Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,080 Times in 1,186 Posts

I shouldn’t use gear

.... because I don’t know how to train.

Simple analogy:
    Perfected my nutrition = high octane fuel
    Test & NPP = supercharger installed
    Insulin = pit crew can refuel in 2 seconds flat.
    High IGF1 = racing slicks installed

Why the hell don’t we ever talk about the fact we need to push the gas pedal further then half way? Halfway is comfortable - I don’t enjoy flooring it.

That supercharger does like pretty though.

Best raw lifts on the platform
    Squat-60 Bench-Bar&one clip Deadlift-NA

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Viduus For This Useful Post:

Jin (07-05-2019),John Ziegler (07-05-2019),The Tater (07-05-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,554 Times in 1,263 Posts
    Are you taking all that??

Quote Originally Posted by Viduus View Post
    .... because I don’t know how to train.

Simple analogy:
    Perfected my nutrition = high octane fuel
    Test & NPP = supercharger installed
    Insulin = pit crew can refuel in 2 seconds flat.
    High IGF1 = racing slicks installed

Why the hell don’t we ever talk about the fact we need to push the gas pedal further then half way? Halfway is comfortable - I don’t enjoy flooring it.

That supercharger does like pretty though.
    Never wipe your arse with an angry hedgehog

Thanks
    Thanked 3,597 Times in 2,227 Posts
    test & npp is great but throw 40 plus mgs of anavar on that flame & youll really get a pop

5. The Following User Says Thank You to John Ziegler For This Useful Post:

Rhino99 (07-06-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,080 Times in 1,186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trump View Post
    Are you taking all that??
    NPP & pep insulin at the moment. (Occasionally I remember my TRT when I’m not being a moron)

I’m to lazy at the moment to write the full post on it but I’ve been coming to terms with my training limitations. I went into more detail I'm some PMs with DK and a brief discussion with Seek.

Long story short(er), I’ve always known I’m to lazy when it comes to the last 2-4 painful reps. I work harder then 98% of the people in the gym but I cheat myself when it comes to the last few painful reps of a dropset.

I lied.. here’s a quick brain dump...

Muscle cells can enlarge but they can’t split into new ones. Only the response to muscle damage causes satellite cells to split and one of them differentiates into a muscle cell and adheres to the muscle fiber. Aka increasing the number of cells and not just the size of the existing cells.

Its the physical trauma that causes the adaption. Low reps high weight causes quick trauma, lower weight and higher volume causes equal trauma over the length of the workout. Both work. Cutting those last painful reps out is cheating myself from the real trauma that’s going to cause the largest response.

Muscle failure from a lack of glycogen (I.e dieting) causes failure without trauma. (Insulin can be used to avoid this)

Muscle failure from byproducts not being cleared out fast enough causes failure without muscle trauma. (Muscle endurance training/metabolic stress training causes your body to adapt and clear byproducts faster)

Anabolics prevent some of the muscle necrosis that happens after the trauma and the allow for easier stimulation of the satellite cells and a large replication/repair response.

Calories and protein give the repair process the energy and material it needs so it isn’t limited.

All of that is for nothing if we don’t bother to cause the trauma that triggers the whole process or we wuss out and only cause a little bit of trauma with average training.

The people I respect on here seem to quietly push into that pain as a subconscious thing. The don’t talk about it because it’s just the way the know how to approach it.

I need to learn to embrace that more then my natural mentality allows and I think it’s the most under-discussed part of developing a physique.

/brain dump
    Best raw lifts on the platform
    Squat-60 Bench-Bar&one clip Deadlift-NA

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Viduus For This Useful Post:

CJ275 (07-05-2019),dk8594 (07-05-2019),Jin (07-05-2019),Seeker (07-05-2019),The Tater (07-05-2019),Tiny (07-05-2019),ToolSteel (07-06-2019),Trump (07-05-2019)

Thanks
    STRONG post

My first thought is my chest routine. I work out solo and for fear of getting stuck I never attempt the last 2 reps. I've never had issues building it. Whatever that antecdote is worth.
    Maybe those last failure reps are over rated and in 9/10 cases would lead to overtraining.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

Viduus (07-05-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,714 Times in 843 Posts
    I do so many warm up sets to get the process started and go to complete failure. sometimes I do partial reps to get to failure. On db curls ill assist the weight up with my other hand and then do and focus on negative reps after failure. I go by feel on the particular day and so far so good.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence!

