About to Start First Cycle

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I lost 19lb is the last 11 weeks. Strength/reps have gone up and been doing Push/Pull/Legs and doing 45minutes of LISS on the bike every day.

Goals are to cut down in BF and then add muscle mass

That's pretty solid progress.

So what's your plan after this 12 week diet? Was it to start your cycle, or go to maintenance Cals and try to hold for awhile before another round of weight loss?

Reaction score
That's pretty solid progress.

So what's your plan after this 12 week diet? Was it to start your cycle, or go to maintenance Cals and try to hold for awhile before another round of weight loss?

Plan was to go straight into cycle and do another 12 week cut after cycle

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I'd think that after your cycle, going straight into a cut could be a mistake. Since you're not a TRT guy, I think you're risking dropping most of the GOOD weight that you gained too, due to the drop in hormones paired with a large calorie reduction. You might be better off continuing to train hard and trying to maintain your weight for awhile post cycle, before starting your cut.

I'll defer to others on this point though.

Reaction score
I'd think that after your cycle, going straight into a cut could be a mistake. Since you're not a TRT guy, I think you're risking dropping most of the GOOD weight that you gained too, due to the drop in hormones paired with a large calorie reduction. You might be better off continuing to train hard and trying to maintain your weight for awhile post cycle, before starting your cut.

I'll defer to others on this point though.

How long after the cycle do you think I should maintain before going back into a cut?

Reaction score
If I were you, I’d probably run the cycle now too (except I don’t like the pct idea, I just personally think it’s counterproductive). What you have planned is a good first cycle, eat and lift and sleep and you will put on muscle and feel amazing.

If I were me today (meaning with what I know now), I’d wait and I’ll tell you why. Cycling with higher body fat will make you grow but you’re still going to have higher body fat when you’re done. Which is why you feel you’ll have to jump right into a cut after. Again, counterproductive. You’re gonna eat in a surplus to grow, but then jump into a deficit and risk losing those gains. While I think dieting sucks, I believe you should drop more weight/fat, get somewhere around/below 15% (these guys saying to be 10%, most of us never see 10% in our lives!) and then hit the needle. Eat big, train hard, and you’ll put on muscle that you can keep afterwards because you don’t have to cut after.

Last edited:

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Never go into a cut right after a cycle if you're not a blast and cruise guy. You'll cut your gains away. Just my opinion.