Advice for my girl

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
My girl has been asking me to reach out to the forum for some advice on some symptoms she’s been having

for the last year she has more fatigue, stubborn weight loss, lowered sex drive and harder to climax during sex. She still get horny as hell but it’s way less frequent. She eats clean and works out, sleeps well and no drug or alcohol abuse. No AAS use. For the last two years she has been on and off her birth control I think that may be the culprit I recommended her go to the doctor and get some bloods done so she did al they did was check her thyroid and it came back fine.

I recommended to her the female blood panel and she is game our question is what hormones should we focus on for the Symptoms listed above.

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Get blood work, no one on here is a doctor.....

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
Get blood work, no one on here is a doctor.....

Ya we’re gonna get her the female blood panel that lots of guys on her recommend for even guys
my question was out of the ones on the test are probably the key ones to focus on for the above symptoms. I don’t know shit about females

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
Cycling birth control will cause instability in her hormones that can lead to all the above.

Beyond that, has she started taking any other medications around the same time that you started noticing the issues? Some anti-depressants can cause those symptoms as well.

Otherwise agree on the blood work.

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
Cycling birth control will cause instability in her hormones that can lead to all the above.

Beyond that, has she started taking any other medications around the same time that you started noticing the issues? Some anti-depressants can cause those symptoms as well.

Otherwise agree on the blood work.

Just allergy medication

DNW

Elite
Reaction score
Probably birth control related. Check vitamin d levels tho. Wife and I both take like 5000 iu a day

Reaction score
My girl has been asking me to reach out to the forum for some advice on some symptoms she’s been having

for the last year she has more fatigue, stubborn weight loss, lowered sex drive and harder to climax during sex. She still get horny as hell but it’s way less frequent. She eats clean and works out, sleeps well and no drug or alcohol abuse. No AAS use. For the last two years she has been on and off her birth control I think that may be the culprit I recommended her go to the doctor and get some bloods done so she did al they did was check her thyroid and it came back fine.

I recommended to her the female blood panel and she is game our question is what hormones should we focus on for the Symptoms listed above.

My girl is similar (no drugs etc) and had similar symptoms once minus weight stuff. I'd boil it down to two things: It may very well be birth control, she got the IUD and the brand was Mirena. Totally ruined her sex drive. She got off that and it was the difference maker. "Everyone I know that took that had problems," she said.

The second thing, and this happened later, is anxiety. Might be worth asking her about that and, if she does indeed have anxiety, figuring out what works best. Sometimes it's as simple as taking walks outside. Meds might also do the trick. If she has a high stress job and functions at a very high level at this job, has asshole for a boss, anxiety might be it.

Hope that helps.

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
Maybe its her man. lol Just kidding brother. Birth control wreaks havoc on women.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Maybe its her man. lol Just kidding brother. Birth control wreaks havoc on women.

yea but all the ladies ive had going back til i was 16 were always on it, as long as they stayed on it they were all fine...?? If or when they stopped it, they were fine. Cycling or missing doses.....For sure will cause something, given the individual, it could be mild or wild. I remember a few where we didnt have enough for a vacation n things were messed up.

But the wife stopped BC about 18 months ago.....Things were fine, now 5 months post giving birth her thyroid is messed up. But shes losing hair, all sorts of post baby issues.

Post your bloods here, FD is right....None of us are DR's, but between the group we do have quite a bit of knowledge

GL brother

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Well....been fixed for almost 15 years so I don't remember much ...BUT...one thing I do know...the shit it puts us through made me take care of business!

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
What thyroid tests were run?
Can you post results?

She will need to run these and post up
1. tsh
2. free t3
3. free t4
4. reverse t3
5. tpo antibodies
6. anti-thyroglobulin
7. iron serum
8. iron saturation
9. ferritin

insist on all of those. Doctors typically only run tsh and make a determination based on that which is complete bullsh1t and incompetence

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
By the way, German is right im pretty sure you posted this a few months ago, unless it was someone else

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What thyroid tests were run?
Can you post results?

She will need to run these and post up
1. tsh
2. free t3
3. free t4
4. reverse t3
5. tpo antibodies
6. anti-thyroglobulin
7. iron serum
8. iron saturation
9. ferritin

insist on all of those. Doctors typically only run tsh and make a determination based on that which is complete bullsh1t and incompetence
This

10characters

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
By the way, German is right im pretty sure you posted this a few months ago, unless it was someone else
Alright we’ll forgive me then
I don’t remember if I did but if two of y’all are saying it I guess so. I may have and then she didn’t want to follow through with finding out What’s wrong and I don’t force her she’s stubborn but I ain’t gonna control her I offer help and if she refuses I let it be lol.

edit: yes I did you and German were correct I posted something similar back In February of this year. My bad guys sorry to upset y’all

Last edited:

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
No worries bro, was just talking out loud, nothing insinuated. ....
Get those labs run and we can help

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Look at switching to a birth control pill called Yasmin. That helped my Mrs with similar symptoms

New Threads