Powerlifting Blast

Reaction score
I’m working on planning my next meet prep, about 28 wks out currently. This will be my second ‘enhanced’ meet. I’m cruising on 250mg/wk Test E and have been for about a year.

My first blast: ended in 04/19
500mg Test E - 10 wks
250mg EQ - 12 wks
50mg daily anavar - 6 wks

My goal was to gain weight for this meet and this went well, however toward the end of my prep I started to lose my appetite. I’m currently ~210lbs and will compete at 198 so I want to keep my body weight pretty close to 210.

For this meet, I’m definitely dropping anavar and EQ. I want to know thoughts on a test/tren blast, recommended doses/esters, personal experiences, or different compounds that have worked well for gaining strength without adding a ton of weight.

Any education or recommendations are appreciated

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
I was doing test/tren and drol the last 5 weeks of mine. Felt great. Stong as ever. But appetite was hit or miss. Maintained my weight throughout

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Any education or recommendations are appreciated

Depending on how advanced you are, your BF and your age, maybe now's the time to bite the bullet and move up to the 220's. I had to make that move once and yeah, I know the numbers are bigger but in time you will doing them.

As for the gear, get rid of the EQ. EQ is useless to me and even more so at that dose. Do some research on Tren because I feel it can benefit both PLers and BBers alike just like the Var. Tren and Var will give you solid gains without added junk weight so you're thoughts are on the money.

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm on a Test+Tren blast and continually rising in my lifts' 1RMs.

I'm also continually gaining LBM while shedding BF at the same time.

I recommend you add either superdrol or anadrol (whichever gives you, personally, more strength) and keep Test:Tren at a 1.5:1 or 2:1 ratio.

I would also add another injectable to guarantee I win. If you do, the 3rd injectable should be the AAS that gives you the most strength.

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Depending on how advanced you are, your BF and your age, maybe now's the time to bite the bullet and move up to the 220's. I had to make that move once and yeah, I know the numbers are bigger but in time you will doing them.

As for the gear, get rid of the EQ. EQ is useless to me and even more so at that dose. Do some research on Tren because I feel it can benefit both PLers and BBers alike just like the Var. Tren and Var will give you solid gains without added junk weight so you're thoughts are on the money.

EQ, at his dose, is useless for EVERYONE.

EQ should never be dosed lower than1g-many people will agree with me (google it).

Snake, you're correct on Tren. Tren is synergistic with Test and others.

Tren decreases protein degradation AND protein synthesis. Test increases protein synthesis AND protein degradation. Thus, they are synergistic with each other.

Tren increases LBM because it decreases protein degradation so greatly that you end up with a net increase in protein synthesis. With that, Tren reverses all losses from Test's increase of protein degradation.

Question for all: why does this forum push Var so hard, being that it's virtually useless for reaching "freak" status in size, BF, and strength?

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with Hulk. There are better options as far as orals go for strength... Drol, Halo, Dbol. If you can handle the sides.

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
Tren is for people that aren’t strong enough to hurt themselves.

Test is best. Drol or halo for a pop at the end of possible.

The drugs won’t build your total.

Reaction score
Depending on how advanced you are, your BF and your age, maybe now's the time to bite the bullet and move up to the 220's.

This is only my second blast so I want to keep it pretty mild. I’m 208-210 now and ~12-15%bf (complete guess based on “this is what x% bf looks like” pictures). I could easily lose a couple pounds of fat to compensate for any weight gained and a 10lb water cut is nothing. This will also be my last meet at 198. Seems like a silly goal because top 1000 means nothing, but it’s attainable for me rn so my goal for this meet is to hit top 1000 all time by total ~1560

Reaction score
EQ, at his dose, is useless for EVERYONE.

EQ should never be dosed lower than1g-many people will agree with me (google it).

Question for all: why does this forum push Var so hard, being that it's virtually useless for reaching "freak" status in size, BF, and strength?

My goal was to add some size with EQ, I researched beginner doses and was recommended to start at that dose. Between that and test I gained about 25 lbs in~6 months.

As for anavar, it was my first blast and I used that to lessen the sides that might come with dbol or drol. The goal wasn’t to be a freak, it was just to peak a little more without worrying about sides. I’m not so nervous about that now which is why I said I’ll definitely not be using var this time around. Would be anadrol if any oral and halo on meet day

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Tren is for people that aren’t strong enough to hurt themselves.

Test is best. Drol or halo for a pop at the end of possible.

The drugs won’t build your total.

^^^ the kind of shit you really only learn after doing for years. Hell I probably kept getting hurt BECAUSE of Tren. Nevermind the marital distress lol.

And I agree. Just run a good test dose, 750mg minimum. Watch your weight (don't eat like a fat ass). If the meet is in summer I suggest not using halo as it will dry you the hell out and cause cramps.

Drol is a better option Imo.

So just run the test thru the meet, add drol at 100mg 5 weeks out.

If your joints are beat up, 200 deca for therapy.

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
^^^ the kind of shit you really only learn after doing for years. Hell I probably kept getting hurt BECAUSE of Tren. Nevermind the marital distress lol.

And I agree. Just run a good test dose, 750mg minimum. Watch your weight (don't eat like a fat ass). If the meet is in summer I suggest not using halo as it will dry you the hell out and cause cramps.

Drol is a better option Imo.

So just run the test thru the meet, add drol at 100mg 5 weeks out.

If your joints are beat up, 200 deca for therapy.

Tool and PoB are better to listen to-they dedicated themselves to PLing.

If they say Tren isn't too useful, I'd listen to that.

Reactions: Jin

New Threads