Thread: Abcess?

Thanks
    Thanked 18,093 Times in 7,795 Posts

Abcess?

So last Sunday I pinned 1ml tri blend in my left quad. It was a little tight with a small knot when I pinned.

Monday it was hurting good but I blasted out my squats.

Tuesday I woke up and could barely walk. Bending my knee (stretching) is very painful. There is a lump like a knot but it is very deep in the quad not towards the surface like a typical knot that I get.

Tomorrow is 7 days later and it's still there. Still painful.

I have been icing, massaging, rolling and taking 800mg naproxen every 6 hours....

At this point I am thinking sterile abcess... There is no "head" to it and no puss. I injected using the z track method.

Anyone got a clue?

By anyone I mean cobra or other medical license holders....
    "Overzealous dosing" -Jin

Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

Thanks

Re: Abcess?

I don't have a licence or anything but I helped my wife through nursing school, and have also dealt with abscess before. After 7 days bro the prognosis is not good. How hot or warm is it? If it is abscess the naproxen won't do any good you are gonna need something like sulfameth or a really heavy antibiotic. What is the radius of painful area??
    The predetermined wish to destroy everything you know through your own arrogance.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Malevolence View Post
    I don't have a licence or anything but I helped my wife through nursing school, and have also dealt with abscess before. After 7 days bro the prognosis is not good. How hot or warm is it? If it is abscess the naproxen won't do any good you are gonna need something like sulfameth or a really heavy antibiotic. What is the radius of painful area??
    There is no heat, the radius is very local. In fact only the pocket that can be felt is what hurts...

Some info I was just given - looks like I didn't rotate sites enough. I injected into some scar tissue and a pocket has formed. The oil is probably still in there... Could take another week or two or I can try and draw it out :/

Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

Thanks

I have done that before with success good luck bro hope it heals up fast
    The predetermined wish to destroy everything you know through your own arrogance.

Zeek

damn scar tissue is not just a pain to work around but also a hazard!

Thanks

Originally Posted by Ezekiel View Post
    damn scar tissue is not just a pain to work around but also a hazard!

I'm usually very good about foam rolling, getting graston work done and deep tissue massage... The frequent injections just proved to be too much even with a 25g... Stupid me. Stupid mistake. Lesson learned though. This 20g is gonna ****in hurt going in!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,661 Times in 705 Posts

Sounds like a sterile abscess to me bro. Usually they are more surface related but they can occur deeper in the muscle. Since there is no heat, this leads me to believe that's what it is. The pus will need to be drained before healing can occur and that's probably why it has not gone away. You can try draining it your self but either way you should see a physician to get some anti biotics for it. If not treated properly these things can come back. Now I'm not certain that this is what it is because its easy to be an armchair quarterback but if it doesn't go away soon I would see a physician brotha.

Keep us posted on how it goes

Thanks

Keep us posted brother hope everything goes well. I would take cobra advice and see a doc if it's gettin bad.

Thanks
    It seems to be getting better and better at this point... Any change and I wouldn't hesitate to see the doc. Thanks Cobra...

Thanks

was this the first injection pain you have had from the tri blend? I made some last weekend and pinned a ml of it to see how I would react to the EO and the high mg dose (300mg/ml). I did my delt saturday and it is still pretty sore on wednesday. It is finally starting to feel better. I had a similar reaction to a couple of my test c shots and seems to always happen when I use 25 guage needles. not sure why that is.

Thanks
    No I had some discomfort with every shot...

As of this morning though I feel like it never happened. All better

Thanks

yeah Im affraid it's going to be a pretty painful ride...hopefully the results will make it worth it.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Solid Snake View Post
    yeah Im affraid it's going to be a pretty painful ride...hopefully the results will make it worth it.
    When you're sore ice it and take some ibuprofen. When you're in the gym you'll be so jacked up and wired that you won't give a **** though

Thanks

I would use those icyhot patches on my delts whenever i would get swelling from injections. They helped quite a bit.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,411 Times in 1,186 Posts

U guys got me excited talking about the tri blend

Thanks
    Originally Posted by BigHerm View Post
    U guys got me excited talking about the tri blend
    You should be bro. You'll be hard as a God damn rock!

Thanks

I bought a portable TENS unit (electric shock massage thingy) after having shoulder rehab a few years ago. I used it after my delt shots when it became painful and a bit swollen. Seemed to have broken things up nicely and by 4 days my shoulder is bueno again. I wouldn't risk it if it's bad though.