Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,612 Times in 2,859 Posts

Craigslist Pu$$ies Not the Good Kind

From time to time I check CL for weights and what not. Ive found some good deals. Until recently, this is the only section Ive had any interest in. In my quest to furnish my office for new staff that we are about to hire I scrolled through the office furniture section. I was annoyed with the threats, what if, please donts and other stipulations of these gais trying to peddle their wares and goods.

Now I understand the whole do not contact me with unsolicited_____ and all that but this other stuff I viewed made me shake my head.

$hit like:
    DO NOT ask me if this item is still for sale if its listed its for sale
    DO NOT try and get me to take less...usually some candy a$$ story behind their reasoning for not budging on price
    DO NOT low ball me
    I KNOW WHAT I HAVE and WILL NOT ENTERTAIN ANY OTHER OFFERS
    I WILL NOT TOLERATE ANY RHETORIC or any other BS

Since when did a friendly sale become such a traumatic experience? Almost like they view a counter offer as an INSULT? WTF. In my brief venture into sales seeing this made me wonder who the fuk are these weak fuks. Not once did I encounter any of this when I stuck to the sections of CL that sold weights and eqpt.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BigGameHunter For This Useful Post:

John Ziegler (06-24-2019),NbleSavage (06-26-2019),stonetag (06-25-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,431 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Well bgh, have you ever sold anything on Craigslist? I can assure you it is the biggest ****in nightmare. I sold a motorcycle last week. Let me share some of the most ridiculous offers and calls I received. My ads are very clear. The price and what I’m willing to trade for is clearly stated.

“Will you trade for my jack daniels liquor collection?”

“Will you take payments?” (Keep in mind it’s a 4g bike)

“Will you trade for some random piece of shit vehicle”

“Will you take 1500?”

“I will go buy you what you’re looking to trade for since I’ll make out better that way”.

Pick up phone “what’s the lowest you’ll take?” Not even a hello. “I’m asking 4000”. “So what’s the lowest you’ll take?” “Pretty sure I just said 4 ****in thousand”. “It has high miles” (20k on a 16 year old bike). “Then don’t ****in buy it asshole”.

It sold in one day for asking price ....
    Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead.
    Do not walk in front of me, for I may not follow.
    Do not walk beside me either.
    Pretty much just leave me alone.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Straight30weight For This Useful Post:

bigdog (06-24-2019),BigGameHunter (06-24-2019),Chillinlow (06-24-2019),DF (06-25-2019),Gibsonator (06-24-2019),Long (06-24-2019),NbleSavage (06-26-2019),stonetag (06-25-2019)

Thanks
    Thats fukin nuts.

Yeah Ive sold a bunch of stuff on there. Ive not had that experience. Wait now that I think about it ...The better half sold her BMW on there and Im certain there was a Bonnie and Clyde that wanted to steal it. But I put the ca-bosh on that real quick in the Starbucks parking lot.

Elite
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,494 Times in 770 Posts
    you get folks from all walks of life selling stuff on there. I see several selling shit they bought from someone else but went up on the price. I guess its their re-sale business maybe? who knows... but I do know some people get carried away with their selling methods.....
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence!

POPTARTS ARE MUSCLE FOOD!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bigdog For This Useful Post:

BigGameHunter (06-24-2019)

Thanks
    I've gotten so many messages and phone calls where the first question is "what is your bottom dollar" before they have even seen the item.
    I don't mind trades and even a little negotiating but that shit is just rude.
    I usually tell them about double the asking price of whatever it is.
    The more skilled my hands get, the faster my feet get.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Long For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Long View Post
    I've gotten so many messages and phone calls where the first question is "what is your bottom dollar" before they have even seen the item.
    I don't mind trades and even a little negotiating but that shit is just rude.
    I usually tell them about double the asking price of whatever it is.
    That would be kind of fun to poke them back. I guess Ive been lucky.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BigGameHunter For This Useful Post:

Long (06-25-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,599 Times in 4,154 Posts
    Hey SW30, that crazy offer/counter offer is exactly how my wife does that CL shit. I hate buying and selling on CL because of people like my wife.

BGH, remember when someone just said $.$$ firm? You knew not to ask but people don't give a Fuuk and still ask. I agree, by putting all that shit up even before any correspondence, it is kinda insulting to me.
    Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to snake For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    DO NOT bother contacting me about my 1990 Ford Probe if you do not plan on using AT LEAST one oxford comma.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TODAY For This Useful Post:

BigGameHunter (06-24-2019),Tiny (06-24-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,500 Times in 2,011 Posts
    fun fact: waaaaay back when i was in between jobs i used to prowl the cl freebies all day, be the first to call/email and i would pick up some pretty nice stuff, then turn around and sell it right on cl. i think the best thing i turned around was a $500 treadmill. that and would do the small construction jobs from the gigs section

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gibsonator For This Useful Post:

BigGameHunter (06-24-2019),Cslogger515 (06-24-2019),John Ziegler (06-24-2019),Long (06-25-2019),NbleSavage (06-26-2019)

Thanks
    I believe it depends on the item that determines the level of pain in the ass! Autos....forget it! They're all looking to flip it, so they're trying to beat you over the head. It is funny though how many single moms and vets/fire/police bros are looking for a discount! Yes, I take their word for it!...and discount the item. The way I grew up...who would lie about that??? The single mom thing may be BS, I mean I'm selling a $250 aquarium setup for $75 bucks and they ask if I'll take $50...and yes I do! It's like anything, if you're buying and smart you haggle when you get there. I don't buy anything, but if I'm selling and someone wants to meet...they know I've taken time out of my day and try to take advantage. I'm ok with the system, try having a garage sale in S. FL and see how you react???? Never again!!!!!
    Chances are if you busting a nut, you're having a good time!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ccpro For This Useful Post:

BigGameHunter (06-24-2019),stonetag (06-25-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,496 Times in 2,171 Posts
    offer up & facebook marketplace are a little less flakey than craigslist but craigslist is still #1 in my book when it comes to good deals.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to John Ziegler For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibsonator View Post
    fun fact: waaaaay back when i was in between jobs i used to prowl the cl freebies all day, be the first to call/email and i would pick up some pretty nice stuff, then turn around and sell it right on cl. i think the best thing i turned around was a $500 treadmill. that and would do the small construction jobs from the gigs section
    The only free thing I ever got from craigslist was directions to a truck stop glory hole

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TODAY For This Useful Post:

BigGameHunter (06-24-2019),Gibsonator (06-24-2019)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast