non responder to AAS

Zxrs5681

Reaction score
so i have always been a pretty small guy and struggled to put on weight. i started at 6' 145 lbs before lifting and got to 180 after a few years of lifting and eating like a pig from this point i jumped on my first test cycle and ended up putting on 10 lbs in 12 weeks and was happy to be making progress since then i have ran a couple test cycles with very disappointing results so i decided to hire a coach who to put together a workout program, diet, and AAS cycle. he had me start out with test and deca which i still didn't see any results so we added some drol which i worked up to 100 mg/day and 5K calories to see some weight gain finally threw in some tren and besides some anger absolutely nothing which was a big shock for me. the gear was from a known good source and i have had blood work on previous cycles to check.

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
so i have always been a pretty small guy and struggled to put on weight. i started at 6' 145 lbs before lifting and got to 180 after a few years of lifting and eating like a pig from this point i jumped on my first test cycle and ended up putting on 10 lbs in 12 weeks and was happy to be making progress since then i have ran a couple test cycles with very disappointing results so i decided to hire a coach who to put together a workout program, diet, and AAS cycle. he had me start out with test and deca which i still didn't see any results so we added some drol which i worked up to 100 mg/day and 5K calories to see some weight gain finally threw in some tren and besides some anger absolutely nothing. the gear was from a known good source and i have had blood work on previous cycles to check.

That’s odd, dumb question but are you sure your putting out in the gym? You know really pushing your limits using heavy weight pushing reps out, hitting failure, drop sets, rest pauses, forced reps? Focusing on progressive overload making sure to add weight to your lifts? Not meaning to insult you and saying you don’t just throwing it out there. Any health issues? Maybe check thyroid
in sure some more knowledgeable members can chime in.

Zxrs5681

Reaction score
That’s odd, dumb question but are you sure your putting out in the gym? You know really pushing your limits using heavy weight pushing reps out, hitting failure, drop sets, rest pauses, forced reps? Focusing on progressive overload making sure to add weight to your lifts? Not meaning to insult you and saying you don’t just throwing it out there. Any health issues? Maybe check thyroid
in sure some more knowledgeable members can chime in.
tbh their have been times over the last year that i have lost motivation and slack off a bit after not making much progress but i made sure to go into this cycle putting everything in lifts did go up but nothing impressive but i was still happy then 2 weeks into 350 mg/wk tren ace i felt no different lifts were the same, no physique change, and no sides other than a bit of anger this is when my coach said im just nit responding which he said hes seen before and has a different approach which should help.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Good bloodwork on a previous cycle means jack shit.

There seems to be a growing sub group who are immune to the effects of steroids and calories.

Even if you were not on gear you’d grow off 5K calories. I’ve been 300lbs and can grow on that amount at that weight.

You are still beholden to the laws of physics and thermodynamics.

Are you sure you’re eating as much as you think you are?

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The term 'non-responder' is a bit of a misnomer.

If you've got androgen receptors, then you WILL respond to AAS.

That being said, the human race is host to nearly infinite variation in metabolism, microbiome, musculoskeletal structure, hormonal milieu, etc, etc... As such, different people will necessarily respond in different ways to different exogenous hormones.

However, if you're truly seeing NO or MINIMAL results, then there are four likely culprits:

1.) Bad gear
2.) Bad diet
3.) Bad training protocol
4.) Some as yet undiagnosed health condition.

Zxrs5681

Reaction score
Good bloodwork on a previous cycle means jack shit.

There seems to be a growing sub group who are immune to the effects of steroids and calories.

Even if you were not on gear you’d grow off 5K calories. I’ve been 300lbs and can grow on that amount at that weight.

You are still beholden to the laws of physics and thermodynamics.

Are you sure you’re eating as much as you think you are?

my metabolism is ungodly high below 4K i loose weight at 5K i was gaining nicely but like you said even without gear i would gain. i started this cycle with the same gear i previously had n blood work with and no results

Zxrs5681

Reaction score
The term 'non-responder' is a bit of a misnomer.

If you've got androgen receptors, then you WILL respond to AAS.

That being said, the human race is host to nearly infinite variation in metabolism, microbiome, musculoskeletal structure, hormonal milieu, etc, etc... As such, different people will necessarily respond in different ways to different exogenous hormones.

However, if you're truly seeing NO or MINIMAL results, then there are four likely culprits:

1.) Bad gear
2.) Bad diet
3.) Bad training protocol
4.) Some as yet undiagnosed health condition.

1 bad gear is allways a possibility but i have used multiple different sources, and have had blood work done to check my levels.

