Injection site reaction

Reaction score
May be a dumb question but here goes. Made some home brew test cyp was careful and clean threw out the entire process everything seemed to go smoothly except filtering the the syringe filters took and extremely long time. Injected into my thigh 1mil of cyp 200 seemed to go well but then the next day I have a lump and soreness figured that was probably normal but eventually the not grew to the size of a baseball warm to touch and can hardly walk so I go in and see the doctor told her I didn’t know how it happened (not sure if I should have been honest) she said it looks like a bacterial infection and that I have a large abscess gives me antibiotics and 800mg Ibprophin and I have to go back later this week to get it drained. My instincts tell me to pitch what I made but wanted opinions. Could it have been an allergic reaction to something? Is it more likely I made a mistake injecting or the brew was bad?

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
sounds like potential issue with the brew. did you ensure a clean inject? were the filters ever opened/old/etc? but def sounds like an infection and something went wrong somewhere. otherwise could just be some inject issue caused the swelling but with the bacteria, there is def something wrong. was this the only injection you did of it?

Reaction score
sounds like potential issue with the brew. did you ensure a clean inject? were the filters ever opened/old/etc? but def sounds like an infection and something went wrong somewhere. otherwise could just be some inject issue caused the swelling but with the bacteria, there is def something wrong. was this the only injection you did of it?

Yea this was the only injection I did and I use sterile filters the ones that come individually packaged. For the injection I swabbed the top of the bottle and I swabbed the injection site used a fresh needle was thinking I may have accidentally touched the needle to something this was my first testosterone shot ever so I was a bit nervous.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Toss it and give your next batch to someone you enjoy being passively aggressive towards and see how they react.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I wouldn't take the chance of that again; not me. Pitch it and leave the brewing to the experts.

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
yeah it sounds like something went wrong, i dont think its inject protocol issue. did you sterilize the vials? (i know dumb questions but people have filtered into unsterile vials). thought maybe just virgin muscle since you said it was your 1st? but shouldnt be infected. toss it and try again.

Deadhead

Elite
Reaction score
Better safe then sorry, toss it... I have heard of people heating vials at 250 for 30 min to kill any bacteria (testosterone only).... but I dont know how true that is and I still wouldnt chance your health on it... toss it

Reaction score
Just an update in the doctors getting it drained now she thinks it was a hematoma because it was all blood that came. Curious what I may have done wrong on the injection to cause that or just dumb luck?

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Just an update in the doctors getting it drained now she thinks it was a hematoma because it was all blood that came. Curious what I may have done wrong on the injection to cause that or just dumb luck?

Only one way to find out, god gave you two legs for a reason. Do or die man, do or die.

(figuratively - we hope)

Mythos

Elite
Reaction score

You nicked a vessel.. No big deal. This has happened to me hitting delts a few times. I know when it's coming because blood sprays out like from a hose for a couple seconds when I pull the needle out. I get a small lump for a day or two with no other problems.
Never really heard of this happening with quads though.

New Threads