Becoming Less Awful

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I was once an almost-decent powerlifter who achieved the following at around 195 lbs:

490 squat
310 bench
606 deadlift

But then I had a kid, tore my left hamstring to shreds and started working 60 hour weeks. The result? 230 pounds of watery, directionless ennui.

Now, though, things have stabilized in all meaningful areas and I have elected to try my hand at not being a slovenly piece of garbage anymore.

THE GOAL:

I'd like to think that I'm still capable of putting up a 1400lb-ish total at my desired bodyweight of 190. That being said, the goal has less to do with getting back on the platform and more to do with getting off of my ass.

THE PLAN:

Gonna start with linear periodization with a focus on increasing weekly tonnage. This will almost certainly shift to undulating periodization in the future.

Gonna stick to my cruise dose of 200mg Test E/wk alongside 350mg/wk of boldenone cypionate and 50mg/day of proviron. Might add in DHB somewhere down the line.

Gonna eat at maintenance+ 200 for at least 6 weeks and then reassess.

VARIABLES/WEIRDNESSES:

My left elbow is made out of glass. I've been focusing on weighted dips as my primary upper body push movement recently, and while the numbers have been going up I am fairly certain the my flat bench is gonna be absolute dogshit for the foreseeable future.

Also, my hamstring injury never quite healed properly. As such, I've still got a fair amount of hip shift at the bottom of my squat. The plan here is to continue focusing on mobility and form work instead of pursuing outright numbers until I've mitigated the hip shift.

Lastly, my digestive system can no longer tolerate dairy or red meat. As a result, you can look forward to some wild culinary mishaps as I try to shove huge amounts of fish and bird protein into my face on a daily basis.

Last edited:

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
Sounds like a well thought out plan. With all those elbows and hamstrings and GI Tracts it might be your best bodypart is your BALLS.

Proceed with caution, and .... Respect.

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Not shocking that Raw appreciates a nice set of BALLS.....

Sounds like a well thought out plan. With all those elbows and hamstrings and GI Tracts it might be your best bodypart is your BALLS.

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

They're basically vestigial at this point but everybody likes a craisin every now and then

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
Ignore him TODAY. Met FD once elsewhere, and he's been like Herpes ever since, just keeps coming back.

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ignore him TODAY. Met FD once elsewhere, and he's been like Herpes ever since, just keeps coming back.
FD's been flirting with me since 2013. He's a persistent one.

Last edited:

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
Best of luck eating all that fish and bird. I can never tolerate it too long.

Any idea what the issue is with the elbow?

Also, interesting choice of compounds. Care to elaborate why you chose them?

The Tater

Elite
Reaction score
Good luck to you. I'll be following along!

Tiny

Elite
Reaction score
I learned a new word - ennui

Doing weighted dips with elbow issues seems off. Weighted dips give me elbow issues

So the way I interpret your outlined goal, it isn't meshing with the plan in place. To emphasize, this is my interpretation only. The advice I'd give for whatever it's worth is this. You're older, kid/kids, work load, etc.
Normal.
Put previous #'s in a little box, and light them on fire. You're setting yourself up for another injury chasing them. Focus on shifting back to the "actively training" lifestyle and don't emphasize yesterday...Today...and welcome back

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
UPDATE:

Yesterday was an off day.

I made a burrito.

It had beans and jerk chicken and broccoli.

It was delicious.

TODAY, I made my titties bigger. BEHOLD:

Competition-style bench:

Worked up to 215x5x4

Close grip, touch and go bench:

185x6x5

Facepulls:

Somethingx12x4
Tricep Pushdowns:

A numberx12x4

Everything felt good today. Not an elbow issue in sight, though my upper back tightness was certainly not up to par on the last two sets of comp.-style bench. Definitely something that I need to address.

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Best of luck eating all that fish and bird. I can never tolerate it too long.

Any idea what the issue is with the elbow?

Also, interesting choice of compounds. Care to elaborate why you chose them?

I was once VERY gung-ho about running huge amounts of tren and test. Ultimately, though, I found those super aggressive blasts to be a bad value judgement for me.

As far as the compounds themselves go, I tend to respond quite well to relatively low doses of test and run boldenone on top because it just makes me feel good. 19-nor drugs simply do not agree with me, nor do huge dosages of highly androgenic compounds. That being said, proviron has a profound effect on my mood and motivation, so I choose to run it conservatively despite the acne risk, etc.

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I learned a new word - ennui

Doing weighted dips with elbow issues seems off. Weighted dips give me elbow issues

So the way I interpret your outlined goal, it isn't meshing with the plan in place. To emphasize, this is my interpretation only. The advice I'd give for whatever it's worth is this. You're older, kid/kids, work load, etc.
Normal.
Put previous #'s in a little box, and light them on fire. You're setting yourself up for another injury chasing them. Focus on shifting back to the "actively training" lifestyle and don't emphasize yesterday...Today...and welcome back
I think you're mostly correct here.

To clarify: my most immediate goal has very little to do with chasing numbers. Although I'd like to think that I COULD compete again some day, my primary motivation right now is just to enjoy lifting again. As such, this log is likely to shift significantly as I feel out where my body and mind truly stand in relation to my goals.

In any case, I genuinely appreciate the input.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
you have any plans for gear or is this a natty deal..?

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
BEHOLD:

Conventional deadlift:
Worked up to 405x5,5,4

Snatch Grip DL:
245x 8,8,10

Weighted Chin-up:
+45x6,6,6

Farmer's Walks:
Many.

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Also, I cooked this on sunday:

Red snapper fillets with herbs 'n' shit
Roasted radishes, squash, and leeks
Rice pilaf with tomatoes, onion and shiitake mushrooms.

This may or may not have been delicious. Boldenone makes me so hungry that a boiled chicken tit served on a rice cake would make my mouth water

New Threads