Keeping skin clear on cycle?

Deadhead

Elite
Reaction score
Is there a soap or anything I can use to keep my skin clear of pimples and such on cycle? It's never really got very bad but was curious if theres anything yall might use to keep you from breaking out to bad?

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Never had a problem until just recently. Started with those blind pimples on my face so I began to use salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide. You need to hit this as soon as it starts because it can take a few weeks to get it under control. You can use Retin-A also before bed. That will help to clear up any existing problems and can help to prevent new flair-ups.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
The estro acne sock dents & hard to pee go hand & hand in my experience.

When my skin breaks out more than normally on a cycle

will go 1/2 mg adex every 3rd day till it lets up ( depending on how much steroids may vary )

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Moved thread to more appropriate forum.

Tinbeater36

Reaction score
I use the orange Neutragena soap and the blue Neutragena Clear Pore. Tanning a little helps too, especially on areas that normally don't get sun.

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I don't want to give advice, but I'll share how I got rid of all acne.

I had bad facial acne. I tried everything.

I researched sebum/sebaceous gland synthesis, production, and every component to sebum/sebaceous glands. I learned the best tactic is to avoid washing your face. To make acne vanish:

• Soak your face very good.
  • Use any rough exfoliator. I used sea salt.
  • Use water during and after using the exfoliator.

Exfoliators do the cleaning of your face. Rub your face good for as long as needed. Don't rub gently-you want everything gone.

I've never had acne since.

Every acne product sold uses compounds that will guarantee never-ending acne. Profit is all they care about.

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Never had a problem until just recently. Started with those blind pimples on my face so I began to use salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide. You need to hit this as soon as it starts because it can take a few weeks to get it under control. You can use Retin-A also before bed. That will help to clear up any existing problems and can help to prevent new flair-ups.

Benzol peroxide and every other peroxide damages healthy tissues.

Your body will create more sebum and add more oil to your skin as a result of using peroxide. Peroxides create free radicals in the skin.

Doctors finally are telling people to stop using hydrogen peroxide.

Deadhead

Elite
Reaction score
Moved thread to more appropriate forum.

I actually debated on where to post this for a while .... I'm trying brotha forgive me lol... I keep spongy in mind now before I post

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I don't want to give advice, but I'll share how I got rid of all acne.

I had bad facial acne. I tried everything.

I researched sebum/sebaceous gland synthesis, production, and every component to sebum/sebaceous glands. I learned the best tactic is to avoid washing your face. To make acne vanish:

• Soak your face very good.
  • Use any rough exfoliator. I used sea salt.
  • Use water during and after using the exfoliator.

Exfoliators do the cleaning of your face. Rub your face good for as long as needed. Don't rub gently-you want everything gone.

I've never had acne since.

Every acne product sold uses compounds that will guarantee never-ending acne. Profit is all they care about.

as a teen i had it pretty good.

Than once i started cycling at 22 things got bad, I ended up at a dr

this is good advice tho

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
as a teen i had it pretty good.

Than once i started cycling at 22 things got bad, I ended up at a dr

this is good advice tho

I must add that very severe acne will need prescription medicine.

For normal acne, it's all about preventing sebum production. Soaps and the related wipes away oil and causes more sebum production to replace what was lost.

Reactions: CJ

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score

For normal acne, it's all about preventing sebum production. Soaps and the related wipes away oil and causes more sebum production to replace what was lost.

^^^this!

Nothing topical stopped my cyctic acne when on just a moderate dose of only testosterone, except lowering my dose to a legit trt dose. Minocycline lessened it a bit, but still way above acceptable.

Reaction score
I cannot control my acne, but it has nothing to do with being on. I’m throwing in the towel and seeing dermatologist in a month, I’m afraid it’ll be another round of accutane. Seems every 10 years my skin attacks me.

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
I cannot control my acne, but it has nothing to do with being on. I’m throwing in the towel and seeing dermatologist in a month, I’m afraid it’ll be another round of accutane. Seems every 10 years my skin attacks me.
Same with me 30, I will do a roughly two to three month cycle of Accutane and skin is great anywhere from 1-1/2 to 2 years, then back it comes. The extent of the breakouts (usually on back) is directly proportional with AAS use with me.

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Same with me 30, I will do a roughly two to three month cycle of Accutane and skin is great anywhere from 1-1/2 to 2 years, then back it comes. The extent of the breakouts (usually on back) is directly proportional with AAS use with me.

You Need To Know This:

• Protection from bacteria and microorganisms is the purpose of sebum (acne is due to overabundant sebum).
  • Your skin has a very fine, slightly acidic film on its surface called the acid mantle. It's a barrier against anything that may penetrate your skin. Sebum mixes with sweat and creates the acid mantle.
  • OTC acne products wreck skin so badly that it causes your body to freak out and put sebum creation into overdrive.
  • Sebum is 41% triglycerides (fatty acids). Non-polar solvents like isopropyl alcohol and petroleum jelly dissolve fatty acids.

Conclusion:
  1. Rub down acne areas with isopropyl alcohol first*
  2. Clean the area(s) with an exfoliator. Apply more IA if evaporated.
  3. Rinse off the area.
  4. Repeat 1-3 as you see fit.

The IA dissolves the excess sebum. Exfoliator removes the dissolved, excess sebum. I use sea salt because water dissolves salt, thus rinsing everything off. DO NOT USE WATER UNTIL AFTER EXFOLIATOR USE!

Chemistry and biology can't be beat.

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
You Need To Know This:

• Protection from bacteria and microorganisms is the purpose of sebum (acne is due to overabundant sebum).

• Your skin has a very fine, slightly acidic film on its surface called the acid mantle. It's a barrier against anything that may penetrate your skin. Sebum mixes with sweat and creates the acid mantle.

• OTC acne products wreck skin so badly that it causes your body to freak out and put sebum creation into overdrive.

• Sebum is 41% triglycerides (fatty acids). Non-polar solvents like isopropyl alcohol and petroleum jelly dissolve fatty acids.

Conclusion:
  1. Rub down acne areas with isopropyl alcohol first*
  2. Clean the area(s) with an exfoliator. Apply more IA if evaporated.
  3. Rinse off the area.
  4. Repeat 1-3 as you see fit.

The IA dissolves the excess sebum. Exfoliator removes the dissolved, excess sebum. I use sea salt because water dissolves salt, thus rinsing everything off. DO NOT USE WATER UNTIL AFTER EXFOLIATOR USE!

Chemistry and biology can't be beat.

Nice, great info. Thanks for posting

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

correct.

But if you are doing the proper wash, exfoliate, etc technique.......some of the off the shelf products do work. you just need to be on top of the issue to begin with

Reaction score
Use a foaming soap or facial cleanser over cream-based or lotion cleansers. Foaming cleansers do a much better job cleansing away excess oil and leave your skin feeling fresh and clean.

New Threads