Them midnight munchies

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
lolz if I fix fish, that's being eaten that night. i never put leftover fish in the fridge. which reminds me...Im thinking about having some Cod tonight

Pro tip: never reheat cod in the microwave at work. Holy hell, you would've thought I sh*t on the break room floor the noise the nurses made. Must have struck a chord....

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Almonds or a cheese stick. Or both.

who can eat a few almonds!? that and wont fill up. the cheese stick - i dont eat cheese. if a place puts it on it, i will scrape as much of it off the salad or whatnot possible.

Pro tip: never reheat cod in the microwave at work. Holy hell, you would've thought I sh*t on the break room floor the noise the nurses made. Must have struck a chord....

hahhaa i thought that was a KNOW rule - not just Cod but for all fish in general!? I bought a pound a Kroger today ($7.99/lb) and a lb of raw white shrimp ($6.99/lb), got her a filet mignon and some sides. Grilling time.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
oh i hate you! i used not to have any issue but now its just horrible. ive never been a snacker either, dont get cravins. dont desire sweets (unless its the end of a DNP run and then who knows). but i try... literally binge eating fibrous veggies handful at a time. and make a bite of chicken if any left

hahahahaha....it's trippy how bodies change!!! But you're doing it better than others!!!! Kudos for that!!!!

Btw, I meant to say what you said about the TNE....I got nothing from it either!!! boooooooooooo...lol

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
hahahahaha....it's trippy how bodies change!!! But you're doing it better than others!!!! Kudos for that!!!!

Btw, I meant to say what you said about the TNE....I got nothing from it either!!! boooooooooooo...lol

Yeah I've never been one who really craves anything in general - wife asked me earlier "doesnt it get old eating the same thing?" "no, not really honestly. I like my turkey, chicken, sweet potato and veggies. i know what Im going to eat and dont have to think about it". Never been big on sweets, just not my thing. If i want something really really bad, Im good with a few bites of it. Pizza for example, im good with a bite of crust and edge bite and good to go. But on the end of DNP, all games off. at that point, i come off DNP.

Haha I have no idea whats up with that. Its like the no ester goes straight in and straight out and never gets used. Prop thru E/C is good to go but that TNE has no effect. I figured shooting 150mg at one time would at least do SOMETHING. props to being a weirdo with me and Jin

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah I've never been one who really craves anything in general - wife asked me earlier "doesnt it get old eating the same thing?" "no, not really honestly. I like my turkey, chicken, sweet potato and veggies. i know what Im going to eat and dont have to think about it". Never been big on sweets, just not my thing. If i want something really really bad, Im good with a few bites of it. Pizza for example, im good with a bite of crust and edge bite and good to go. But on the end of DNP, all games off. at that point, i come off DNP.

Haha I have no idea whats up with that. Its like the no ester goes straight in and straight out and never gets used. Prop thru E/C is good to go but that TNE has no effect. I figured shooting 150mg at one time would at least do SOMETHING. props to being a weirdo with me and Jin

So funny as I've never had anyone that I've known say that as I've been that way about food since I was a kid....it's just natural to some of us and not a "I'm holding myself back" thing...just everyday life shit:) I can't imagine the DNP thing but can live without that...hhahhahahaha

The TNE for me was right before a Spartan 12 mile race...years ago...NOTHING...I was bummed and I know it was legit...whatevs...yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...weirdo group...I can live with that!!!:32 (20):

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem. I have woken up at nights and had 2000 calories binges more often than I care to admit. The only thing I have found to help is to eat something that I know will give me a slight stomach ache before I go to bed. Anything with sugar alcohols works for me. Enough upset stomach that I don’t feel like eating, but not so upset that I can’t sleep.

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So funny as I've never had anyone that I've known say that as I've been that way about food since I was a kid....it's just natural to some of us and not a "I'm holding myself back" thing...just everyday life shit:) I can't imagine the DNP thing but can live without that...hhahhahahaha

The TNE for me was right before a Spartan 12 mile race...years ago...NOTHING...I was bummed and I know it was legit...whatevs...yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...weirdo group...I can live with that!!!:32 (20):

haha yeah you dont hear it too much but there are some people that just simply dont really crave much unhealthy food. i used to as a kid but that was about it. up thru high school i was just normal but didnt really crave things, id eat whatever but just b/c it was there but didnt seek it out. college - started to not really crave it. and after, yeah it doesnt cross my mind. on the DNP, its all different as your body just starts looking for something different towards the end.

yeah i can imagine that. you think that its going to be a great boost for something short upcoming and nada. same - no issues with things being legit. i know they're g2g but we just the odd ones.