POPTARTS ARE MUSCLE FOOD!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,194 Times in 994 Posts
    Glad you’re posting this vids. I think it’s a great topic and I admire how much honest self reflection you’ve done on it.
    Fight against something and you focus on the thing you hate. Fight for something and you focus on the thing you love. - Simon Sinek

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dk8594 For This Useful Post:

Viduus (07-05-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,798 Times in 3,587 Posts
    You have the tools needed to get yourself to a level you're looking to achieve. I'm not just talking tangible tools. You have the proper mindset and understanding of what separates those who don't ( even those who think they do, but really don't ) and those who do. Like a lot of other things in life, it requires practice, time, and the strong mindset to push yourself. I here a lot mentioned about mind muscle connection. Arnold used that term to define how when training, he would visualize his muscles contracting and growing while doing a set. Basically, it's a form of pure concentration into your training is how I see it. Every set counts, every rep matters. You will learn to mentally overcome that challenge you're facing. Because you've recognized it!
    "The weight teaches you"

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Seeker For This Useful Post:

BRICKS (07-05-2019),BrotherJ (07-05-2019),CJ275 (07-05-2019),dk8594 (07-05-2019),Jin (07-05-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,914 Times in 1,948 Posts
    I think part of the reason it doesn't get talked about is because at a certain level of training it just sucks and if you're honest about it it looks absolutely insane from an objective outside perspective. I function like a rabid 30 year old on crack in the gym and the rest of the day I feel like shit and move like a 90 year old. I've also also surpassed my goals in every single cycle I've ran.

I hear " I wouldn't mess with that dude, he's huge". Well, that's not what ya need to worry about. What should be of concern is the pain tolerance he possesses to get that big.

The most powerful component to getting big is your brain. Discipline is far more than not skipping the gym or adhering to your nutrition plan. It's digging deep down, grabbing your raisins and stepping over pushing into that zone.

(Yes, raisins.....)

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BRICKS For This Useful Post:

BrotherJ (07-05-2019),CJ275 (07-05-2019),dk8594 (07-05-2019),Gibsonator (07-05-2019),Jin (07-05-2019),The Tater (07-05-2019),ToolSteel (07-06-2019)

Thanks
    WTF!

The important thing is if you're doing 10 reps, the 11th and 12 are the magic

Quit bein a puss and do 'em.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Viduus View Post
    NPP & pep insulin at the moment. (Occasionally I remember my TRT when I’m not being a moron)

I’m to lazy at the moment to write the full post on it but I’ve been coming to terms with my training limitations. I went into more detail I'm some PMs with DK and a brief discussion with Seek.

Long story short(er), I’ve always known I’m to lazy when it comes to the last 2-4 painful reps. I work harder then 98% of the people in the gym but I cheat myself when it comes to the last few painful reps of a dropset.

I lied.. here’s a quick brain dump...

Muscle cells can enlarge but they can’t split into new ones. Only the response to muscle damage causes satellite cells to split and one of them differentiates into a muscle cell and adheres to the muscle fiber. Aka increasing the number of cells and not just the size of the existing cells.

Its the physical trauma that causes the adaption. Low reps high weight causes quick trauma, lower weight and higher volume causes equal trauma over the length of the workout. Both work. Cutting those last painful reps out is cheating myself from the real trauma that’s going to cause the largest response.

Muscle failure from a lack of glycogen (I.e dieting) causes failure without trauma. (Insulin can be used to avoid this)

Muscle failure from byproducts not being cleared out fast enough causes failure without muscle trauma. (Muscle endurance training/metabolic stress training causes your body to adapt and clear byproducts faster)

Anabolics prevent some of the muscle necrosis that happens after the trauma and the allow for easier stimulation of the satellite cells and a large replication/repair response.

Calories and protein give the repair process the energy and material it needs so it isn’t limited.

All of that is for nothing if we don’t bother to cause the trauma that triggers the whole process or we wuss out and only cause a little bit of trauma with average training.

The people I respect on here seem to quietly push into that pain as a subconscious thing. The don’t talk about it because it’s just the way the know how to approach it.

I need to learn to embrace that more then my natural mentality allows and I think it’s the most under-discussed part of developing a physique.

/brain dump
    Suffering is great in many areas of life.

We should always welcome suffering.

And ugh..I don't feel like correcting your science right now.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    STRONG post

My first thought is my chest routine. I work out solo and for fear of getting stuck I never attempt the last 2 reps. I've never had issues building it. Whatever that antecdote is worth.
    Maybe those last failure reps are over rated and in 9/10 cases would lead to overtraining.
    I just go to dumbells for the heavy work when alone
    Tame your inner bitch!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Deadhead For This Useful Post:

Tiny (07-17-2019)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast