Esters: same hormone, different effects?

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
I'd like to see the study they reference for that list.. I can only see an abstract that doesn't say much. Interesting that they're saying phenylprop has a higher ester weight than enanthate..

Yeah, the more you look at that site, the more questions you have. Otoh maybe a site that provokes questions is not a useless tool, and it's up to our onboard computers to use the questions and the half life numbers and the % of aas numbers, together with the experiences we or others have had, to decide what we wanna do.

For instance ..... fair amt. of discussion on various boards about the relative merits of Deca vs NPP and how different they seem to some users. The half lives of the 2 compounds are pretty different, 7.5 days vs. 1.5 days, but the % of nandrolone in them is quite close, 64% vs. 67%.

What does that suggest to us? I have no fugging idea, the experiments Tiny and I have been conducting have not moved beyond Ethanol administration yet.

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
Great topic... I think its all individualized as diet and training. What works for 1 doesn't work for everyone obviously. That being said, when I started this it was to lose weight only. I was on no AAS just meds from obesity like BP, CHOLESTEROL, AND PRE-DIABETES stuff. I had to make myself an experiment and try many things, many failures before I hit the sweet spot and it started working.

Fast forward a few years when TRT started, I had to find out what worked. With test ace and enth I stay about the same results only difference is pin timing. Deca and NPP are the same for me in terms of results on a normal cycle, just more pins with NPP and it kicks in faster. I do retain a bit of water on deca but diet determines how bad.

Tren is a different story. I prefer enth because I can run it at a lower dose less frequently and I found anxiety was less. I had a few issues with night sweats and tren cough a few times on tren ace, never on enth. Just anxiety. I have bad ADD and take Adderall for it so that helps tremendously with the anxiety!

I tried EQ on a cycle... seemed to affect my BP badly so I divorced that LOL.. I do love mast enth in my cycles and I am currently about to start a new one with a superfreak in the beginning and var at the end..

sorry for the novel of a post! I like to experiment and find what gets me to the goal with less AAS overall. We shall see what the next experiment brings..

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
So, I have been talking to Jin a little bit about this offline, but I have been trying to figure out why I'm having less issues with e2 sides pinning TNE everyday as opposed to equally high doses of a long ester... The only thing/theory that makes sense to me is that because the TNE hits quick and leaves quick, there isn't enough time for high test levels to be antagonistic enough long enough for me to have e2 issues. What do you guys think? I'm taking 300 mg of test cyp per week as well. 50-75 mg of TNE daily. I am also taking mast though... So that could be helping...

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
So, I have been talking to Jin a little bit about this offline, but I have been trying to figure out why I'm having less issues with e2 sides pinning TNE everyday as opposed to equally high doses of a long ester... The only thing/theory that makes sense to me is that because the TNE hits quick and leaves quick, there isn't enough time for high test levels to be antagonistic enough long enough for me to have e2 issues. What do you guys think? I'm taking 300 mg of test cyp per week as well. 50-75 mg of TNE daily. I am also taking mast though... So that could be helping...

It would be interesting to hear you’re experience without the Mast. See how much it’s the water and how much it’s the anti-estrogen effects of the mast.

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
He was taking TNE along with some other form of test I presume? If so it makes sense that is estradiol could be elevated as he had more test in him.

TNE as a preworkout, 1 gram of test per week, 500 mg of tren A per week. Here's the kicker, no AI... I can't do 160 mg of test per week without an AI, so I can't imagine a gram per week along with TNE every workout night.

andy

Elite
Reaction score
Overall I think the hormone is the hormone so the ester doesn't really matter. However, I think I our bodies do react to rapid changes in hormone levels, so short esters might feel like they have more side effects than longer esters, but in my experience, any ester, with proper pinning intervals, feels the same once I reach steady state.

this one!!

New Threads