Them midnight munchies

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So guys and gals, what do yall do about the midnight munchies?

Ever since my last DNP run based around TGiving, overall hunger body request has exponentially increased. Typically, Id have my normal meals around the same time, same everything, yada yada yada no issue. Now, its like Im hungry every 2hrs (yes I know, sometimes the body just needs some more - which I have also done to see if it helps but still hungry). Now, my work schedule has changed up a bit as to timing in the gym - typically it was breakfast, lunch, lunch, gym, PWO, dinner. Now its Breakfast, lunch, gym, PWO, lunch dinner, and minor snack. But Im also waking up about every 2hrs during the night starved as mofo - being diabetic, i do watch what i eat during the night and if it is low- still watch due to those binge raids during the low sugar the body likes to do. Recently been trying to eat some extra PB but thats gone out the window as itll end up catching up quick. I know the fat in it helps prolong but damn, hard to not eat too much of it. Anyways, any one else have suggestions on this? Thought maybe going back to some Fat Free CC or Greek Yogurt right before bed so its more solid and holds. Cuz waking up 2-3x a night between 11 and 630 gonna add up quick. Been eating raw dang veggies during the night to hold it from eating a full meal.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
When I need a binge, my go-to is oat bran sesame sticks. Gives me some texture, bit of fiber and honestly don't taste nearly as bad as oat bran sesame sticks might sound.

I get 'em in bulk off Amazon.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Little bit of a different answer but I’ve found yohombine smooths out my appetite considerably.

Take it fasted (18-20mg and not the 2mg they recommend)

Not hungry for 10-12 hours.

DNW

Elite
Reaction score
+1 for casein. Also rice cakes, and 100 cal popcorn bag. Another thing I do for snacks is slice tomatoes. I have them sitting in Tupperware container (fridge of course) with mixture that is white balsamic vinegar, olive oil, s&p. Water and sugar to balance out the acidity.

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
When I need a binge, my go-to is oat bran sesame sticks. Gives me some texture, bit of fiber and honestly don't taste nearly as bad as oat bran sesame sticks might sound.

I get 'em in bulk off Amazon.

yeah Im a huge texture person. triscuits used to be my thing until i kept finding id eat the whole damn box im not careful. the thing with these is the fact they are small... ill end up eating a handful and then as im putting that bag up...ill grab more. the carbs will get me lolz

Greek yoghurt and choc casein protein before bed, if that fails sibutramine

Yeah Ive thought about going back to the greek yogurt... the consistency of it sucks. never actually put the casein in it, havent taken casein since college (grad 11). cottage cheese always was decent consistency until i got a bad batch.

Little bit of a different answer but I’ve found yohombine smooths out my appetite considerably.

Take it fasted (18-20mg and not the 2mg they recommend)

Not hungry for 10-12 hours.

yeah Ive see a few mention Yo on a few different things. fasted tho... when the hell am i ever fasted lolz. I def need to eat tho would be the thing about the not being hungry, i just need it from like 12-7am. that or stay the F asleep

big ass bowl of organic raisin bran or organic honey & oats medley cereal 230am everyday like clockwork

i get enough fiber..i dont want to be sheeting no more. not a huge fan of cereal due to the beetus. that and i dont remember the last time i drank milk

+1 for casein. Also rice cakes, and 100 cal popcorn bag. Another thing I do for snacks is slice tomatoes. I have them sitting in Tupperware container (fridge of course) with mixture that is white balsamic vinegar, olive oil, s&p. Water and sugar to balance out the acidity.

rice cakes - just cant do it. air texture cardboard plus the carbs in it. hate popcorn. ( i told yall... im weird). tomatoes - i eat those all the time. except i buy pounds of Roma tomatoes at WalMart all the time, toss in fridge and thats actually some of the snack grabs I eat in the middle of the night as its decent enough texture/density to help but not overwhelming to where you feel like a lard laying back down. no dressings tho, just straight tomato.

Right now its raw cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, roma tomatoes, glucose tabs (when needed), PB or PB2 with spoon of sugar free jelly and 45 cal bread (1slice fold). if need texture, will grab a few triscuits.... or find some left overs from dinner the wife didnt eat.

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've found that an increase in fiber intake makes a substantial difference in my appetite.

Fiber slows gastric emptying, which leads to an increased duration in the feeling of "being full".

As such, make sure that every meal you eat contains a substantial (10++g) amount of fiber. Furthermore, if you've gotta snack, snack on fibrous foods like raw veg, grains, etc.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I didnt think the munchies could effect you

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
I mentioned yohimbine fasted just because it helps release fatty acids into the bloodstream. Insulin undoes it. Still works but you want to separate it if possible.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
I've always found midnight munchies are best relieved by eating ass. It's organic, gluten free and it won't fk up your blood sugar. You could go with NS idea about sesame sticks to cleanse the palate.

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
4% friendship brand cottage cheese with a tablespoon of crushed pineapple.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've always found midnight munchies are best relieved by eating ass. It's organic, gluten free and it won't fk up your blood sugar. You could go with NS idea about sesame sticks to cleanse the palate.

Plus ass-eating is anabolic. Good plan.

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've found that an increase in fiber intake makes a substantial difference in my appetite.

Fiber slows gastric emptying, which leads to an increased duration in the feeling of "being full".

As such, make sure that every meal you eat contains a substantial (10++g) amount of fiber. Furthermore, if you've gotta snack, snack on fibrous foods like raw veg, grains, etc.

Yeah thats what I was thinking. Except trust me, I aint got no issues with the amount of fiber. I pile with veggies all the time to try and help stay fuller "longer". now its too much fiber

I didnt think the munchies could effect you

well its got nothing medical behind it or reaction to substance added so.... def.

I mentioned yohimbine fasted just because it helps release fatty acids into the bloodstream. Insulin undoes it. Still works but you want to separate it if possible.

ah gotcha. yeah the only thing is, type 1 diabetic - gotta have the slin along with long acting that i take which last 24hrs

lolz Ill go straight to option 2.

4% friendship brand cottage cheese with a tablespoon of crushed pineapple.

Walmart brand :) never been big on the fruit in it but just me. but def a good idea for the flavor to be enhance as know a ton of people hate CC

German89

Elite
Reaction score
If it's super bad. P.b. otherwise. I'm gonna ignore it and try and sleep.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I guess I’m lucky as I have never been a midnight muncher or snack eater...wish I could help but I guess I’d just say eat clean in those situations...lol:)

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If it's super bad. P.b. otherwise. I'm gonna ignore it and try and sleep.

lolz i wish i could. i wake up literally every 2hrs to pee and im absolutely starved. like cant go back to bed. I will make the PB2 but only a spoonful bc lets be real, going to be up again in a few hours

I guess I’m lucky as I have never been a midnight muncher or snack eater...wish I could help but I guess I’d just say eat clean in those situations...lol:)

oh i hate you! i used not to have any issue but now its just horrible. ive never been a snacker either, dont get cravins. dont desire sweets (unless its the end of a DNP run and then who knows). but i try... literally binge eating fibrous veggies handful at a time. and make a bite of chicken if any left

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey, didn't read any of this thread. Just popping in to let you all know I'm drinking a cane sugar root beer and eating cake. I ****ing love cake.

lolz are you on DNP right now? it sounds like a DNP + Cake coming up

New Threads