Kratom & you: What you should know!

Reaction score
I've spent the last eight decades studying Kratom and thought I would share some of my knowledge with you, the reader!

Kratom is legal in all US states minus Alabama, Arkansas, Indiana, Rhode Island, Vermont and Wisconsin. There are some specific cities that also outright ban it. Generally speaking, though, it is readily available and most CBD shops sell it, though the quality greatly differs.

What is it: It is a green powder and legit tastes like dirt. There are capsules, but those are for pussies (and they cost more). There are three colors: Red, White and Green. They all look the same, though, and depending on where you buy it from, each color does different things. It's also been around forever, but, following the rise of products such as CBD, Kratom's profile has suddenly also risen, too. Regarding its current legal state, this news article summarizes it like this:

According to information from Helming’s office, the Drug Enforcement Administration lists it as a drug of concern with no medicinal value. Also, the Food and Drug Administration compares kratom to morphine in its risks for addiction, abuse, and dependence. Several FDA studies are continuing to evaluate the scientific information on kratom, but the FDA warns consumers to not use any products containing kratom until it is better understood.

What is it like: Some people get nausea from Kratom, which I believe is a direct result of poor quality or taking way too much. There are also people who report stomach pain (more on that in a bit). Quality Kratom, IMO, gives you a nice boost in energy; I've taken it in the middle of the day and suddenly gotten the urge for a second workout. Taking Kratom provides a feeling similar to taking an opioid. Based on my experience, it is significantly more effective than taking something like Vicodin when treating muscle strains, for example. It's also a lot of fun to take while playing video games, too (I'm not gonna bullshit).

Side effects: Kratom doesn't like dissolving in water. So if you take too much, and do so consistently, something similar to a pile of dirt will hang out in your stomach, leading to significant stomach pains. It ishighly recommended that you consume a ton of water when taking it. Overall, many people consider it safe to consume on a periodic bases, though the jury is still out. The Mayo Clinic, for example, describes it as "unsafe and ineffective."

Other things you should know: If you're looking to treat pain, marijuana is fantastic, but, Kratom is a close second. And if I'm being honest, it's also fun to take recreationally, especially if you don't want the negative side effects of drinking, for example. I sometimes take it before work, as the energy boost is very real. I won't share where to score quality Kratom, as it seems like something that's in a grey area around here, but I do suggest doing research before buying. I would avoid chain retailers selling it and stores overall, though.

WTF is wrong with you and why are you sharing this: God has blessed me with the gift of putting words together quickly, so doing this takes me little effort, time. Currently waiting on the girl to finish getting ready so we can head out. In the meantime, I thought I'd share my gift with you, the reader.

Cheers.

Edit: Can't share links yet.

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
......So you're in your nineties? lol

Good stuff. There are some other threads out here talking about Kratom. I like it, however finding the right mixer is a chore. I have tried to make tea out of it, and that's gross. I just mix with some cold water and chug. I have a chaser close by.

Reaction score
I have tried to make tea out of it, and that's gross. I just mix with some cold water and chug. I have a chaser close by.

I pour it directly on tongue and then slam about 2 cups of water. Believe it or not, you barely taste it this way.

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
So was that information cut straight from another site. Im confused about "your" 8 decades of study. Can you clarify? :)

Reaction score
So was that information cut straight from another site. Im confused about "your" 8 decades of study. Can you clarify? :)
I'm flattered (honestly) that you think I'd lift someone else's work without crediting them, but to answer question, no, I'm not a hack. The portion that was taken from another site is in italics.

re: the "eight decades of study:" I don't understand what's so hard to believe about this? Eighty years isn't that long of a time.

I would try a nice snort of it
lol – honestly gave me a chuckle

Reaction score
You left out the part about the giant shits you will be taking, add some magnesium to your stack...

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I for one respect someone who began studying Kratom as a 10 year old. I was still picking my nose and rubbing it on doorknobs.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
The writing style sure sounds like two other people we’ve had. Think I’m dropping from this game..

Reaction score
I for one respect someone who began studying Kratom as a 10 year old. I was still picking my nose and rubbing it on doorknobs.

Huh? I began studying Kratom when I was 52; I'm currently 132-years-old. =D

The writing style sure sounds like two other people we’ve had. Think I’m dropping from this game..

I'm brand spanking new, brother! Still sealed in the package, too!

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm on that Red Maeng Da.

anewguy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Always wondered about kratom for anxiety and pain. Thanks for posting.

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
I just always grab a spoonfull and put it in my mouth and chug some water. I heard mixing it with craneberry juice or coca cola is ok

Reaction score
Always wondered about kratom for anxiety and pain. Thanks for posting.

The girl sometimes gets anxiety because of her line of work. She doesn't smoke pot, etc. Gave her some CBD gummies recently and she said it helped a lot. idk if you've tried that, but might be worth a go fwiw.

#TheMatrix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Tried it. Tasted like battery acid and give it away.

Reaction score
I've tried a few different strands and have gotten nothing from it. Maybe I need to try something different or maybe I'm a non responder.

Reactions: Jin

New Threads