Just got my TEST test results back

ACP

Reaction score
Got blood draw last friday and results came back today.. total test is 435 and Free test is 8.5

Dr said he considers that low enough to start treatment but they require 1 more blood test to rule out any other health probs that could be affecting it.

seems like an okay clinic, its about $150/month out of pocket for treatment and they give you the option of doing it at home... but they did say my insurance will likely cover medication just not office visits.

going in for 2nd blood draw this Thurs

do you guys consider 435 pretty low for a healthy 35yr old whos doing a good amount of lifting and eats healthy?

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
435 is normal and will be seen as such by pretty much all blood test reference ranges. Regardless, he should be looking at SHBG, E2, FSH & LH before prescribing a damn thing if he was an actual competent professional.

What was the reason for getting tested? As in, is it because your symptoms suggested you may have low T or is it because you just wanted to score some easy Test?

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
exactly what Zilla said. 435 is pretty normal by most results. I had to be 200 and below on 3 different testings (3mo apart) before my Dr would do anything at all.

Reaction score
I’d like to know more. At 38 my total test was 405. However, my free test was non existent and my shbg was super high.

I also had all the signs of low t, zero
drive, dead tired at noon, etc.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I’d like to know more. At 38 my total test was 405. However, my free test was non existent and my shbg was super high.

I also had all the signs of low t, zero
drive, dead tired at noon, etc.

Same situation here.

ACP

Reaction score
435 is normal and will be seen as such by pretty much all blood test reference ranges. Regardless, he should be looking at SHBG, E2, FSH & LH before prescribing a damn thing if he was an actual competent professional.

What was the reason for getting tested? As in, is it because your symptoms suggested you may have low T or is it because you just wanted to score some easy Test?

my SHBG was 35.5 he said he used that to calculate free test level

theres still another blood test before hell prescribe anything, but he considers 435 and 8.5 free test low enough for someone my age to prescribe test.. assuming other tests come back and are okay.

yes definitely symptoms.. tired, not the deepest voice(idk if that matters), trouble focusing. I used to alt/tab to a screen and remember my clients phone #, email, address... alt/tab back and enter it all at once. Now I have to triple check just the phone number sometimes. Before I started lifting a lot more I was really exhausted after work everyday and would pass out for a few hrs.

I feel like all the work in the gym has definitely boosted my T level, makes me wonder what I was at before.

ill also admit like many other people I want more gains so I wont pretend like that's not a motivator and probably the reason why I really got tested... not to mention it would be nice if it helped a bit with the moobs lol

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
just remember...TRT should be something to be looked at for a lifetime. so keep that in mind. sure you can go back if you are lucky but usually just stay on it. i didnt see your age, maybe i missed it but...

Reactions: ACP

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
exactly what Zilla said. 435 is pretty normal by most results. I had to be 200 and below on 3 different testings (3mo apart) before my Dr would do anything at all.

No shit, with levels of 230, 280, and 260, my GP said I was "close enough" to the lower end of normal to NOT need TRT. Instead, he suggested SSRIs because some young female drug rep with big boobs told him he should be prescribing more of the brand she represented. Freaking hack!

ACP

Reaction score
just remember...TRT should be something to be looked at for a lifetime. so keep that in mind. sure you can go back if you are lucky but usually just stay on it. i didnt see your age, maybe i missed it but...

I read that some do it for a certain number of weeks then are off it, does this mean when they come off their t levels tank? or they grow boobs?

Im 35yrs old

if it makes me feel great and helps me look great plus has big benefits in strength then I think its worth it for life.

just curious what is your experience with HRT? if you do take it and you could go back would you do it again? Ive heard most say it was the best decision they ever made

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
the joint i tested at says you gotta be under 335 good deal on the at home injections.

mistah187

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I came in at 248 and my doc said tuff shit.

Dbolitarian

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
No shit, with levels of 230, 280, and 260, my GP said I was "close enough" to the lower end of normal to NOT need TRT. Instead, he suggested SSRIs because some young female drug rep with big boobs told him he should be prescribing more of the brand she represented. Freaking hack!
Ssri?
What the **** lol

ACP

Reaction score
got 2nd blood test done just waiting on results. Next appointment is monday, assuming theres no risk factor found in the 2nd blood test theyll start me.

if they do offer me the cream or something other than inj.. is it worth it or worthless? he said they typically lean towards just inj unless someone is really against needles

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
got 2nd blood test done just waiting on results. Next appointment is monday, assuming theres no risk factor found in the 2nd blood test theyll start me.

if they do offer me the cream or something other than inj.. is it worth it or worthless? he said they typically lean towards just inj unless someone is really against needles
The cream smells like shit, feels greasy for hours after application, isn't nearly as effective as IM and can rub off on loved ones who may not want any extra T in their system.

Fight the cream.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The cream smells like shit, feels greasy for hours after application, isn't nearly as effective as IM and can rub off on loved ones who may not want any extra T in their system.

Fight the cream.[/QUOTE]

I agree with the bold.....but not with the smell and greasy feeling...guess I have a different Dr. that has "pretty TRT cream" BUT....I wouldn't recommend the gel or cream form to anyone....YES...women included...inject only:)

ACP

Reaction score
ya cream was out of the question as I have a 6 month old baby girl and Dr said it would be too risky to take a chance of any getting on her and I definitely dont want to take that risk either.

2nd test showed liver test, prostate, estrgogen, thyroid, diabetes etc etc all came back very good... but this time free test was 7.5 down from 8.5.

Dr. said he doesnt care that my total test is 435 the free test is what matters and he wants that up to at least 15.

I got the first shot today which was 200mg, then it will be weekly 100mg unless I prefer 50mg 2x/ week. This will continue for 8 weeks while they monitor me and adjust the dosage up as needed then at that point they will allow me to do it myself at home. The in office injections are $45 each but once I do it myself its about $110-120 for a 3 months supply.

I also got a script for anastrozole

It wont be covered under my insurance as they only gaf about total test and it has to be way under 300... they had a guy in this clinic with my same insurance get denied at 305.

honestly though this is much cheaper than I was expecting, another clinic was like $1800 up front for 6 months, $3600/yr

Last edited:
Reactions: CJ

New Threads