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem. I have woken up at nights and had 2000 calories binges more often than I care to admit. The only thing I have found to help is to eat something that I know will give me a slight stomach ache before I go to bed. Anything with sugar alcohols works for me. Enough upset stomach that I don’t feel like eating, but not so upset that I can’t sleep.

lolz I know the feeling man. the only different here is that just about anything that does have sugar for is either natural sugars or sugar alcohols since im type 1 diabetic the SA doesnt really bother me at all since its kind of used to it. i have crystal light all day along with more water so its all used to it. but i know the feeling - eat something that might make you full when you lay down and regret it. for me, ends up being over eating on raw veggies as all that raw fiber makes ya blah after a few. that and the dang mouth is tired.

ended up getting some greek yogurt today. shall see how 1/2 cup goes tonight. right now im full AF with the cod, shrimp, orange and green peppers, asparagus, shrooms and onions.

DNW

Elite
Reaction score
lolz I know the feeling man. the only different here is that just about anything that does have sugar for is either natural sugars or sugar alcohols since im type 1 diabetic the SA doesnt really bother me at all since its kind of used to it. i have crystal light all day along with more water so its all used to it. but i know the feeling - eat something that might make you full when you lay down and regret it. for me, ends up being over eating on raw veggies as all that raw fiber makes ya blah after a few. that and the dang mouth is tired.

ended up getting some greek yogurt today. shall see how 1/2 cup goes tonight. right now im full AF with the cod, shrimp, orange and green peppers, asparagus, shrooms and onions.

+1 for crystal light! Or as I call it...purple.

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
+1 for crystal light! Or as I call it...purple.

lolz dude i drink so much of that. literally have 3 gallons of water in the fridge at all time that i rotate flavors between. i buy the WM brand tho - grape, orange sunrise, strawberry watermelon, strawberry orange banana, lemonade. buy a 6 pack (3 gallons worth) and then just rotate between the flavors throughout the day. sometimes end up drinking 2 gallons a day plus regular water throughout. obviously i piss a lot

Reactions: DNW

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
didnt end up munching last night nearly as much but also didnt eat the GY. was too dang full from dinner. funny the light Cod filled up so much. woke up 2 times to pee but wasnt really hungry so avoided going to the bathroom near the fridge.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
haha yeah you dont hear it too much but there are some people that just simply dont really crave much unhealthy food. i used to as a kid but that was about it. up thru high school i was just normal but didnt really crave things, id eat whatever but just b/c it was there but didnt seek it out. college - started to not really crave it. and after, yeah it doesnt cross my mind. on the DNP, its all different as your body just starts looking for something different towards the end.

yeah i can imagine that. you think that its going to be a great boost for something short upcoming and nada. same - no issues with things being legit. i know they're g2g but we just the odd ones.

Funny is I just wonder if for me... it's that I have been a major athletic person since I was a kid. # 1 - Work.....# 2 - Replace what was burned....that's it!

May I ask....why do you use DNP?

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Funny is I just wonder if for me... it's that I have been a major athletic person since I was a kid. # 1 - Work.....# 2 - Replace what was burned....that's it!

May I ask....why do you use DNP?

quite possible. ive always been the same, played baseball all my life but couldnt in college due to an injury which completely crippled that. from there, thats where i actually starting lifting. so thats where i started a more transition phase and really never craved much.

I actually enjoy the DNP runs, odd but I do enjoy it. For me tho, I struggle with getting some of it off due to my body structure and chemical makeup. I know that sounds like a cliche in what most of us here from a lot of people in the gym that dont actually do anything or just not know in general but for me, carbs stick and so do fats. Really no matter the cardio, diet, combo it comes to a limit ( i know that sounds like an excuse but have worked with several people and same results). but as far as the DNP, its one of the things I have found that actually works with my body - can take higher doses that normal but enjoy it until the end of it then i hate myself

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
quite possible. ive always been the same, played baseball all my life but couldnt in college due to an injury which completely crippled that. from there, thats where i actually starting lifting. so thats where i started a more transition phase and really never craved much.

I actually enjoy the DNP runs, odd but I do enjoy it. For me tho, I struggle with getting some of it off due to my body structure and chemical makeup. I know that sounds like a cliche in what most of us here from a lot of people in the gym that dont actually do anything or just not know in general but for me, carbs stick and so do fats. Really no matter the cardio, diet, combo it comes to a limit ( i know that sounds like an excuse but have worked with several people and same results). but as far as the DNP, its one of the things I have found that actually works with my body - can take higher doses that normal but enjoy it until the end of it then i hate myself

Sorry about the injury...so many get smacked by that!

