Jefferson Deadlift Experiences?

Reaction score
Never done it before. Saw some retard named Jujimufu do it with 640lbs. Got me interested because of how awkward it looked. Anyone have experience doing it? If so, does it transfer to conventional?

Deadhead

Elite
Reaction score
Juji is a pretty strong retard lol, as far as experience... no havent tried it....

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Is he not the long haired dude that trains with just about every elite strongman on YouTube whilst doing back flips for no reason?

Deadhead

Elite
Reaction score
Hes pretty off the wall, but a stout mother****er

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
Saw him in one of the Brian Shaw youtubes I mentioned in general in the Larry Wheels thread.

In this one, he and Shaw and some smaller dude all go to a Planet Fitness to see how long they can train before getting thrown out ...... except they never did. Always heard about PF in mocking terms on boards like this, that vid was kinda disappointing lol.

Tiny

Elite
Reaction score
Sounds like a bad cover band
What exactly is done to make a deadlift "Jeffersonian"? Don't care enough to look it up but 5% interested in knowing

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
Only takes 4% to google "Jefferson Deadlift photos," but ..... feet on either side of the barbell. Guess you could have hands inside or outside legs, but inside seemed easier to me the one time I tried it. Kinda like a sumo deadlift, but with indecisive feet.

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Its good to work glutes but its not something Id personally do real heavy with such an awkward movement. Kai Green does em a lot, but Id rather just do heavy sumos for the same effect plus more.

New Threads