DNP crystal 250mg first run

Reaction score
Hi!
I found so much information in this forum that I thought it would be fair to share back my first run. I'm 55 years old, 5.90 feet. Has never done any sport, fitness or cardio in my life, and 6 months ago found myself pre-diabetic, 35% body fat, 236 pounds weight. So I changed my diet, went through keto, low carbs, intermittent fasting, omad, and now around 800-1000 calories deficit 7/7days. And of course I started hitting the gym after a few months walking fast pace five miles every day. I dropped more than 40 pounds, weighing around 192 pounds now, and 27-28% body fat. It's a scale that gives me these numbers, so I don't know how much it's accurate, but the drop is accurate nether less.
I am looking to drop 20 more pounds, and I'm sure I can do it by just by sticking on my diet and weightlifting every day. A clean loss. But I was curious about DNP so I decided to give it a try, more for the experience than for the necessity.

My pills are dosed 250mg of crystal DNP, but I don't know how reliable is my supplier. Here is my first week:

8 June 250mg morning 8am 191.80 pounds
9 June 250mg morning 8am 192.90 pounds
10 June 250mg morning 8am 192.70 pounds
11 June 250mg morning 8am 192.00 pounds
12 June 250mg morning 8am 193.80 pounds
13 June 500mg split 12 hours 194.90 pounds
14 June 500mg split 12 hours 194.90 pounds

Side effects: Nothing the first 4 days, a little hot from the 5th day, now I'm just wetting a bit my pillow at night, but really not that much. Not sure if hunger increased, my diet didn't change much, I just added 2 cups of fruits daily, really not a big deal. I can still fast 20 hours a day. Gym is harder, I can't maintain my sets, after 20min I don't have much energy left. Still can do a full hour, but after each set I feel dizzy for 20 seconds.
I'm disappointed not seeing any weight loss, I understand the water retention can mask the fat loss, so let's see how it goes in a week or two.
Today will be my 3rd day at 500mg and side effects so far are minimum. Maybe I have a high tolerance, maybe my batch is weak or under-dosed. I will move up to 750mg tomorrow, split doses 6am, 2pm and 10pm. I don't know how long I will do this run, 3 pills/day will be my maximum limit to stay safe, so it will depends on the side effects I guess.

Any thoughts?

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
I think you should stay at the same dose until you have completed 10 days then stop. See how the weight drops after 2 weeks from last dose, if the drop is not significant then something is amiss. The scales can **** with your head on dnp so I would not even stand on the till your last dose then every 2 days after that as the water starts coming off.

Reaction score
Thanks for your word of wisdom. I will stay at 2 pills, not move up to 3 pills as I was planning.
Number of days depending on the side effects, let’s say total run 10 to 14 days. I will post a full log with water loss weight after cycle.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
That’s exactly the correct approach. The sides on dnp can crawl up and bite you in the ass. Are you taking electrolytes?? If not I would get some and start now.

Thanks for your word of wisdom. I will stay at 2 pills, not move up to 3 pills as I was planning.
Number of days depending on the side effects, let’s say total run 10 to 14 days. I will post a full log with water loss weight after cycle.

Reaction score
I’m taking fresh coconut water now, unlimited supply at my door step. Hope this would be enough.

Thanks again for your advice, I was really frustrated by the lack of results and minor side effects, I would have taken a risky path.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
had to google that but coconut water does have electrolytes in so guess that be fine

I’m taking fresh coconut water now, unlimited supply at my door step. Hope this would be enough.

Thanks again for your advice, I was really frustrated by the lack of results and minor side effects, I would have taken a risky path.

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i think youre doing a good job at researching so much props to that. but as mentioned above, stay at 2. you dont want to overdo it on your 1st run as you shoudl really see how your body is going to adjust and effect from it. the sides can really come on strong randomly. i can usually do 15-20 days between 600mg and then i will throw on the 800 for the few days but only b/c i know myself and know whats going to happen. youll get some really good knowledge on yourself on this run just keeping it simple and using it going forward. once you start getting to be really hard to workout and potentially hard breathes, youll probably notice a huge desire for random junk food and cravings...thats probably the end of your run as its gets hard b/c youll want to eat and thats just going to increase she sides. No idea on the coconut water but as long as youre staying hydrated and not feeling any negs, thats good. id still be cautious and keep some G2 or something. with you being pre diabetic...are you checking your sugars during this time? i would highly recommend it.

