Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Looking for Growth

I'm a lifelong addict to lifting and body management, all within the scope of natural processes. I have recently taken on a personal goal of staying low body fat while bulking, which for me is a very difficult process. I have adjusted my macros to the correct levels, with the adjustment numbers planned as I gain size/weight.

Unfortunately I went the PH route, thinking it would give me a kickstart, but found that even stacking a large number, it doesn't give much in the way of bulk. I was investigating SARMS as another test to get a kickstart, but from the reviews I have read it sounds to be the same results, or worse since the origins of most are powders coming from overseas, and questionable purity.

I have kept away from what is the most tested and proven route due to the legality in the US. I have spoken with my doctor about the possibility of my researching, and he is comfortable with it as long as performed strategically, and will be providing blood work if I do go that route.

Looking to gain knowledge in order to determine if it is the way for me to go.

Solid With:
    Personal Macros
    Workout Routines
    Healthy Life Decisions

Unknowns:
    Safely Bulking

Thanks
    Thanked 3,181 Times in 1,479 Posts
    Welcome, ask away!
    In need of dieting help? Email me at [email protected]

Asking pillar how much orals to take is like asking Charlie Sheen how many hookers you should ****. - Jin

#mUGga

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicallyNew View Post
    I'm a lifelong addict to lifting and body management, all within the scope of natural processes. I have recently taken on a personal goal of staying low body fat while bulking, which for me is a very difficult process. I have adjusted my macros to the correct levels, with the adjustment numbers planned as I gain size/weight.

Unfortunately I went the PH route, thinking it would give me a kickstart, but found that even stacking a large number, it doesn't give much in the way of bulk. I was investigating SARMS as another test to get a kickstart, but from the reviews I have read it sounds to be the same results, or worse since the origins of most are powders coming from overseas, and questionable purity.

I have kept away from what is the most tested and proven route due to the legality in the US. I have spoken with my doctor about the possibility of my researching, and he is comfortable with it as long as performed strategically, and will be providing blood work if I do go that route.

Solid With:
    Personal Macros
    Workout Routines
    Healthy Life Decisions

Unknowns:
    Safely Bulking
    I went from ~115lbs to 213lbs at 5'7.5.

Make eating your job. Use techniques from competitive eaters. One tactic:

Eat all the protein on your plate first → eat to fullness → take a breath and eat more → repeat until you're sweating, uncomfortable, and ready to vomit → stop eating

Your stomach will stretch after ~2 weeks of that routine. You'll be able to eat a ton of food without feeling miserable while force feeding.

Also:
    • Use heavy whipping cream
    • Eat at least 1.2-1.5g of protein per pound of body weight
    • Only drink water and whole milk
    • Eat higher calorie meats
    • use fast food periodically
    • Don't go above a ~600 to 800 calorie surplus

That's all I can think of right now.
    Last edited by hulksmash; 06-08-2019 at 01:02 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hulksmash For This Useful Post:

automatondan (06-08-2019),Tinbeater36 (06-10-2019)

Thanks
    Also, worrying about minutia to bulk is 100% stupidity.

I love data and numbers. Everyone here will tell you that. However, gaining muscle and losing fat really is just common sense.

Give attention to calories and protein, and disregard everything else. I see you wrote "macros"-forget about "macros" and other details.

A successful bulk=eat in a surplus, don't have a surplus of too many calories, have high daily protein, do very intense lifting, and do cardio. That's it, nothing else!

Thanks
    Thanks for the advice Hulk. I have mastered the art of being a competitive eater, but in order to keep a low bodyfat and gain muscle I currently have the correct balance. I am at the edge of just slightly more intake than I should be getting, to make sure I'm slightly over-fueling. I also eat only clean calories; the only non-clean calories are my post workout which contains protein shake.

I did test the double calorie route, but unfortunately my body type will store the calories and cause a reduction in definition. I'm looking to slowly add the bulk while keeping most of my current definition.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,302 Times in 1,398 Posts
    Welcome. You could experiment with Intermittent Fasting to help keep bf low while still maintaining a surplus of calories and benefiting from controlling insulin and mTOR spikes.

Or you could increase your cals on a normal style diet and do 2-adays and add HIIT for cardio.
    "We are the white knights of the darker side of athletics." -HollyWoodCole

Thanks
    Thanked 2,302 Times in 1,398 Posts
    Btw, anything in the PH world nowadays is garbage and is most likely highly filled with toxins and God knows what. Orals in general are not good for you. I'd stay away from SARMS as well. None of them are "kickstarters" and ALL will have at least SOME inhibitory effect on your natuaral HPTA. If you want to do the real thing, we have a AAS section here on the board that is full of solid info. I'd start by reading the stickies in those sections, and then post up a new thread with questions.
    "We are the white knights of the darker side of athletics." -HollyWoodCole

Elite
    Thanks

Solid With:
    Personal Macros
    Workout Routines
    Healthy Life Decisions

Unknowns:
    Safely Bulking
    Low bodyfat bulking sounds like Vince Girondas territory. Full keto meat, cheese, cream, eggs no carbs.

That said I am certainly not the person to give you advice on the subject, but I have recently read a bunch of his stuff and that is literally how he trained Larry Scott.
    "A goal without a plan is just a wish"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,052 Times in 576 Posts
    Your post lacks all relevant info ... including age, height, weight, body fat, years lifting, and calories you're currently eating ... you sound young and inexperienced (not being mean - just stating the facts as I see them) ..

Most even beginning bodybuilders, weightlifters, or anyone with the goal of adding muscle know you must have a calorie positive diet to gain size ... this simply means you must take in more calories than you use daily ... to be honest without knowing anything else ... I'd say if you're going to bulk then bulk ... dont fvck around ....

The natural / enhanced conversation can only be had once you've put in the years natural to leaned to workout and eat to grow first .. in any case post up your stats.
    HRT for life!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to transcend2007 For This Useful Post:

automatondan (06-08-2019)

Thanks
    Thanks for the advice dan. I will take time this evening and go through that section. Yeah, I found that that I needed estrogen and gear support during the PH cycle, and had to do a full PCT to get back to normal after. All while getting minimal gains during the process.

Thanks
    Thanks Long. I appreciate any advice. That will allow me to investigate all options. I did go Keto for a while, and it does provide great cutting. For me it created muscle loss during the process as well. But if there's a regimen out there that provides the cutting of keto while gaining muscle, I'm all for checking it out.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ClassicallyNew For This Useful Post:

Long (06-08-2019)

Thanks
    Thanks Long. I appreciate any advice. That will allow me to investigate all options. I did go Keto for a while, and it does provide great cutting. For me it created muscle loss during the process as well. But if there's a regimen out there that provides the cutting of keto while gaining muscle, I'm all for checking it out.
    What are your stats right now? Age, weight, height, bodyfat %?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast