roadblock advice

Reaction score
Hello all. New here and looking for advice.

I have been weight training for about 4 years now and feel like I have hit a roadblock. Based on what I read I won't be able to get much bigger than I am now with my current 'plan' (diet, supplements, trt, etc). I have been on TRT for 3 years. Ranges around 800-900 levels of T. Daily I eat about 200g protein and balanced macros. I'm 38yoa, 6ft, 180 lbs and about 10% body fat. I look like I workout, but only with my shirt off.

I could get leaner and sculpt more but I would like to gain more mass and definition, but based on my body type, ectomorph, I think I have hit my "natural" limit. What's next? Where do I go from here? Realizing this truth has been a big hit to my motivation.

I'm not down to take anything crazy that could cause health issues down the road. I know I guy that was smaller than I was growing up and is now huge. Massive muscular growth and definition in 3 years. He looks healthy. No acne, normal moods, still alive, that sort of thing. How do people like this get to this point? Is there a mild catalyst?

Your advice and honesty is appreciated.

Last edited:

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
You eat more.

180lbs is not much for a 6' tall guy. Gain some quality mass by eating and lifting your balls off then cut some fat. Wash. Rinse. Repeat ad-nauseam.

Trying to lean out and gain mass at the same time are at two polar ends of the caloric spectrum. Like trying to reverse your car and drive forward at the same time.

How many calories are you getting in per day?

Last edited:

Deadhead

Elite
Reaction score
Food is the catalyst... lift hard and heavy and eat like it's your job.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
moved to correct forum

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

I have been weight training for about 4 years now and feel like I have hit a roadblock. Based on what I read I won't be able to get much bigger than I am now with my current 'plan' (diet, supplements, trt, etc). I have been on TRT for 3 years. Ranges around 800-900 levels of T. Daily I eat about 200g protein and balanced macros. I'm 38yoa, 6ft, 180 lbs and about 10% body fat. I look like I workout, but only with my shirt off.

I could get leaner and sculpt more but I would like to gain more mass and definition, but based on my body type, ectomorph, I think I have hit my "natural" limit. What's next? Where do I go from here? Realizing this truth has been a big hit to my motivation.

I'm not down to take anything crazy that could cause health issues down the road. I know I guy that was smaller than I was growing up and is now huge. Massive muscular growth and definition in 3 years. He looks healthy. No acne, normal moods, still alive, that sort of thing. How do people like this get to this point? Is there a mild catalyst?

Your advice and honesty is appreciated.
Gonna need some more info here, bud.

What does your training look like?

How are you tracking calories/ macros?

Do you have any extant health conditions?

Beedeezy

Elite
Reaction score

Good news, this is a very easy egg to crack!
Eat until you're full then have dessert!
Keep doing this until you reach a weight/size you are content with for the time being, THEN get with one of the ridiculously talented people here to talk about you diet and how to retain as much muscle while cutting some body fat.
Rinse and repeat for the rest of your life because people like "us" are never happy and always want to be better.

GotClen

Elite
Reaction score
Too funny I'm 5'6" and 190#.
Under 10%bf you really need to learn about
nutrition. Once you do get your weight up to 200#
train heavy 5 days a week. Learn to eat to hold 200#
for say 6 months. then lower calories 300 to 500 a day
keep training heavy for 3 months and see
what you look like.
Slow race my friend

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
When you stop changing it's because your body has adapted to the stimulus (food, weight) you are giving it. Increase the stimulus. Lift heavier or more volume. Eat more food.

Even if you ran a huge blast of drugs over your trt, if you don't eat enough, you can't gain muscle

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
See the common thread? Eat moooore, lift heavy.

bud at work has lean beach body look, looks great; but he wants to gain 20-25lbs. But just wont buy into eat like an asshole and do heavier weight vs this cross fit, reps for jesus he’s been doing for years

Solomc

Elite
Reaction score
You eat more.

180lbs is not much for a 6' tall guy. Gain some quality mass by eating and lifting your balls off then cut some fat. Wash. Rinse. Repeat ad-nauseam.

Trying to lean out and gain mass at the same time are at two polar ends of the caloric spectrum. Like trying to reverse your car and drive forward at the same time.

How many calories are you getting in per day?

spot on.... its one or the other.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Take some dbol or anadrol

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Another waste of time 1st and only poster. Come back and prove me wrong.

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I'm trying to eat more. I know my calories are way under what I should be hitting. I;ve just been trying to hit the 200g of protein each day. Clean foods.

Hurakan

Reaction score
Here is an example of a day of the diet I'm doing now. Adjust the portions to your appetite and add as your gains come and appetite grows. Eat, eat, lift heavy and eat some more and the gains will come. And just as important get your sleep in.

6:50 a.m. Morning workout! Cardio + CORE for 30min Bcaa, Glutamine* + handful of almonds

7:30 a.m. 6 eggs + 100gr Oats + blueberries & strawberries + avocado

9:30 a.m. 200gr Beef, 200gr Sweet potatoes, handful of spinach & greens

11:50 a.m. Bcaa, glutamine

12 p.m. 200gr Chicken + 200gr potatoes, greens + some fruits

2 p.m. Blender = 75gr oats or sweet potatoes, 1 banana, 75gr kelloggs rice krispies, frozen berries, handful almonds, peanut butter and glutamine

2:30 p.m. Training heavy, Bcaa, glutamine, Vitargo*

5:30 p.m. 60gr protein + 1 banana

8:30 p.m. 200gr salmon + 200gr sweet potatoes

10:30 p.m. 30gr casein protein or 6 eggs + avacado + 15gr almonds + 25gr peanut butter

Drink a lot of water throughout the day + Juices to get more calories!!

Middle of the night 30gr casein protein or raw eggs

Last edited:

New Threads