full meal plan with grocery list

ACP

Reaction score
anyone know where there is a good meal plan that includes a shopping list for cutting fat? I know the basics of what I need to eat but its hard to plan out so I can meal prep really well.

I was considering the freshly meals since its all already done for you but $10/ plate for basically glorified microwave meals seems kinda dumb idk.

I dont have any allergies or diet restrictions and am a pretty decent cook. Hard part is finding food that reheats well and is easy to prep, also having variety.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Just get an electronic scale, measure and do your own math. You said you know the basics so a little work and you're done. I'm a picky eater so the same shit for most of the day is a onetime calculation. I just need to watch my dinners and any snacking I do.

Another way to keep an eye on your numbers is to check the portion size on anything prepackaged. If a bag of pretzels says 140 cals/serving and there's 6 servings, use 6 little baggies and portion then out. Big mistake to put a bag in front of you and thing you'll only eat 1/6 of the bag.

I avoid fats to cut so chicken breast it is. Look into Walden Farms dressing. You can do a chicken salad that would choke a horse for about 400 cals. Just go easy on the bacon bits and croutons.

ACP

Reaction score
Just get an electronic scale, measure and do your own math. You said you know the basics so a little work and you're done. I'm a picky eater so the same shit for most of the day is a onetime calculation. I just need to watch my dinners and any snacking I do.

Another way to keep an eye on your numbers is to check the portion size on anything prepackaged. If a bag of pretzels says 140 cals/serving and there's 6 servings, use 6 little baggies and portion then out. Big mistake to put a bag in front of you and thing you'll only eat 1/6 of the bag.

I avoid fats to cut so chicken breast it is. Look into Walden Farms dressing. You can do a chicken salad that would choke a horse for about 400 cals. Just go easy on the bacon bits and croutons.

thanks I think ill get a scale just to be able to calculate better. Im pretty good about not snacking the oats for breakfast and MCT oil in my coffee is helping..

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
thanks I think ill get a scale just to be able to calculate better. Im pretty good about not snacking the oats for breakfast and MCT oil in my coffee is helping..

If you're trying to lose bodyfat, stop putting mct oils in your coffee. All you're doing is adding extra calories. There's no magic in them.

ACP

Reaction score
If you're trying to lose bodyfat, stop putting mct oils in your coffee. All you're doing is adding extra calories. There's no magic in them.

oh true I guess I was under the impression it suppresses appetite over the course of the day, it seemed like I wouldn't get hungry at all until dinner but maybe placebo?

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
oh true I guess I was under the impression it suppresses appetite over the course of the day, it seemed like I wouldn't get hungry at all until dinner but maybe placebo?

More like good marketing.

You want to feel full, eat a fist full of salad greens with every meal, or as a quick snack when you get a craving. No salad dressing. You'll get used to it, and eventually enjoy the taste.

Reactions: ACP
Reaction score
You've just got to be disciplined, make your meals at least 3 days in advance.If you Fail to prepare, You prepare to Fail. That's etched in my brain. Get yourself one of those air vac machines, and 1 Weekend day, spend the day shopping, then cooking, and I mean cooking for a month if you invest in that Food Vac. Prepare 3 days if meals in the fridge, the rest in the freezer, and pull them out as you need them. I had though about using Hello Fresh or some sort of source, but to me All of the effort that you put into planning and shopping and cooking your Own food will make you that much more disciplined.

Reactions: DNW

ACP

Reaction score
I got one round of freshly just for the hell of it.. wanted to try it.

Just ordered a cheap scale and containers so I can prep. I use my vac sealer for sous vide so maybe ill forget the containers and just prep in the vac bags.

DNW

Elite
Reaction score
I got one round of freshly just for the hell of it.. wanted to try it.

Just ordered a cheap scale and containers so I can prep. I use my vac sealer for sous vide so maybe ill forget the containers and just prep in the vac bags.

Sous vide is amazing for meal prep...its what I do. 4 ziploc bags with 2 chicken beast (halved) per bag. I put either sofrito or recaito in the bags for the chicken to cook in.

Reactions: ACP

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Just ordered a cheap scale and containers so I can prep.

I had a cheap food scale once, but when I got a decent digital scale as a gift, I was amazed at how far off the cheap scale was.

It was still better than nothing though, because it helped with consistency.

ACP

Reaction score
did a bunch of meal prep today. thanks snake for the waldens dressing idea.. pretty good for no calories, I ordered a bunch of small packets on amazon.

Made up flank steak, broc, sweet potatoes, smoked 3lbs of PNW steelhead and divided it with green beans + rice, then did a few more containers of some paleo chicken sausage I found at costco

really wasnt too hard, made 14 meals and froze most of them.

New Threads