Are these good macros for cutting?

bengom

Reaction score
Hi all,

Currently weighing 89.4kg at 20.8% body fat. I am starting a course soon, but want to get my body fat down to about 12-13% before I start so I have a good base to start as I know I'll put on fat to having a slow metabolism.

I have been on this cut for 11 days now and the only cheat I have had was a Jaffa cake bar on Sunday and it tasted like heaven. :32 (19): My start weight was 92.7, but didn't measure my body fat percentage. I am eating 2100 calories per day. 180g is protein, 120g is carbs, and 85g is fat. I have my first meal at 10:30am (900 cals), 2nd one at 1:00pm (1000 cals) and at 3:00pm I have my last 200 cals. Then my fasting window is for the next 19 hours. In this time I will drink green tea, water and the ocassional super low calorie ribena.

I sometimes work out after work, sometimes before. When fasting and cutting I feel as though working out before work is more effective.

How long could it take for me to get down to 12-13% body fat with this nutrition, I work a very active job. Moving and on my feed 95% of the time.

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Safe and sustainable weight loss is a slow process. Ideally, you'd be losing .5 to MAYBE 1kg per week.

Your macros look fine, but it's important to make sure that you're tracking them correctly. Are you using an online fitness tracker? How about a food scale?

Finally, It would be helpful to hear more about your training routine.

bengom

Reaction score
Hi, I appreciate your response. I am tracking them correctly as I pack my entire lunches for 3 days ahead, and as I was packing it I was jotting down the cals, protein, carbs & fat. And them macros above I try and change the food I'm eating every week but keeping the macros ±4-5g the same. My food includes 1 whey protein shake, salmon, prawns, oats, chicken brocilli, almonds, cashews, nuts, dried beans & peas, a coffee protein shake, a grapefruit, 30g cheese, 150ml skimmed milk & 200ml whole milk.

My routine is:
Monday - rest day
Tuesday - Back & bicep
Wednesday - Chest & tricep
Thursday - Core, traps, rear shoulders, forearm
Friday - rest day
Saturday - Cardio
Sunday - Shoulders

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Is there a reason why you're neglecting the entirety of your lower body?

andy

Elite
Reaction score
don't know how it goes together with fasting(i never done it more than a week or two) ,but i'd say, cut your carbs .. 50grams, after a while, when u stop dropping weight drop another 50gr and so on...

bengom

Reaction score
Hi, yes actually.

Proportionately, my legs are a lot bigger & stronger than the rest of my body due to the fact that I only used to train legs (recovering from broken legs), that and genetics. So I am going to cut, then build my upper body to suit.

I will try reducing my carb intake weekly, thanks!

New Threads