers planned as I gain size/weight.

I didn't avoid your question, you apparently didn't read my response. I feel my details are irrelevant to me determining whether AAS is the path I want to take, but since it is apparently life and death to you that you have them, below are my stats. Also, I'm sure a troll, or worse, couldn't possibly just throw out random stats to appease you.

Male
175lbs
5'6"
5% BF
30+ years training
3700 Calories per day
6 meals + 1 post
1/2 Gallon water
Workout 5 days on - 2 days off
Focus - 7 hours sleep

I had to reread your first post .. nothing I stated was personal CN .... normally someone at your level and experience wouldn't be asking these type of questions ... you've been bodybuilding 30 years ... but virtually made little or no progress .... we have many guys here under 5'10" at or over 220 pounds training far less than 3 decades with low body fat.

Stats are the starting point of any discussion ... I will simply say in your case I'm bowing out of this discussion .. to put it mildly your states are difficult to believe ... not because they are impressive .. but for the opposite reason ... they are very unimpressive ... perhaps that's why you were reluctant posting them ...

I'll conclude by saying listen to the vet's here ... what you've done for 30 years has obviously not worked .... it's unlikely you need AAS ... more likely you must completely redesign your nutritional program .. and workouts ...