Earbud opinions

mistah187

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Like the title says. What are you guys rockin? ive had the same brand of cheapies for 3 years. The first pair i bought were great. lasted like 18 months with good charges and good sound. Then they changed the look and they dont last for shit now. ive gone through 3 pairs in like 4 months. Looking around. Dont really care about cost. Just want a nice pair that stays in and holds a charge. Wireless.

DNW

Elite
Reaction score
I've used the same pair of jaybirds forever. I like em

mistah187

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have been looking at the Jaybirds. the tarahs and the true wireless ones. Only thing that scared me away was not very good reviews. But from my experience reviews are always hit or miss.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Jaybird over here

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

The Tater

Elite
Reaction score
I’ve got a pair of beats wireless earbuds that I really like. I’ve had them for 6 months and no problems

BrotherJ

Elite
Reaction score
I have the Bose wireless earbuds - I really like them, good sound, stay in your ear, excellent quality, battery life etc...

El Gringo

Reaction score
I’ve got a pair of beats wireless earbuds that I really like. I’ve had them for 6 months and no problems
finding a good pair of earbuds can be a task. I've been let down by so many times because they don't get that loud. It's hard to get the adrenaline going from your lifting playlist when it full volume sounds like background noise [no history of hearing damage here].
Rarely do you get to test earbuds before buying them; either because you purchase them online or in box in-store. a lot of them won't specify the specifications of - db or frequency rating. and a lot of the times those numbers don't live up to the sound.

A friend gave me a pair of his Wireless Beats and they were a lot louder than the shitty pair of whatever I had.

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My giant earholes make finding the right pair of 'buds harder than FD at Chippendales.

mistah187

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Went with the Jaybird Tarah pros. fit good sound good. I will see a bit more on the ride to work tomorrow and then the gym.

Reactions: DNW

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Bose sound sport! They sound great & no annoying wire hanging around your neck.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
If you sweat like a motherfukker i recommend the jaybird x4, problems with buds staying in use with the foam tips.
Went through 4 or 5 pairs of beats, countless cheapo skullcandy, the jaybirds have held up the best by far.
My x3s lasted about 11 months then wouldnt turn on one day, quick email to customer support and they sent me a pair of x4s at no cost, high five!

Reaction score
Like the title says. What are you guys rockin? ive had the same brand of cheapies for 3 years. The first pair i bought were great. lasted like 18 months with good charges and good sound. Then they changed the look and they dont last for shit now. ive gone through 3 pairs in like 4 months. Looking around. Dont really care about cost. Just want a nice pair that stays in and holds a charge. Wireless.

I remember when Apple's Airpods came out I totally clowned them. They were expensive AF and it totally smelled like Apple smug BS.

Fast forward about a year after their release, and I got these $200 Bose/JBL/Under Armor "wireless" headphones – the kind with the little wire that rests on your neck – on the house. I shouldn't have accepted them, but the box looked neat and I did. Anyway. They're complete shit. Charging them sucks, the sound sucks and get this, couldn't even make calls on them, either.

A friend recommended Airpods and I gave them a swirl. These are the best portable headphones I've ever had. I love them. I've gotten them as gifts for the girl, my brother's girl, my mom and my girl's brother. Not bullshitting. They all love em' as much as I do. I use these for work (my job requires me to talk to people a lot), gym and running. Zero issues. My only compliant is they can get dirty, and even your best effort will leave them a little grimy, but nothing too bad.

What I really like about the Airpods is the case. It's the size of a dental floss case. What's great about it is twofold: A) you won't lose them. B) The Airpods charge when they are in the case – even when they're in your pocket. These two points right here are overlooked, but I believe they are the best feature. Also, Airpods do indeed work with Android, if that's what you're rockin.

There are two models of the Airpods on the market right now. You don't need the fancy new ones that cost about $50 more. They are the same ones as the last gen model, except you can charge them "wirelessly." It's a worthless feature, IMO. Aside, in terms of this "noise cancelation" bullshit that Boise keeps saying, that's all marketing baloney. You won't tell difference between Airpods and any Bose product.

Frankly, Bose has gone down hill. They were incredible about 10 years ago, but then they got greedy. Just my two bits.

New Threads