2,3 even if i would lay in bed all day and eat chips (not really but you get the point) with the amount of stuff ive been on i should see some change.
4 another possibility but before starting AAS i had ny DR. do blood work to see if their was any reason i struggled to gain weigh and everything was fine.

Chillinlow

Reaction score
Shiit bro come over I’ll show you how to eat .....people I know are like who the f wakes up three times a night to eat? I’m like me :) lmao

Zxrs5681

Reaction score
Shiit bro come over I’ll show you how to eat .....people I know are like who the f wakes up three times a night to eat? I’m like me :) lmao
I thought I was the only one who got up in the middle of the night to eat. But honestly I have no problem eating to gain weight and I have made some pretty good progress over the years it's just AAS really dosent seems to help me any. I'm just trying to see if theirs any not so obvious reasons as to why?

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
my metabolism is ungodly high below 4K i loose weight at 5K i was gaining nicely but like you said even without gear i would gain. i started this cycle with the same gear i previously had n blood work with and no results

thats insane but I’d bet you are not counting calories exact and may be over counting/estimating ,that’s a lot of calories to not gain much on. I have a very good metabolism too and I maintain at 3k gain lot at 4K including some fat.
Like Jin was saying, he’s 300 pounds And from what I’ve seen it’s a lot of muscle yet he still gained on 5k, at his weight and muscle make up his tdee is probably higher than most. So id sit down and re evaluate your diet and ensure you are eating as much as you think.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score

Either you aren’t eating as much as you think you are or #4 from TODAY’s list.

Zxrs5681

Reaction score
Either you aren’t eating as much as you think you are or #4 from TODAY’s list.
I'm going to switch out the gear to make sure. Bug do you agree on tren I should see some physical change whether it be muscle gain, fat loss, or more vascularity even if my workout was shit and I wasnt eating enough.

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'll chime in briefly as TODAY mentioned this as well.. there are some people who are minimal responders to the gear, even if its good. I can vouch that the source is good and never an issue on that part. I can run tren to no end --> literally no negative sides but then again, not a massive amount of "godly" sides either. I might get very minimal aggression...not like as in Im going to kill you, just more agitated. as far as Test goes, I dont break out, I have 0 atrophy, increase in libido is non existent. As TODAY said, the metabolism can play some games...its like my body likes to take whatever I inject/ingest and it minimalist it. I do notice a slight uptick in strength after a few weeks, not like "Im going to add and add" but i see more of a reduction in fatigue, soreness, etc. And to me, that is assisting in growing, not to say there arent endless amounts of other things to help assist. What Im trying to say is keep at it, make sure everything else is proper and inline, the AAS is not going to be the be all end all, bc you may be like me, the gear is not going to attribute in some ways as you may think, other things are much more important.

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I thought I was the only one who got up in the middle of the night to eat. But honestly I have no problem eating to gain weight and I have made some pretty good progress over the years it's just AAS really dosent seems to help me any. I'm just trying to see if theirs any not so obvious reasons as to why?
How's your sleep quality?

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I'm going to switch out the gear to make sure. Bug do you agree on tren I should see some physical change whether it be muscle gain, fat loss, or more vascularity even if my workout was shit and I wasnt eating enough.

Since I’ve never slacked off/ate poorly whilst on tren I really can’t say. But I think I agree with your sentiments.

Zxrs5681

Reaction score
Since I’ve never slacked off/ate poorly whilst on tren I really can’t say. But I think I agree with your sentiments.

I'm almost 3 weeks in no slacking off until Saturday which is when I knew without a doubt something was off since then I have been pretty demotivated.

Deadhead

Elite
Reaction score
In my experience... which Is very limited. I have seen a few people say they have similar issues.... but soon found out if you eat enough and your gear is good you WILL GAIN muscle. 5000k is plenty enough to gain. Your coach seems to be leaning on some heavy aas and less on the more i.portant side (diet) imo. The aas is a compliment to your diet without proper food intake you wont grow.

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
In my experience... which Is very limited. I have seen a few people say they have similar issues.... but soon found out if you eat enough and your gear is good you WILL GAIN muscle. 5000k is plenty enough to gain. Your coach seems to be leaning on some heavy aas and less on the more i.portant side (diet) imo. The aas is a compliment to your diet without proper food intake you wont grow.

TRUTH. i know a few coaches that have their guys literally on so much its insane. saw their diet...

Zxrs5681

Reaction score
TRUTH. i know a few coaches that have their guys literally on so much its insane. saw their diet...

He had me start slowly just test and deca then, drol, then tren. I did put on weight and strength went up but nothing spectacular maybe a couple more reps on my bench adding the tren seemed to make absolutely no difference. The more and more I look into my source for my current cycle the more good things i see from people who are currently on cycle with it.

New Threads