The big 3

Tiny

Elite
Reaction score
Was thinking about something at the gym earlier and wanted to throw it out there for discussion fodder.

500 different machines at the gym and I can finish an entire workout cycle with 3 movements.

Yes, each can target individual muscles but in my opinion they're to look good / symmetry. If I lived in some miserable state where a sweater is needed 10 months of the year I'd prob. only do these.

Ok, one is NOT deadlift, so give me the three you think they are

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I just went with personal preference there. Having a shoulder issue lately, and Incline is currently more friendly. And ironically, one specific machine.

Tiny

Elite
Reaction score
I just went with personal preference there. Having a shoulder issue lately, and Incline is currently more friendly. And ironically, one specific machine.

I've had lingering shoulder issues for years. I can literally pop both of them out of socket at will. I have to hit my rotator cuff exercises often so I don't kill myself doing bench and have my shoulder give out. That's the only shoulder specific exercises I do yet my shoulders have always been a disproportionately bigger muscle. Prob 50% scar tissue from pins LOL

The Tater

Elite
Reaction score
Mine would be Squat, Pullups, overhead press

CJ kinda spoiled it for us...

Reaction score
Mine would be bench, ohp, dead’s. No way I’m squatting, I barely do that to take a shit.

Reaction score
I always thought this program (newbie-fitness.blogspot com/2007/01/stripped-5x5.html?m=1) had excellent exercise selection. It only has 6 exercises, and you do 3 each day. Sessions can be extremely short if you don't rest more than 3 minutes.

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
I always thought this program (newbie-fitness.blogspot com/2007/01/stripped-5x5.html?m=1) had excellent exercise selection. It only has 6 exercises, and you do 3 each day. Sessions can be extremely short if you don't rest more than 3 minutes.

Like this concept. What's wrong with a menu of 6 basic "big" exercises split into 2 similar groups that are alternated in a 3 x week workout schedule. If 3 x week is too frequent, same idea but workouts are done in a 1 on, 2 off schedule.

Tiny

Elite
Reaction score

Tiny

Elite
Reaction score
Like this concept. What's wrong with a menu of 6 basic "big" exercises split into 2 similar groups that are alternated in a 3 x week workout schedule. If 3 x week is too frequent, same idea but workouts are done in a 1 on, 2 off schedule.

Exactly
A lot of the misc. movements were just magazine filler with headlines like THE ULTIMATE MASS ROUTINE that bodybuilder X does that is definitely not regurgitated fluff from the last 3 months issues!

New Threads