Greetings everyone! :D

Reaction score
Thank you for the welcome.
300 calories ended up being some lean meat, one fruit, and then consuming seltzer water with lemon juice. I think I was turning into a vendetta for the doctor to prove I was cheating or lying somehow. They didn’t come out and say it, but I wonder. Near the end they were rather mystified.

Welcome aboard. Nice intro. How were you able to only consume 300 calories?

Beserker

Viking King
Reaction score
Welcome! You have the right attitude, no doubt you’ll succeed in time. I believe you’re on the right track, adding muscle mass to increase your metabolic rate seems like a necessary step in your journey. There’s some really great nutritionists here to help out...

Reaction score
Thank you! Yes, I was hoping for the very same thing. Not giving up without a proper fight! :p

Welcome! You have the right attitude, no doubt you’ll succeed in time. I believe you’re on the right track, adding muscle mass to increase your metabolic rate seems like a necessary step in your journey. There’s some really great nutritionists here to help out...

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Of course I stopped getting the shot right then, but the damage had already been done.
So, I started endurance running.

Under direction of my doctor, I began doing a calorie deficit. With direct supervision, gradually reducing my calories down, ending up to only 300 calories per day to start losing weight. Absolutely ludicrous.
I have the approval of my doctor, but I insisted I stop after three months, because I feel the lack of food is makes life unbearable. I simply can’t do it.

Going back to my normal 1200–1400 cal diet has returned the weight back in only 6 months. This is also documented.

My first question is, at 224 lbs you are running...not being harsh...just trying to know exactly what is the amount (per day or week etc...) of the "endurance running"

You went off the shot and say you lost the weight....which you dropped by almost starving yourself (which would work for almost everyone) and when you upped to still a pretty low calorie diet...you said you gained back the 98 pounds? Correct me if I'm wrong.

In my personal opinion and lifestyle, I would need to know what exactly you are eating...as you said you are healthy in every way..so you don't have an issue that keeps you over heavy. Not to mention, what is you fitness life like?

Folks have a hard time when they don't know they aren't really doing the proper things to lose weight. If you list the exact diet and exact training you are doing...you can get better help!:)

Reaction score
No problem! I appreciate any advice and criticism I could recieve. I am open to learn.
And yes, I can see now there are gaps in the info I need to fill in. It made sense recalling it, but it wasn’t clear. I can fix that!
I took the depo shot in 2005, and gained 98 pounds in full by 2007.
I started long running, because going back to ballet wasn’t helping.
I was up to four hours per day, marathon training. Not going fast, but walk/jogging nonstop. I was utterly determined to lose the weight. If I ended up doing an actual marathon, then so be it. Maybe my life was taking me a new direction.
Unfortunately the weight refused to budge, and by running I gained more muscle under the fluff.
I was now buff AND fluffy.
This simply didn’t change. My doctor put me on the reduced diet in 2014, and I went from 220 to 176. I didn’t complete the journey, but 40 pounds is 40 pounds!
This was a huge breakthrough at the time, and I was delighted. However I was having meltdown crying because I felt so hungry. I felt I was losing my sanity.
I just couldn’t do it anymore, I had lost the will to keep going. I WANTED more food than this twilight zone madness.
The relief that swept over me, going back to a normal plate, was real.
My doctor cheerfully suggested I was fine to stop, and maybe I would stay at my new level, but 6-7 months later I was right back to the 220’s again.
So they ran my blood tests again, and everything still came back normal. They did another special thyroid test and that also came back fine. And they had me come back in a month and they ran them again,except without me fasting, and it was still normal.
My doctor says I have one of the most stubborn cases they know. All of my levels and hormones are normal. They don’t fault me me stopping the calorie deficit, but they don’t know what to suggest other than to gain muscle.

The doctor didn’t believe me in the beginning about my diet, but I faithfully recorded everything for about four years. I’m very healthy, and I’ve been sugar free for the last three years. I’m 100% committed to trying new things that might help.
Now it’s only the memory of me being a toothpick, and my current BMI of 34 that is driving me insane. I don’t want to stay this way.

This is why, I’ve decided to add some weight training to my schedule to see if I add more muscle to my arms, if it changes the tiebreaker.

I honestly don’t know if there is remnants of the depo shot in my fatty tissue, making my progress harder than it has to be. I can speculate, but I don’t know for sure. I was told the shot would dissipate within a year. Who knows.

I made a post in the weight loss area about how I’m going to try an enema. I mean, why not?

I’m absolutely open to suggestions.
Please teach and instruct anything your experience feels moved to offer.
And thank you for taking the time to listen.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Well, thank you for explaining some more things..first I want to touch on the other thread. There is nothing wrong with cleansing your inside once in a while...it's healthy but it is NOT a weight loss program.

I'm the only other female answering you so take it as much as you want...not to mention I'm almost 17 years older than you and in excellent fitness shape because it's been my lifestyle.We all have different bodies and lives...so not everything works for every person. BUT...being female even without hormone issues...our bodies make changes and gaining weight and not losing it is one of them. There is no explanation, it's just life as we age!

The deal is.....trying diet drugs...barely eating any calories...drink only diets....it's all a waste of time and money. You are going to have to mess around with diet and training until you see what works for your body...it's that simple. Unfortunately cardio might be a major part of what you need and I'm not talking only three days a week and NOT 4 hours at a time. You need to get a proper balance between working out and doing cardio. You need to play around with protein, carb and fat intake in each meal...

Some of us are major protein first and the others come behind it....some have to have the carbs come first...the only way you'll know is by messing around with that but if you HONESTLY want to make a hardcore try ...you need to eat clean. I know you say no sugar but that's not the only reason people gain weight. The internet will teach you how to do it properly but you gotta do research. Many of us can tell you what to do but we are not in your body...this is on you to figure it out. As much as that sucks...it's life!

You again didn't list what you are eating now or what you actually do as training. Are you a gym member?

Grego

Reaction score
From one northwesterner to another, welcome. Jenn’s post speaks volumes of good info. You seem intelligent, so it should be no surprise that we are talking lifestyle modifications. Not quick fixes. If you do something for a while and don’t get the desired result, you will have to make incremental changes.

New Threads