Getting to know DNW222 better

DNW

Elite
Reaction score
This is a really long read but is what's going on in my life right now.

A little bit of history with my mom first... She's borrowed money off and on for years and has burned me a few times (she had/has a gambling problem). We had a fallout and didnt talk for years.

Three years ago I started trying to be a better person, mentally and physically. Decided to give relationship another try. Wasnt long before she started asking for money again. Just told her I didnt have it. Eventually I gave in and would only give her $200 at a time.

So two months ago she calls me asking for $1400 or she's getting evicted. "Yea, dont have it I'm sorry." Get a call a couple days later asking if she can "sleep on living room floor" or they are going to a shelter. Talk to the wife and we agree...mostly bc I dont want to live with the guilt. Told her she had 4 months and she had to sign an agreement, which she said was ok.

She had to borrow roughly $400 from us so she could rent a car and gas. She and her 15 yr old adopted autistic son start driving from Florida to my house in TX. Instead of using money to get groceries, she would get them fast food or Starbucks. Her excuse was it's cheaper to get fast food then to spend it on more groceries. She even rented a car for a couple days so she could take him out bc "they were cooped up".

"Mom, you still havent paid us back and you're eating out, renting a car, going bowling, whatever...its disrespectful."

"We are used to a certain lifestyle and try and tell that to a 15 year old autistic kid."

Hahahaha

"Easy. We have to eat cheap and have no life bc we are living in my son's dining room in his 1500 sq ft house, with his wife and 2 kids."

So I finally give her the agreement today. It lists them as guests and says things like you leave what you came with, duration of stay, 30 day notice at 3 months...sh*t like that. She signs it, hands it back to me and says "dont worry, your stuff is safe now".

"Excuse me?"

"We won't steal your stuff and we'll be out of your hair soon."

"Would you like to leave earlier?"

More stuff was said back and forth. Needless to say it should be an interesting 2 months.

And this is one of the many reasons I LOVE the gym.

Last edited:

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Now you can afford to want to pay for that blood work;)

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I would never want to be a burden to any of children. It's a sad story and hope the best for everyone.

Reactions: DNW
Reaction score
You did your part man, she will most likely keep up that behavior as long as you let her. She's an adult and she knows what she's doing. Like jin said you're probably just enabling her at this point. There's no need for guilt You have a wife and kids to worry about and who knows where this could lead if you let it keep going further.

It's sad but sometimes people only learn the hard way.

Wish you luck, I hope it all works out for you and your family!

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
Similar story with my dad...good luck bro, I know where you're at.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Good luck man. Bad behavior only changes when it becomes more painful to continue it than to change it.

Check the laws in your state. In some states it is extremely difficult legally to get somebody out of your house once you let them in. I had a huge problem with this in CA years ago,it was a
nightmare

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Glad to hear it.

Cut the cord. She needs to hit the bottom to wake up.

From personal experience they sometimes just hit bottom. Either way, your obligation is to your wife now.

DNW

Elite
Reaction score
Check the laws in your state. In some states it is extremely difficult legally to get somebody out of your house once you let them in. I had a huge problem with this in CA years ago,it was a
nightmare

Yea, its definitely a concern for us, which is why we are giving 30 day notice. After a month of stay (paying or not) they have rights.

DNW

Elite
Reaction score
Had a fight with mom tonight. A lot of stuff was said like "you're not the son I raised" and "my son didnt come back from iraq." My ears are red f*cling hot. Gym

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Had a fight with mom tonight. A lot of stuff was said like "you're not the son I raised" and "my son didnt come back from iraq." My ears are red f*cling hot. Gym

Time for her to pack her bags and get out of your life.

Sorry she’s not only ungrateful but hateful as well.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
like a band aid man. Like Nike, just do it ;)
seriously tho get out of that situation asap.
she will either come to her senses one day (don't hold your breath), or she won't.
I hardly speak with my mother but she's still my mom, always will be, I'll always love her but she will never change, and that's fine, about 2 years ago I chose to not include her in my personal life of effect me in any negative way anymore. Is what it is! Life goes on, I take care of me and mine :)

DNW

Elite
Reaction score
Thanks brothers. I actually am ready to kick her out. I need to look over the agreement and also possible repercussion for not upholding move out date of sep 23. I'm going to write her a letter as well. I get too hot headed to think clearly in the moment and also dont want that shit anywhere near my kids. But some more things need to be said. I tried.

Beserker

Viking King
Reaction score
I had to cutoff my father a few years ago... there comes a point where you’ve done all you can, excused or forgiven what you could, and nothing short of exile will remedy the situation. Your kids deserve peace in the home... don’t let her bring you down.

DNW

Elite
Reaction score
I had to cutoff my father a few years ago... there comes a point where you’ve done all you can, excused or forgiven what you could, and nothing short of exile will remedy the situation. Your kids deserve peace in the home... don’t let her bring you down.

I saw it coming but hoped it would be different. The sad part is my kids will literally have zero family on my side. Neither do I for that matter. It's for the best though. Sigh

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
I saw it coming but hoped it would be different. The sad part is my kids will literally have zero family on my side. Neither do I for that matter. It's for the best though. Sigh

same here man, only grandparents. and my son and i are just fine

Beserker

Viking King
Reaction score
I hear ya, my kids just have me on my side.. momma grew up in group homes and joined the Corps at 18... no reliable family either. It’s tough, but we are unbreakable, as I’m sure you are as well. I have a 1,000,000 life insurance policy for worse case scenario...

New Threads