Gear (car) nuts, GTFIH

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Forgot I created this thread. Picked up a 78 280z last year as well. Fiero unfortunately is still being worked on as not much at all got done when my father was here, but it's coming together slowly but surely.

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

counts custom 72 love these

Yea I'm looking into a xenon 3125 air dam and maybe some imsa fender flares, depending if they have the wheels I want in the proper width. As far as engine, I'm gonna keep it stock but swap an 82 zx top end and bore out the cylinders a tad. Hoping to put out about 230 hp. Not a ton but this car will be more for handling/fun than pure speed.

Tiny

Elite
Reaction score
One of my guys is rebuilding a Z. LS motor from an escalade in it. Will get some photos of it, about 90% done. Things are a ton of fun. I actually have a carbon fender flare seller bookmarked that's made for a Z but am molding to the bmw. Aftermarket for that platform is amazing.

Bought an F10 M5 to daily while I fix whatever I broke racing on the e92. Have a new garage with porcelain tile / garage lift being installed. Will get some photos up soon as I can show it off.

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
Yea I'm looking into a xenon 3125 air dam and maybe some imsa fender flares, depending if they have the wheels I want in the proper width. As far as engine, I'm gonna keep it stock but swap an 82 zx top end and bore out the cylinders a tad. Hoping to put out about 230 hp. Not a ton but this car will be more for handling/fun than pure speed.

One of my guys is rebuilding a Z. LS motor from an escalade in it. Will get some photos of it, about 90% done. Things are a ton of fun. I actually have a carbon fender flare seller bookmarked that's made for a Z but am molding to the bmw. Aftermarket for that platform is amazing.

Bought an F10 M5 to daily while I fix whatever I broke racing on the e92. Have a new garage with porcelain tile / garage lift being installed. Will get some photos up soon as I can show it off.

Love these cars they just look so beautiful when done right. LS from an escalade?

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Yea bro compared to the Fiero market, the aftermarket supplies for the Z are plentiful, and not too expensive. Mines gonna have to be a total rebuild, so its gonna be a long process.

Tiny

Elite
Reaction score
Love these cars they just look so beautiful when done right. LS from an escalade?

Yes sir.
View attachment 10445

Yea bro compared to the Fiero market, the aftermarket supplies for the Z are plentiful, and not too expensive. Mines gonna have to be a total rebuild, so its gonna be a long process.

Build is half the fun. Then racing it, breaking it and rebuilding it stronger.
Should get a build thread going once you get started. Works as a build journal for your own records as well.

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Alright so I got another project car. This makes it 3 cars lol. Grabbed a 73 Plymouth satellite Roadrunner edition on friday. Best part about it is it runs, so it won't just be sitting in the garage/driveway. Worst part about it is, I made a deal with my wife that if I give her another kid, I can get another car. Well I obviously got the car and hiding it until I knock her up. These nuts better start making some babies!

Reaction score
Just finished my new truck, 2019 silverado. 6" lift on 22's with 35's. Nothing crazy, tint, starting the stereo upgrade now.

Next is a drag car build. Likely an s10 to go run the 5.50 class with. Have it done by spring, im ready to go racing again.

Tiny

Elite
Reaction score
Alright so I got another project car. This makes it 3 cars lol. Grabbed a 73 Plymouth satellite Roadrunner edition on friday. Best part about it is it runs, so it won't just be sitting in the garage/driveway. Worst part about it is, I made a deal with my wife that if I give her another kid, I can get another car. Well I obviously got the car and hiding it until I knock her up. These nuts better start making some babies!

Worth it

View attachment 10620

I got the Bendpack midrise scissor lift in route. Having it flush mounted to garage floor. Air compressor in route too, garage build slowly coming together.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've built a couple of things this so far this year. I'll list out what I've done to my truck, may even get some pics up.

F250
Kind of duplicated what I had on my 2017, but even more to my liking.
2.5" Readylift level kit
20" Fuel Blitz +20 offset
37" Mastercraft MXT's
Husky floor liners
Spray in bedliner
20% tint all the way around with 5% brow
Craftsman tool box
Tufskinz chrome Super Duty letter inserts
ECOTRIC bug shield
Husky rear wheel liners

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Tiny, I'm looking at getting the max jax tilt lift. I plan on doing a lot of body work, so I dont want anything permanently secured to the floor and getting in the way while painting.

Cslogger515

Reaction score
Just finished my new truck, 2019 silverado. 6" lift on 22's with 35's. Nothing crazy, tint, starting the stereo upgrade now.

Next is a drag car build. Likely an s10 to go run the 5.50 class with. Have it done by spring, im ready to go racing again.

If you race around the Midwest I'm sure we will run into each other. I'm rebuilding my 79 trans am drag car rate now for same class. Turbo 6.0 ls is going to be my set up.

Tiny

Elite
Reaction score
Tiny, I'm looking at getting the max jax tilt lift. I plan on doing a lot of body work, so I dont want anything permanently secured to the floor and getting in the way while painting.

Woah, never seen that. Looks sweet.

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Woah, never seen that. Looks sweet.

Yea man, it looks pretty crazy. I've seen good reviews on it and it's a quarter of the price of a lift. Although a lift is 100% the way to go imo if you can.

FlyingPapaya

Shit Pickle
Reaction score
My goal for a car build when money and storage allows.
Crown vic lx sport or p71 with manual swap, light suspension work with svt cobra wheels " I love the cobra vic " and a stock late model lightning motor, bit better torque and hp numbers.
Crown vic about 500 pounds lighter. Full size 4 door body on frame. With this combo I could have a fairly reliable daily that does 12's on pump. Fun fun. Then get another 600cc for the real speed thrills.

Last edited:

wilkinkc

Reaction score
You had me at nuts....

Currently have 3 projects in the works.

81 coupe Deville. Lowrider project, 2 pumps, 6 batteries. Reinforcements, 13” 100 spokes, Vintage (90s) stereo setup. Cool little cruiser.

01 Sonoma. Kinda reliving my youth on this one. Bagged, 20s, shaved. Daily dragger.

72 Chevelle. 496, th400. 10 second bracket car.

chevelle has always been my dream car. Jealous lol

Tiny

Elite
Reaction score
Got the concrete opened up for the lift. Had to grab an engine crane to manually lift the things open so I can connect the lines. Harbor freight black Friday $119 special sitting in garage. That should be fun as long as I don't cut any fingers off...again. Serious pain in the ass and a ton of work

View attachment 10998

Adrenolin

Bad Daddy
Reaction score
2013 Ralliart
Stock block, full bolt ons, upgraded turbo, walbro 450 with 1700cc injectors running 32psi on e85. 2.0L 4cyl 590awhp/400ft-lbs. It's Flex tuned so I usually run e30 for commuting and bump it to e80+ for the track

Just blew up the dual clutch transmission on it.. so it's gonna be parked a while as the IRS also just hit me up for $7k.. ****!
IMG_20200816_114054_523.jpg

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
2013 Ralliart
Stock block, full bolt ons, upgraded turbo, walbro 450 with 1700cc injectors running 32psi on e85. 2.0L 4cyl 590awhp/400ft-lbs. It's Flex tuned so I usually run e30 for commuting and bump it to e80+ for the track

Just blew up the dual clutch transmission on it.. so it's gonna be parked a while as the IRS also just hit me up for $7k.. ****!
View attachment 10999

Is that an old Bronco?

New Threads