Large swelling/infection on glute

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Google "necrotizing fasciitis". Go to images. Almost every single case that I've anesthetized for the debridement of such has been from using dirty needles/syringes. Don't reuse that stuff. Just don't.

Where these likely IV drug users?

Massacre

Reaction score
Hi

Ive had a large swelling on my upper leg/glute area to my right leg. Around the spot where I usually inject but i almost always inject on my left side.

Its a huge swelling that seems to be intramuscular. I cant sleep on it atall. Its been like this for 4 days and ive also been showing flu like symptoms. Crazy night sweating, aching muslces and joints feeling very weak, some cold sores on lip which I only ever get when my immune/nervous system is shot. Ive also just been feelint generally sick. The pain from the swelling is terrible. Ofcourse i havnt been training this last 4 days

im trying to get booked into mu doctor asap. Could anyone speculate what it may be and what Inshould do (other than ofcourse seek medical attention from the doc)

thanks for the help

That’s an access, my guy. Go get that shit checked out. If you’re lucky, they’ll drain it real quick and you’re good.

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I look like a fool here and I have apologies for my earlier post telling yous all to calm down about using needles twice or more because this problem was infact caused by bad injecting techniques, as ive found out by the doctor.

The doctor gave me antibiotics for a 7 day course. I didnt realise how much of a big deal this was but the swelling is absolutely ridiculous looking.
I pray to god I recover soon and there isn't even more problems beneath the surface so to speak in terms of blood infections etc. I'll definately be doing things properly in the future.
No worries, dude.

Use this as a learning experience.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Where these likely IV drug users?

Yes. Mostly heroin. When these guys fry all their veins they start going subcutaneous and IM. They're reusing their needles/syringes. Just asking for infection. Generally "just" abscesses, but if the dude's got a step infection, like strep throat...set up for the big nasty. They debride that sh*t as far as necessary to get it all.sometimes that means everything down to the bone.

Bullcrew

Reaction score
I get em on quad from bolden... turns red hot about the size of 5" round and they raise up a bit...leg hurts like hell has different consistency and is hot...it actually turns pinkish red and it only does it with golden in quad....I cam do shoulders, peck etc fine.....
I have had it happen 3 times I did it again thinking it was a fluke.....3rd time I thought it was the deca....lol nope

I'd get it looked at for safety but hopefully it's just an irritated spot mi.e last up to 6 days and I lifted with a broken wrist so this doesn't stop me....just hurts .....

Good luck and hoping it's as simple as mine was...

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I get em on quad from bolden... turns red hot about the size of 5" round and they raise up a bit...leg hurts like hell has different consistency and is hot...it actually turns pinkish red and it only does it with golden in quad....I cam do shoulders, peck etc fine.....
I have had it happen 3 times I did it again thinking it was a fluke.....3rd time I thought it was the deca....lol nope

I'd get it looked at for safety but hopefully it's just an irritated spot mi.e last up to 6 days and I lifted with a broken wrist so this doesn't stop me....just hurts .....

Good luck and hoping it's as simple as mine was...

I realize you are new to the whole forum thing, but I’m still going to give you some shit:

hopefully OP’s issue has cleared up; it’s been 6 weeks since he first posted about it;)

Reactions: DNW

New Threads