Well, I can relate to the carb and the fat to an extent...gain wise that is. One, this is why I keep them both super low and aren't affected by that...and I am more of a protein fan anyway...so it all works out for what I like to be 365 days a year...lean and mean...lol So even lowering the carb and fat in your diet doesn't work? If so, that sucks ass!

Hey, if that's what works for you and you're totally ok with it...do what you gotta do!! I saw I think that you're only 29 (correct me if I'm wrong)...just stay healthy and live life!

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sorry about the injury...so many get smacked by that!

Well, I can relate to the carb and the fat to an extent...gain wise that is. One, this is why I keep them both super low and aren't affected by that...and I am more of a protein fan anyway...so it all works out for what I like to be 365 days a year...lean and mean...lol So even lowering the carb and fat in your diet doesn't work? If so, that sucks ass!

Hey, if that's what works for you and you're totally ok with it...do what you gotta do!! I saw I think that you're only 29 (correct me if I'm wrong)...just stay healthy and live life!

Yeah I feel you there, 100%! I like my protein, tho i do love my sweet potatoes. I wont touch a regular spud tho...dont like the taste or consistency of it. Obviously get the "need some butter" but thats kind of my point. Sweet potato - toss in microwave for 7-9mins and walk away and just eat it straight. But yeah, even with the low carb/fat it doesnt get too far. I have tried altering both in both directions, etc with assistance by some really smart people :)

you got it, 29 (not for too much longer tho)! i like testing things out on the body but thats also to see what works since mine decides it wants to react in odd ways. Heck, for example my eyes. i got pelted in the eye with a baseball during high school and it damaged one of the nerves in the back and caused an astigmatism. it doesnt really effect me unless only 1 eye is shut and then its just a slight near-sidedness. can it be corrected with glasses, optics, contacts? - youd think so. put the perfect fit on, and it makes it worse. my eye essentially takes the new "correction" and over corrects and makes its worse. tried this for 2 months and Dr had it brought back, changed to different things and then try again, same.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah I feel you there, 100%! I like my protein, tho i do love my sweet potatoes. I wont touch a regular spud tho...dont like the taste or consistency of it. Obviously get the "need some butter" but thats kind of my point. Sweet potato - toss in microwave for 7-9mins and walk away and just eat it straight. But yeah, even with the low carb/fat it doesnt get too far. I have tried altering both in both directions, etc with assistance by some really smart people :)

you got it, 29 (not for too much longer tho)! i like testing things out on the body but thats also to see what works since mine decides it wants to react in odd ways. Heck, for example my eyes. i got pelted in the eye with a baseball during high school and it damaged one of the nerves in the back and caused an astigmatism. it doesnt really effect me unless only 1 eye is shut and then its just a slight near-sidedness. can it be corrected with glasses, optics, contacts? - youd think so. put the perfect fit on, and it makes it worse. my eye essentially takes the new "correction" and over corrects and makes its worse. tried this for 2 months and Dr had it brought back, changed to different things and then try again, same.

hahahahahaha...sweet potatoes over other ones any day! I prefer also for the same....nothing needed but I have to admit I'm like that with pretty much everythng...maybe a tad of salt here and there and that's it. I don't even use seasoning while cooking.

What a pain in the butt getting things straight...but that's life! I was great until around 38...and body decided to change...took me years to get diet, training etc...back to where my body would respond....and at 51...doing pretty damn good! We just have to work our asses off if we want to look a certain way...we know that!

Well...Happy Bday early!!! Sorry about the eye deal...Fix one thing...next ****kking one....:32 (11):

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
hahahahahaha...sweet potatoes over other ones any day! I prefer also for the same....nothing needed but I have to admit I'm like that with pretty much everythng...maybe a tad of salt here and there and that's it. I don't even use seasoning while cooking.

What a pain in the butt getting things straight...but that's life! I was great until around 38...and body decided to change...took me years to get diet, training etc...back to where my body would respond....and at 51...doing pretty damn good! We just have to work our asses off if we want to look a certain way...we know that!

Well...Happy Bday early!!! Sorry about the eye deal...Fix one thing...next ****kking one....:32 (11):

lolz amen. yea i dont season either, seldom use "salt" - fake salt, or even the salt free Mrs. Dash...just straight chicken or turkey. hell, i dont really even eat steak or burners.

hey you pretty much kick everyone's arses...i think thats a pretty darn well know fact haha

thanks! no biggy on the eye...it doesnt bother me honestly. i dont even notice it as its normal. thats def one thing the body adjusts to immediately since you're using your eyes all the time.