Total newbie

Reaction score
I am just getting back to the gym after a series of injuries. Looking for some advice on gear.not looking for a source just advice

Deadhead

Elite
Reaction score
You will find theres is a lot of experience to learn from here... stick around and learn. What's your stats? How long you been working out? Hows your diet... post up and let the guys here help ya out

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
First post gear talk. :32 (7): Walk before you run, post some stats, and maybe some goals. Trust me, this is the best way to go about this.

Last edited:

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
Two in a row. JC, work out and eat right.

There are plenty of ways to do research. Whats your diet look like and your workouts? Stats?

Snake, whats the "Thrust me" comment for? lol Do I even wanna know? haha

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Two in a row. JC, work out and eat right.

There are plenty of ways to do research. Whats your diet look like and your workouts? Stats?

Snake, whats the "Thrust me" comment for? lol Do I even wanna know? haha

Fixed that for ya Mo.... That was kinda funny though wasn't it? Stubborn vain old man who won't put his readers on.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
First post gear talk. :32 (7): Walk before you run, post some stats, and maybe some goals. Trust me, this is the best way to go about this.

correct brother...

We are not a source board

Reaction score
I didnt start working out until my early 30s. I went pretty hard for a out six years. I started only benching 200, squat 265,deadlift 285. Got it up to 265 bench 405 deadlift and 315 on squat. First strained my hip flexor. Then rotator cuff. So I am just getting back. I'm 6 foot only 180.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
search on google, their use to be a few websites....

IDK if they are still operational....

Deadhead

Elite
Reaction score
I didnt start working out until my early 30s. I went pretty hard for a out six years. I started only benching 200, squat 265,deadlift 285. Got it up to 265 bench 405 deadlift and 315 on squat. First strained my hip flexor. Then rotator cuff. So I am just getting back. I'm 6 foot only 180.

Those are pretty low numbers to be wanting to start gear...in my opinion... you have a long way to go naturally before ever needing to touch the juice

Grizzly911

Elite
Reaction score
Those are pretty low numbers to be wanting to start gear...in my opinion... you have a long way to go naturally before ever needing to touch the juice

Like Deadhead says, take the long hard road. You can achieve a lot more lifting and physique goals that way. You can evaluate your progress and achieve many milestones, learn what works and what doesn't for your body. Lots of trial and error but so worth it. Welcome to the UG.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score

DH is not trying to be nasty but speaks the truth. My son was pushing that total as a 6' 180 lb short distance runner. I tell you this not to belittle your numbers but get you to understand you can do a lot more if that hip and shoulder issue is behind you.

fyi: Early 30's is prime time for a PLer and you would be surprised what a natural PLer is doing at that age.

Reaction score
Didn't say you were I clearly said I dont need that just looking for advice on what works and does not.

Reaction score
My diet is pretty clean very little sugar. Mostly lean meats.i have been out of the gym for 2 years do to a couple injury and a new kid. I am 6'1 180 so my stats very never that great definitely not a powerlifter. Last time my bench was 275, squat 315, dead lift 405. But it's been a while strained hip flexor and rotary cuff injuries.

Reaction score
Well snake I didnt ask you for sh×t. Just advice. So if dont like my post don't respond. But it seems your a judgmental type of dude.

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
Well snake I didnt ask you for sh×t. Just advice. So if dont like my post don't respond. But it seems your a judgmental type of dude.

You're completely wrong there. Snake is one of the highest regarded members here, and always has sound advice.

Enjoy your short stay

New Threads