Workout Exchange

Beserker

Viking King
Reaction score
I’m always up for a challenge, and trying new things. Veteran lifters know how to really get the most out of a workout, so why not share your favorite!

If you try someone’s workout and it’s killer, thank them. Don’t thank unless you tried it, and feel it’s worthy, so as to help rank the workout in a way... not that it’s a competition at all... just there’s no need to criticize anyone that way.

I’ll start.

I have always dedicated a day a week solely to arms. This is one of my favorites. The pump I get from this is outstanding. Intensity has always been crucial to me to build arms... (though I do a heavy day for arms about once a month).

heavy preacher curls with cambered bar (or DBs) superset with heavy skull crushers- 3 sets of 6-8 range, 30 seconds between sets

2-3 minute rest, tops

DB curls on the 30degree incline bench with strict form (keep arms back for full stretch) superset with seated single arm overhead tri extenstions- 3 sets of 6-8 range, 30 seconds between sets

2-3 minutes tops between next supersets

low pulley concentration curls superset with seated mid pulley tricep extensions with rope- 3 sets of 10-12 range, 30 seconds between sets.

2-3 minutes tops rest

reverse grip single arm tri super set with single arm low pulley curls- 2 drop sets each until complete failure... around 25-30 reps each set.

Tiny

Elite
Reaction score
My arms got fatigue reading that routine...
I love hitting arms in one day but takes forever to recoup enough that I'm comfortable handling my chest/back within the next day or two

Might give this one a try before an off day then pick up a heavy leg day and another off.

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Exchanging ideas is always great.

The only sad things for those lifting for 10 years or more is you A. Have heard every way of training (there's a limit of variations) and B. You know what works best for you and knowing what others do is pointless.

Still fun to see if, just maybe, you missed a different way of doing things that would work for your body.

Tiny

Elite
Reaction score
Can't contribute much as my routines are very bland and just keep things simple. That's just what works for me. I have my base movements then incorporate 2-3 movements to target whatever the mirror tells me needs work. Pretty dialed in to when my over training line is crossed and it happens FAST. I've almost always only trained for aesthetics tho.

Example - chest day - Base movement flat Bench 5 sets pyramid weight 10-5-5-3 and a 10 rep cool down
If lets say my current development target is lower chest I'll do some decline hammer strength and maybe one of the foofoo chest machines

Edit- I almost always do 30-45min on low intensity cardio after to keep the wasp waist thing in check

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I’ve done some pretty stupid squat workouts.

One of these would have been my main squat set this past winter.

20 sets of 10@225 1 min rest. Between sets. 3 min break half way.

10 sets of 10@315 same rests time.

3 sets of 30@225 3 min rest.

If you are a stupid person like me I Recommend these stupid ideas for you to try.

Tiny

Elite
Reaction score

If you are a stupid person like me I Recommend these stupid ideas for you to try.

I'm wondering if I can do 400 reps with zero weight

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Jesus 10x10 220 and 3x20 220 had me spewing

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
I don't even lift, I just stay on tren year round and post here acting the part ;)

Beserker

Viking King
Reaction score

15 years ago I’d give that a shot... I can’t get off the recliner for that many sets now... used to do similar sheit though.

I’m only 2 months into my comeback, so maybe by the end of this year I’ll attempt it. I love huge volume workouts and giant sets.

New Threads