Brefiks

Mythos

Elite
Reaction score
Hey, does anyone else have trouble eating substantial breakfast? How did you get over that?

I'm coming up 30-40 g protein short because I just don't have much appetite in the morning. Trying to make up for it later in the day is not working.

Am I just going to have to sit down and force myself to eat in the morning or is there some trick to firing up morning appetite?

Right now i have two small lunches and a big early dinner and one last small meal before bed. My breakfasts are weak, 10g protein and a couple hundred cals worth of carbs is all I really want.

Thanks in advance

Deadhead

Elite
Reaction score
Protien shake with a few whole eggs and a cup of oats it's like 600 cals and does me well if I'm in a hurry I can slam it down, can change whole eggs for egg whites depending on your fat needs

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
I rarely eat breakfast (like around 2% of the time). You should be able to get those needed cals throughout the day or with that last meal that you said is light... Just make it a bigger meal. Or eat some cottage cheese before bed. Or eat some peanuts. You can get 20 grams of protein from 20oz of 1% milk alone. We aren't talking a lot here. I guess I don't see the problem...

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
Used to have that problem in the morning too

It went away as I entered my late 30s

used to mix up eggs oats unflavored protien powder & unflavored carbohydrate powder with milk for breakfast.

Sometimes would add a little chocolate syrup to keep from gagging

Mythos

Elite
Reaction score
I rarely eat breakfast (like around 2% of the time). You should be able to get those needed cals throughout the day or with that last meal that you said is light... Just make it a bigger meal. Or eat some cottage cheese before bed. Or eat some peanuts. You can get 20 grams of protein from 20oz of 1% milk alone. We aren't talking a lot here. I guess I don't see the problem...

I guess it's just that I'm satisfied with my eating schedule and addding yet another meal later in the day would be uncomfortable. Jamming another 40 grams of protein after two evening meals seems crazy when I hardly eat for four hours in after I wake up.

Mythos

Elite
Reaction score
Used to have that problem in the morning too

It went away as I entered my late 30s

used to mix up eggs oats unflavored protien powder & unflavored carbohydrate powder with milk for breakfast.

Sometimes would add a little chocolate syrup to keep from gagging

I think I'm going to just try forcing it and hope it becomes a habit. I just hate walking around or trying to sleep all bloated and shit when I try to cram too much of my daily nutrition in to a shorter period of time

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
I hate breakfast and I found Greek yoghurt with scoop protein granola and blueberrys for some reason goes down a treat.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Or take a shake to bed to and drink In the night when you have a piss

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You don't have to accept any "rule" you see.

Breakfast doesn't have to be eaten.

Up to you

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I could eat a dozen eggs easy and not feel full. Eggs just don't seem to fill me up like some other foods do. Plus, farts.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My entire breakfast is only 46g protein... How much protein are you trying to eat in that one meal?

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Two thoughts,

1. Just don't eat breakfast, although you say you can't make up for it later.

So then,

2. Ram that shit down your throat, feel nauseated for a bit and then get on with your day

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
i eat eggs/potatoes with an avacado every morning after cardio. I literally inhale it like a doggy given a treat I'm so motherfukkin starving. i cook enough for 3 days of breakfast at a time so i just have to heat it up and eat it up.

another good/easy/quick one is french toast. made with Dave's killer bread, egg whites and sugar free syrup. Bomb and protein packed.

Long

Elite
Reaction score
Hey, does anyone else have trouble eating substantial breakfast? How did you get over that?

I'm coming up 30-40 g protein short because I just don't have much appetite in the morning. Trying to make up for it later in the day is not working.

Am I just going to have to sit down and force myself to eat in the morning or is there some trick to firing up morning appetite?

Right now i have two small lunches and a big early dinner and one last small meal before bed. My breakfasts are weak, 10g protein and a couple hundred cals worth of carbs is all I really want.

Thanks in advance

I eat at wakeup, 10, 12, 2, 4, 6, and 8. The better I get at my diet the more even my macros are at every meal. That makes life so much easier.

I also work out a bit after breakfast. When do you work out? Perhaps that is the issue?

Also, steak. I eat steak for breakfast. I used to just have a shake.
Shakes for me now are post workout, before bed, or if I am on the go or in a hurry.

Last edited:

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
I remember an old commercial for some gum or something, talked about "morning mouth." I've got that, first thing I wanna do in the morning after draining my peehole is pour some OJ down my piehole. Add some unflavored or vanilla whey powder to it, and it's an instant fix until you can do some solid food. I love the taste of OJ, but it is a little acidic when I drink 20-30 oz that way, diluting it with water to taste helps there. Loves me some Blender Bottles, use 'em 1st thing in the am and later at the gym for intra-workout shakes.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah pushing a big breakfast down is beyond me first thing in the morning also. I'm like most here, pound down a protein drink as soon as I'm out of bed.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
hardboild eggs, shake w oatmeal or a few frozen wafflez etc.... easy peazy, hell pre make brefiks sammich's and freeze em

New Threads