Shawn Rhoden Accused of Sexual Assault

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
The word raped is is thrown around more than the word fuk these days.

Let the man have a trial before casting stones.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Not the first time I've heard of a mentor/coach taking advantage of another bodybuilder from the sexual misconduct standpoint. There's no excuse for what happened either way it went down. What u don't understand is the naivety people have when it comes to leaving themselves vulnerable. Again this works both ways.

Why would any adult male be dumb enough to have a female that wasn't his girlfiend/wife in a hotel room alone (of course that's an easy answer). He just left himself open to an accusation.

The same can be aid of her. Why would an adult female put herself in a situation alone with a much more powerful male?

Same reason why I personally do not do anything, text, eat lunch, etc....with any female who is not my wife, or a family member. I just leave myself open to accusation from my wife.

Same reason I will never be with a female patient in the work setting with a closed door.

A lesson for all is protext yourself, don't leave yourself vulnerable.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Wonder one it took so long for charges to get filed....This happened last year.....I will be rooting for Jada this year at the Olympia

I was thinking the same think FD. There's gotta be more to the story

bvs

Elite
Reaction score
Just the sort of publicity that bodybuilding doesn't need

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
As someone mentioned, it’s strange that everyone has forgotten about mike Tyson’s rape conviction. Usually you’re condemned for life. But he really has made a huge turn around.

I think it has more to do with the woman involved the story. Tyson’s accuser has a reputation and it’s not a particularly good one.

El Gringo

Reaction score
I wonder if this woman is a friend of Phil Heath? [edit - I see Phil Heath claims that he's not retired a day before this]

when a woman visits a man in a hotel room [or vice versa] what are they expecting to go there for?

I doubt she was going there expecting to just practice some posing routine. but who knows, maybe she thought he was gay.

Last edited:

The Tater

Elite
Reaction score
Not the first time I've heard of a mentor/coach taking advantage of another bodybuilder from the sexual misconduct standpoint. There's no excuse for what happened either way it went down. What u don't understand is the naivety people have when it comes to leaving themselves vulnerable. Again this works both ways.

Why would any adult male be dumb enough to have a female that wasn't his girlfiend/wife in a hotel room alone (of course that's an easy answer). He just left himself open to an accusation.

The same can be aid of her. Why would an adult female put herself in a situation alone with a much more powerful male?

Same reason why I personally do not do anything, text, eat lunch, etc....with any female who is not my wife, or a family member. I just leave myself open to accusation from my wife.

Same reason I will never be with a female patient in the work setting with a closed door.

A lesson for all is protext yourself, don't leave yourself vulnerable.

Totally agree with this post. I manage a large diverse group of people and I’m always very careful about not putting myself in a situation where I am alone with any of the ladies that work for me. The last thing I want to deal with is some sexual harassment bullshit. I had a colleague lose his job last year because he didn’t protect himself. #protectyaneck #wutang

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Olympia has already banned him for life...

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Olympia has already banned him for life...

I don't see where he's been banned for life, just from 2019. Bad move by American Media if they ban for life this quickly before additional info is released. I can kind of understand the 2019 ban, but that also seems a little premature. He would have withdrawn anyway I'm sure.

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
AMI released a statement saying they are revoking his eligabitlity to enter the 2019 olympia and future olympias.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The IFBB has released a statement saying they are not taking any action against Shawn Rhoden at this time and are monitoring the situation.

I just read the statement from AMI and it honestly disappoints me. I'm not victim shaming by any means and if he is guilty of rape then he absolutely deserves to be banned from future competitions... But come on, the news came out and the released a statement the next day. Recent polls have shown that people are becoming increasingly frustrated with companies jumping the gun when it comes to accusations and this is a bad look for AMI.

Whether he did it or not, AMI jumped the gun IMO.

Good luck salvaging the Olympia. Better hope you can bag Kai...

Which BTW, Jay Cutler just stated he predicts a 100% chance Kai wins if he enters, lol. We'll see!

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I want to be alone in a hotel room with lots of bitches.

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Fked up shit how they just ban him without even him being in trial yet. For 2019 fine but for life....

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I am pretty shocked at the $750,000 bond. That seems incredibly high for a sexual assault.

Its very high even with the other felonies. Those charges in Other states are 150K range combined.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
the accuser's initials are L.K.H. and she is a competitive bodybuilder, not sure which class. anyone have an idea who she may be by her initials?

New Threads