Beti ona

Reaction score
Your diet is very low in calories, maybe too low, you are firing all cartridges too early, it may work or it may fail. My plan would be to increase the calories a bit, your metabolism should be better than when you started, and you should have more muscle than before, so you should continue to burn fat while still gaining some muscle mass. Training should not be very long, with or without DNP, 30-40 minutes, 3-4 times a week. I like a 3 day routine: legs, chest-shoulder-triceps, back-trapeze-biceps, Cardio fasting almost every day, 45 minutes. If all this is in order, just let DNP do the work, one week ON and one week OFF. Keep the same protocol every week you need, you do not need to increase the dose or run more days.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Gaining muscle on DNP? Is that possible

Your diet is very low in calories, maybe too low, you are firing all cartridges too early, it may work or it may fail. My plan would be to increase the calories a bit, your metabolism should be better than when you started, and you should have more muscle than before, so you should continue to burn fat while still gaining some muscle mass. Training should not be very long, with or without DNP, 30-40 minutes, 3-4 times a week. I like a 3 day routine: legs, chest-shoulder-triceps, back-trapeze-biceps, Cardio fasting almost every day, 45 minutes. If all this is in order, just let DNP do the work, one week ON and one week OFF. Keep the same protocol every week you need, you do not need to increase the dose or run more days.

Beti ona

Reaction score
Not while you taking DNP, but yes in the general program of excessive fat loss. This applies to someone who has not lift and diet for gain muscle previously, as with Colin case, if you are a lifter for years, forget about that. Now, I have a protocol to use DNP in off season to get lower fat gain. So technically, you will gain more muscle versus fat. This is just theoretical, I'm starting to experiment with it. It is really easy to do, just a week of DNP and increase your cardio fast from 30 to 50 minutes, one week each month.

Reaction score
UPDATE
The two last days side effects were getting harder to go through.
No energy, I couldn't go to the gym yesterday.
Cravings are a real thing, I was intermittent fasting 20 hours a day for two months, and now I have to eat every 6 hours. No junk, just chicken breast, eggplants, eggs, but that's still more calories adding up.
The worst thing is not the sweating all day and night, it's the very poor sleep and been totally lethargic when I wake up. I can't roll out of bed, no energy at all.
The increase in weight is surprising but I'm not worried. Most of it, if not all, is water retention.

So I decided to stop today after a very short cycle of 9 days. It will take 10-15 days to flush out the DNP from my system, I will post a final data sheet in two weeks with the weight variations.
Thinking already starting a second cycle in 2 months, but sticking to 250mg/day with no increase and for a total of 20 days length. Maybe change my DNP source. Thanks again for your feedback and support. It helped me take the right approach and stay on the safe side.

Date250mgTotal KgLbs
07-Jun0087.8193.6
08-Jun1 pill25087.0191.8
09-Jun1 pill40787.5192.9
10-Jun1 pill50787.4192.7
11-Jun1 pill56987.1192.0
12-Jun1 pill60987.9193.8
13-Jun2 pills88388.4194.9
14-Jun2 pills105688.4194.9
15-Jun2 pills116688.8195.8
16-Jun2 pills123489.3196.9
17-Jun077889.6197.5
18-Jun0490
19-Jun0309
20-Jun0194
21-Jun0122
22-Jun077
23-Jun049
24-Jun031
25-Jun019
26-Jun012
27-Jun08
28-Jun05
29-Jun03
30-Jun02
01-Jul01
02-Jul01
03-Jul00

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Very good shout stopping now, and good on you for listening to advice, believe it or not not many people do. Drink plenty water now and it will flush that water retention away.

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good work man and I completely agree with Trump above...its good to look at how the body is telling you to react. some people can take it for a few days and be done with it as it gets too much but youll see most people are right around where you're at 10-14 days. Pretty good idea to read the body and lets see how you come out of it and see the end results...that will be a really good idea for the future. The cravings are very real, it sucks. You can be one, like me, who simply doesnt want junk and sweets but towards the end, nothing but that soulds like the best food in the world. once i get there, i gotta stop or the results suck ass like you said..sweating is horrible at that point. keep us updated on the progress of the water drop, you'll be surprised as just how much water you can retain while on DNP. keep up that water and electros while its coming out

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
Awesome to see a member taking time to research and following he advice then sharing it in s great thread!!
Looking forward to seeing your progress and keep up the good work!

New Threads