wrist problem...from injury need tricks to work around

Ragingmenace223

Reaction score
i feel 36 feet 5 yrs ago and the only thing that saved my life is that i was a body builder is what the dr said....my back is jacked so i cant move big weight i just cant wupport it but i have been doing pretty good with my total gym and small amout of free weights i have but since i have titanium in my wrist with alot of nerver damage and shooting pains....the right side of my body which is my dominate is growing and looking great but my left side where my wrist is bad i notice my lat is smaller my trap is a lil bigger and so ar my arms...im trying to look at what position my wrist is in to keep it condistant so i dont over comensate with outher muscle groups n focus mentally on the muscle im working but its just not evening out...n not im using some prefomance enhancers its getting..worse...i just dont know what to do..i was a personal trainer for about 5 yrs till my gym closed and i just moved on and this was over a decade ago...any help would be appreciated...thx

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Have you tried straps yet? You'll only need the slightest amount of finger pressure to hold the weight, if takes grip strength almost completely out of the equation.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
moved to injury and recovery section....

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I don't know how much I could tell a former trainer about this and even less when it comes to his body but I would say stick to a bar and avoid DB's. Ez curl bar can be used for a lot of different movements along with a tricep bar. Keep the reps up would probably also help. I know this is basic but it's a start.

36' is a hell of a fall, glad you made it through even though you have some lasting issues.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
10 years ago i had a wrist injury take me out for over a year..The wrist is hard to work around u may need to really let it heal

Ragingmenace223

Reaction score
its been 5 yrs and my surgeon said he didnt even think id gain this much movment back and said hes patting himself on the back for this one....so its been 5 yrs the nerve damage is getting nbetter with each yr but subconiciously i angle my wrist to put less strain on it and ive tried starps and they put pressure right where the titanium is....i just get tires of people asking me why one side is bigger. im really vein n it sucks,,,thank for all the replies i appreciate it....i just started a gym today i have been using a total gym because i just cant support big free weights anymore....hopefully the change in equipment will help. i knopw when i used to use the gym if i would work out with a friend at theirs id get a hell of a schok in the muscles even though they were the same type of machines each brand has a slightly different angle allowing u to schok ur muscles....

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
What if you put a brace of some sort over your forearm, so with a lifting strap over that, it'll spread out the pressure of the strap over your entire forearm, so it's not focused on where the titanium is?

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Working legs is your best bet to train around your injury.

New Threads