Happy Pride Month (USA)

BrotherJ

Elite
Reaction score
I don't give a shit what consenting adults do - and if they wanna have a Pride Month or whatever I don't care either. I think the only thing that bothers me is all the company advertising and logos everywhere about Pride Month. I was watching TV the other (bad decision all around) and there were rainbow flags in the corner and commercials. Consume our product citizen, we are virtue signalling when it is politically convenient for us to do so, buy our dish pods.

Reaction score
I don't care one way or another about the day per se, but I do care about fractionating what was once a nation into a bunch of little groups. Next is Samoan gnome day.

BrotherIron

Reaction score
Why would someone be butthurt by saying Happy Pride Month? If they're that sensitive, perhaps they should go elsewhere.

Everyone deserves to be happy.

Reaction score
There's no white male pride month because straight white males have never been an opressed group. Every day is white male pride day...24/7/365. We rule the world.

Pride month is about these people standing up for themselves and their rights, and I (a straight white male) support it 100%.

This world will be a better place when straights stand up for gays, whites stand up for blacks, men stand up for women...we need to help people be the best they can be, not tear them down and judge them for being different.

Racism, sexism, homophobia, all have one thing in common, fear.

Janoy Cresva

Reaction score
Regardless of sexual orientation, everyone should experience a pride festival at least once. It doesn’t carry the stigma it once did and provides a glimpse into the LGBT community ( hint: it’s not all about sex and genitalia)
Hard pass. Kthanksbye

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This world will be a better place when straights stand up for gays, whites stand up for blacks, men stand up for women...we need to help people be the best they can be, not tear them down and judge them for being different.

Racism, sexism, homophobia, all have one thing in common, fear.
Fookin' Aye. This right here.

BrotherJ

Elite
Reaction score
Multiple friends and family members in the LGBTQ community - my girlfriend is trans and it's been interesting seeing the variety of reactions people have when she tells them she is trans (she looks completely female). Some react with a "oh cool whatever floats your boat" and some people think it's a green light to ask a bunch of awkward questions. Either way, pride onth may be over played a bit (what holiday isn't?) but I don't see the harm in people celebrating and embracing their community, identity, orientation, gender etc...The corporate grandstanding is a bit old though.

The Phoenix

Elite
Reaction score
All I can say is that one truly does not really know who is gay/bi/straight until you get to know that person. Not everyone flashes a flag to get attention or signal they are queer. Time to get over the stereotypes and just live and let live.

New Threads