My lower body can’t seem to decrease in size

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I’m 19 years old I weigh about 215lbs and I’m 5”11. I’ve gained some weight lately but honestly it wasn’t nothing too crazy, my upper body is fine, I have small amount of abs showing and a good amount of muscle built up, however no matter what I try to do, especially with an extremely clean diet, I cannot lose my ass or my thighs. They’re huge, not built but it’s all fat, everything I eat goes directly into my ass and my legs. My stomach is completely flat, I have small love handles and a little tiny bit of belly fat at the bottom of my stomach but my legs make me look disgusting. I wear skinny jeans a lot and I look like a girl when I walk around In public. I wear a 36 and if I’m lucky some jeans and shorts fit on a 34. If anyone could help me and give me advice that would be awesome, cause I’m really unhappy with this. I do cardio 3 times a week 60 minutes at a time. I do sprints, HIIT, and whatever else I’m honestly feeling while I’m at the gym, thanks guys!

Deadhead

Elite
Reaction score
Have you maybe tried lowering carbs and raising fats... you could be carb sensitive, you could also consider reducing gluten in your diet... but most likely those are just your stubborn fat areas and they will be the last area you will lose from.

Last edited:

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
You can’t spot reduce your fatter lower body.

Lose overall bodyfat.

End of story.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Can you even fit into skinny jeans if you have fat legs?

I'm only half kidding.

Reaction score
If you do this I promise you will lose weight:

- Start lifting weights, I recommend a push/pull/legs routine
- Take a spin class twice a week, this is important; skip the sprints/HIIT
- Start tracking your calories using an app like LoseIt; aim for something like 1600 calories a day
- Limit carb intake to about 100g/day; eat lots of protein like chicken and whey protein
- Creatine won't hurt
- Drink water so pee is always clear

If you do this you will see results in 4 weeks; in 8 weeks others will see results and after that, you'll want to keep going. It's scientifically impossible for you not to lose weight if you do this.

Reaction score
Have you maybe tried lowering carbs and raising fats... you could be carb sensitive, you could also consider reducing gluten in your diet... but most likely those are just your stubborn fat areas and they will be the last area you will lose from.

Tried it bro, 3 weeks in, nothing changed.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Everyone has those spots where the fat goes first and comes off last. If you're a guy and lucky, it goes in your back. A lucky woman will put it in her boobs and even keep it when she drops some weight.

There is nothing you can do about where your body stores and uses its fuel... nothing. You will just need to drop more weight and try to add some muscle to get a better shape.

This is going to suck because you're doing the work. That cardio, if you're serious about it for 60 min will burn about 500 cals so 1,500 over 7 days is about 215/day. Yeah, all of a sudden, it doesn't seem like a lot; sorry. So you will need to attack this from the diet end too. cutting as little as 215 cals out of your diet will double your results from where you're at.

Reaction score
Can you even fit into skinny jeans if you have fat legs?

I'm only half kidding.

Hahahaha, yea I can, I've got huge naturally built calves, but thighs are too fat though and so is my ass, i just use longer shirts to cover my ass lmao, especially when i go out on the weekends

Reaction score
If you do this I promise you will lose weight:

- Start lifting weights, I recommend a push/pull/legs routine
- Take a spin class twice a week, this is important; skip the sprints/HIIT
- Start tracking your calories using an app like LoseIt; aim for something like 1600 calories a day
- Limit carb intake to about 100g/day; eat lots of protein like chicken and whey protein
- Creatine won't hurt
- Drink water so pee is always clear

If you do this you will see results in 4 weeks; in 8 weeks others will see results and after that, you'll want to keep going. It's scientifically impossible for you not to lose weight if you do this.

I've been lifting brotha, my upperbody is in great shape with some minor fat on the belly and minor love handles I look like a beast in person but my lower body is disgustingly fat, and I hate having to admit that.

Reaction score
I've been lifting brotha, my upperbody is in great shape with some minor fat on the belly and minor love handles I look like a beast in person but my lower body is disgustingly fat, and I hate having to admit that.

Totally. Just trust me on the spinning. If you take those classes twice a week and eat right, you will lose weight. Spinning just shreds fat. Someone like you would lose about 700 calories in one class. But don't do SoulCycle. You will injure yourself. Plenty of hot chicks in those classes, yes, but, it's basically dancing on a bike, which won't do you any good. Plus, you'll get injured.

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
I have to see this. Where is the pic?

Like its been said, you cant spot reduce fat loss. Your body will determine where it comes from first-last. I lose it in my ass first, and my stomach and back last. Takes time. You should post your diet as well.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Try a marathon........not in those jeans though................................:32 (19):

New Threads