Do this

Tiny

Elite
Reaction score
If you're not incorporating this movement in your chest or shoulder days, should prob start
Increases ability to stabilize weights in too many exercises for me to care to list for you. If you ever get in to a disagreement that eventually involves fists and noses, high prob. your rotator cuff can get hurt/strained etc.
I do this reversed. Same general movement but holding cable in the other hand rotating outwards.
View attachment 7925

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I agree with this recommendation... highly agree. Is that you in the illustration? Well, a cartoon of you, but not really you, but it might be really you. This is the internet.

Reactions: Jin

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If you're not incorporating this movement in your chest or shoulder days, should prob start
Increases ability to stabilize weights in too many exercises for me to care to list for you. If you ever get in to a disagreement that eventually involves fists and noses, high prob. your rotator cuff can get hurt/strained etc.
I do this reversed. Same general movement but holding cable in the other hand rotating outwards.
View attachment 7925

How dare you say this-

You can't tell us do this and act like it's the only way

There's many ways to keep the rotator cuff.

Get off your high horse.

I think this was good advice, but others will tell you above. You didnt state its just your opinion

Reactions: Jin

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I agree with this recommendation... highly agree. Is that you in the illustration? Well, a cartoon of you, but not really you, but it might be really you. This is the internet.

It's probably not; he's clearly full of himself if he demanded we do that. Tell 'em, Seeker!

Tiny

Elite
Reaction score
Nah, just some shit that came up when I searched. Decent symmetry on cartoon guy. Chest needs a bit more heavy work

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Nah, just some shit that came up when I searched. Decent symmetry on cartoon guy. Chest needs a bit more heavy work

I hope you realize that's a good tip you gave and rotator cuff health is hugely important.

I was having fun with how you worded it and made fun of other people's response to such wording.

Tiny

Elite
Reaction score
How dare you say this-

You can't tell us do this and act like it's the only way

There's many ways to keep the rotator cuff.

Get off your high horse.

I think this was good advice, but others will tell you above. You didnt state its just your opinion

I'm checking training logs ****ers

Then making fun of those with training logs

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
I prefer to jerking off for rotator cuff health

ccpro

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I was thinking good idea. Then, I studied the illustration and realized this will be an uncomfortable exercise for me, I think I'm damaged goods.

Tiny

Elite
Reaction score
I was thinking good idea. Then, I studied the illustration and realized this will be an uncomfortable exercise for me, I think I'm damaged goods.

It's awkward af

Benching 2X my body weight when I first incorporated it in to my routine I had to do it using a single plate on the cable. I think it was 5lbs. It was humbling

Issue is when you have above average back / delt strength and a weak rotator it's a recipe for disaster. Found that out after straining it badly during a...disagreement

Reaction score
interior/exterior rotations are very important but don't neglect anterior/posterior rotations with your elbow shoulder height as well

New Threads