Unemployment and Depression

Reaction score
I worked at a company for seven years, and had provided value and gained respect from co-workers and customers. The company was small, grew slowly, and I mentioned to one of the owners that I felt that the company wasn't providing the professional and personal growth and satisfaction as it had before.
The following Monday, I was told that I was not performing to expectations (despite a stellar review not two months prior), and was forced on a "mandatory vacation." The following Monday, I received a call saying that it was decided to be in the mutual best interests of myself and the company if I were terminated. The "leadership" told the remaining employees that I quit and had told them that I had found something better.
I felt betrayed, inadequate, and was consumed by fear of how to pay my mortgage and feed my kids while seeking a new position.
Last week, I started working for an established corporation, and it feels so ×&$& good to be working again. I'm planning a new routine and getting back on track, but the last couple of months were rough; mentally and emotionally.

If any of you guys or gals are in a similar position, keep your heads up. Drop me a line if you need to talk to someone. Better things can come from bad times.

I've taken it as a learning experience.

Best luck to all.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Sincerely glad to hear things have turned the corner for you and you're back in the saddle. Let those last few months go, turn up the heat and let it RIP.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good man, Knightmare. Ye stood fast and came out in a better place. Preesh that.

widehips71

Elite
Reaction score
Yeah fukk those guys. Every time I go on mandatory vacation I pin tren and vid myself pissing in the bosses daughters mouth. Remember.... She can't say no if she's trying not to drown which makes it consensual.

Reaction score
Yeah fukk those guys. Every time I go on mandatory vacation I pin tren and vid myself pissing in the bosses daughters mouth. Remember.... She can't say no if she's trying not to drown which makes it consensual.

Brilliant! Why didn't I come to you sooner?

Reaction score
Thanks for the support from everyone. I haven't been on this board on a while, but I'm not on other boards at all. There's a really great collection of people here.

Thanks again.

Reaction score
That was.....damn dude

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What are the laws regarding employment in your state? Considering you got a stellar review, then they gave you mandatory vaca and then pretty much fired you and told everyone else the exact opposite, seems like you may have the ability to take them to court.

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
What are the laws regarding employment in your state? Considering you got a stellar review, then they gave you mandatory vaca and then pretty much fired you and told everyone else the exact opposite, seems like you may have the ability to take them to court.

Exactly what I was going to say.

Glad you landed on your feet man, fuk those low class a-holes.

Reaction score
I couldn't relate to this more. I was out of work for about a year due to illness and had that same fear,anxiety, and empty feeling. Everyday feels like it just won't end. It's ****ed up.

I started work again recently and almost instantly felt like a new man. So for what it's worth I can definitely second what you're saying, it gets better for sure.

In the future be careful with small companies, just because a company calls itself a "family owned" or a "concous employer" it's usually just code word for "we can't compete with the bigger companies so we have to make up for it with customer service"

Best of luck to everyone in the same position.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Good for you! It doesn't always end on a good note but happy it did for you.

Reaction score

They are an "at will" employer, and make state recognizes that.

Reaction score
I couldn't relate to this more. I was out of work for about a year due to illness and had that same fear,anxiety, and empty feeling. Everyday feels like it just won't end. It's ****ed up.

I started work again recently and almost instantly felt like a new man. So for what it's worth I can definitely second what you're saying, it gets better for sure.

In the future be careful with small companies, just because a company calls itself a "family owned" or a "concous employer" it's usually just code word for "we can't compete with the bigger companies so we have to make up for it with customer service"

Best of luck to everyone in the same position.

Thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
I got finished training today and felt like I could rip the soul out of someone's chest.

:)

It's good to be back.

Reactions: Jin

KINGIV

Elite
Reaction score
Been there and done that. I still remember driving down the road with my pedal down to the floor only going 35mph because of the transmission with bad tags and inspection. I drove an hour drive there and back just praying I don’t get pulled over by the cops because I couldn’t afford the ticket just to make it to the pawnshop with anything I had a value to keep the heat on during winter time for my wife and kids.

By spring time the taxes came and I got another car, then I got a new job making three times the money I was making at the other place.��

It’s kind of funny, as soon as you start thinking there’s no hope and all of a sudden things turn around for the better.

New Threads