What would be the max amount of muscle a person could add in 7 days

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Been seeing videos flash up on YouTube 20lb of muscle in 30 days by Tony Huge. I know this is ridiculous and not possible but what would be the max amount of muscle a person could add in 7 days. There must be a limit no mater what drugs you take

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
seen that, now he's doin some bs 8 day show prep series.

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
the internet.... making people famous for goofy bullshit like that video LOL

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Answer my question or but out :32 (20):

nobody can answer your question man. it would be highly subjective but i doubt over 2-3 lbs of lean muscle mass given the right amount of food/drug in a perfect scenario.

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
I once put on 12lbs in a week eating and training like a mofo! then I took a good shit and was beaten into reality that I only put on a few lbs.... the rest was me being full of shit just like Tony Huge:32 (18):

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
There must be a limit though that’s humanly possible. Or even a max amount someone has seen

nobody can answer your question man. it would be highly subjective but i doubt over 2-3 lbs of lean muscle mass given the right amount of food/drug in a perfect scenario.

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
a buddy I lift with in new Orleans had the best I ever saw. Midway in a cycle he was killing it and added 5lbs of lean mass. he is a genetic monster though.

The Tater

Elite
Reaction score
Here was a study on muscle building using 4 different groups and I think 20lbs of muscle in 8 days is unlikely but hell, who knows. There is always a an exception to every rule.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM199607043350101

• Group 1 did NOT do any form of exercise, and did NOT receive any form of steroids or drugs. (Natural guys doing no weight training.)
  • Group 2 did NOT do any form of exercise, but they received weekly injections of 600 mg of testosterone enanthate. (Drug users doing no weight training.)
  • Group 3 DID exercise, but they did NOT receive any form of steroids or drugs. (Natural guys doing weight training.)
  • Group 4 DID exercise, and they also received weekly injections of 600 mg of testosterone enanthate. (Drug users doing weight training.)

• Group 1 (no exercise, natural) experienced no significant changes. No surprise there.
  • Group 2 (no exercise, drug use) was able to build about 7 pounds of muscle. That’s not a typo. The group receiving testosterone injections and NOT working out at all gained 7 pounds of muscle.
  • Group 3 (exercise, natural) was able to build about 4 pounds of muscle.
  • Group 4 (exercise, drug use) was able to build about 13 pounds of muscle.

This was taken from an article referencing steroids vs natty

Well, I gotta go take a Tony Hyyyuge shit now.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
There must be a limit though that’s humanly possible. Or even a max amount someone has seen

To lazy to find the source I got this from but I was looking into it last week after my DECA scan.

Theoretical limit is around 20-22 pounds of lean tissue. The particular researchers had only seen a max gain of 18 pounds over a year.

I believe that’s unassisted. Obviously years training etc. effects this. The other number I saw was a total mass gain of 40-50 pounds of lean tissue over the course of a career. Only a few outliers gained more then that.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
I get that I just meaning the muscle tissue gain, only curious what’s possible

There’s a difference between building actual muscle tissue and your muscles filling up with glycogen.... you can’t really go by what the scale says..

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
To lazy to find the source I got this from but I was looking into it last week after my DECA scan.

Theoretical limit is around 20-22 pounds of lean tissue. The particular researchers had only seen a max gain of 18 pounds over a year.

I believe that’s unassisted. Obviously years training etc. effects this. The other number I saw was a total mass gain of 40-50 pounds of lean tissue over the course of a career. Only a few outliers gained more then that.

When I was sophomore in high school at 5'10" I weighed 115 lbs. Complete with ab tendons.

At 18 when I graduated HS I was at 155 lbs.

At then of my recomp May 31st this year I was at 255 lbs and just into single digit BF. Sitting at 275 lbs right now.

I have been cycling pretty much since my join at here which is 3 years ago. So that's 33 years au natural plus the 3. That is a lot more than 40-50 lbs of lean mass during the course of that "career".

Don't think in terms of limits. You will never get to the limit if you continue to make adjustments in what you are doing.

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It's unknown.

It will never be known due to billions of humans having specific differences.

Anyone giving you a number is guessing.

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
When I was sophomore in high school at 5'10" I weighed 115 lbs. Complete with ab tendons.

At then of my recomp May 31st this year I was at 255 lbs and just into single digit BF. Sitting at 275 lbs right now.

I have been cycling pretty much since my join at here which is 3 years ago. So that's 33 years au natural plus the 3. That is a lot more than 40-50 lbs of lean mass during the course of that "career".

Don't think in terms of limits. You will never get to the limit if you continue to make adjustments in what you are doing.

Do you have a pic of you with "single digit" bodyfat?

Just curious.

Did you use a DEXA scan?

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

OH!

Sumo wrestlers were PROVEN to have the most LBM, even against BBers.

To get an approximation:

Look at the biggest pro BBers and Sumo wrestlers.

Limit is that. Until we successfully have myostatin knockout drugs.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score

Great point and obviously goes alone with with our other discussions.

To clarify they said that was most serious bodybuilders and didn’t include when people were still growing. So I’d imagine if you looked at your early twenties vs now it would be closer to the 40-50 pounds. Though I have no doubts you’d be at or above that upper limit.

If I remember correctly they used Ronnie, Arnold and jay as examples.

For me, I took it less as a limit and more as a reminder of how hard people fight for each pound as they go on. There’s no, I took this pill and put 30 pounds of muscle without working for 99.9% of people.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Do you have a pic of you with "single digit" bodyfat?

Just curious.

Did you use a DEXA scan?

I do, and I have previously posted them. You have had opportunity to see them as everybody else on this board has. Plenty of guys on this board have seen them and put forth comment. I don't recall you having submitted any comments positive or negative about them at the time.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Depends on a lot of factors. A mr o competitor? None. No pounds of muscle in 7 days. Maybe ounces. Someone starting out? Maybe 1? 2?

New Threads