Greetings everyone! :D

Reaction score
Hello!

I am brand new to this forum. I have done a lot of web searching for the past eight years and I’m hoping joining this community will help me continue to better myself.

I am 35 years old.
5’6” and 224 pounds.
This was not always this case! And I want to change, safely and healthily.

I have lived sugar free for three years, and I’ve always been a small to moderate eater. I eat keto/paleo by unintentional default because I grew up eating with vegetarian grandparents. But I love beef!
I have submitted food journals to my health practitioner who has followed me the whole way.

I used to be a ballerina, and was called “toothpick” growing up. One glass of wine will get me drunk.
However, I am one of the people who have a severe reaction to the depo-provera shot, and I gained 98 pounds in two years.
I was informed of this side effect after I moved to a new state and met with my new doctor. Of course I stopped getting the shot right then, but the damage had already been done.
So, I started endurance running.

The new healthcare practitioner has put me through everything to drop the weight. My BMI is 34, but my legs are full of muscle.
I have been tested for my thyroid, and filled out eating journals. Everything is normal. I do have low blood pressure, but they attribute that to the years of running.

Under direction of my doctor, I began doing a calorie deficit. With direct supervision, gradually reducing my calories down, ending up to only 300 calories per day to start losing weight. Absolutely ludicrous.
I have the approval of my doctor, but I insisted I stop after three months, because I feel the lack of food is makes life unbearable. I simply can’t do it.

Going back to my normal 1200–1400 cal diet has returned the weight back in only 6 months. This is also documented.

Currently I am a office assistant, and I am sedentary for about 12 hours.
It’s much easier to run, but I am attempting to put in weights. I am finally able to bench press about 100 lbs.

I am hoping that by joining this community I will learn better things which will make my life healthier and easier to accomplish my weight loss.

I hope I have not overshared too much information. I am very eager to listen and learn from other people.
Thank you for letting me join this community.

Reaction score
What gave it away? The birth control?Welcome single horned toad, er unicorn frog. :32 (20):
As a dude who’s had his balls cut off, I don’t know anything about birth control....

Reactions: Jin

StoliFTW

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hi, after a few years under the belt, always learning.. I can say for certain, Diet accounts probably for 80% of where you want to get to. My lifestyle is so chaotic and never steady, it's hard for me to nail down my diet. Looking forward to your posts.

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
. . . Hello! . . .

I used to be a ballerina, and was called “toothpick” growing up. One glass of wine will get me drunk . . .

The two of us need to meet after school ..... under the bleachers?

On an alternate note, WELCOME to the board. You write an excellent introduction; no such thing as too much information imo. Not too many high schoolers here, if any. What is here is a lot of been-there-done-that in all its forms ... a lot of life experiences, with training+diet experience, and a bit of cynicism about doctors mixed in. Read around as much as time permits, ask questions when a pre-existing thread, or replies to this one, lead to a question.

Merlin

Reaction score
Welcome, better intro than most. It will be a marathon not a race. keep it up.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Nice intro. How were you able to only consume 300 calories?

No kidding!

I get at least 300 Cals just from eating the peeling skin from my fingers. :32 (18):

Reactions: Jin
Reaction score
Thank you for the welcome. Always willing to learn.

Hi, after a few years under the belt, always learning.. I can say for certain, Diet accounts probably for 80% of where you want to get to. My lifestyle is so chaotic and never steady, it's hard for me to nail down my diet. Looking forward to your posts.

Reaction score
Thank you. I’m excited to read and see the journey that others have been on.
And yes, I’m a super lightweight. Three and I fall asleep. Haha

The two of us need to meet after school ..... under the bleachers?

On an alternate note, WELCOME to the board. You write an excellent introduction; no such thing as too much information imo. Not too many high schoolers here, if any. What is here is a lot of been-there-done-that in all its forms ... a lot of life experiences, with training+diet experience, and a bit of cynicism about doctors mixed in. Read around as much as time permits, ask questions when a pre-existing thread, or replies to this one, lead to a question.

New Threads