High insulin,low blood sugar will taking gh help this issue?

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So my last bloods my blood sugar was a dumb ass 41... Super dang low, insulin was 77, which is high

If i had not eaten before i got my last bloods done, my bs levels would have been much lower,

So ive been wondering if i get on gh will it help both issues? Raise blood sugar and then u allow my insulin to lower as well?

Just thinkin out loud and wondering what u guys think?.

Getting new bw next week to check all this

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Is this from just a single blood test, or is it the same with multiple blood tests?

If it's just a single test, I'd get another one done first before I did anything, to see if it was just an anomaly.

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I may have missed it somehwere but do you have hypoglycemia naturally or are you supplementing insulin. question for you tho.. how do you feel at 47? reason i ask has nothing to do with the question but just curiosity since Im a T1D and its a 50/50 shot on if i even notice at 47 b/c im used to it by now - sometimes im loopy as fauk and other times i have no idea. endocrine called me 5x after i left once bc it was 24 and i was like nah im good.

anyways... I took GH and it screwed my sugars up so freaking bad. i continually ran 350+ no matter how much insulin i took, i ran out of 3mo supply within almost a month. i would take 30iu in a single shot and it wouldnt lower it at all. ran that for a few months and i couldnt do it to my body, it wasnt worth it. no issues once stopping. some people become very insulin resistant and some it doesnt bother as there are diabetics here (at least used to, not sure if they here or not) that took with no issues at low low doses.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Running gh consistently made my glucose number rise ... nothing crazy but it did increase .. I'm with FD though ... if your next blood test is not in the normal range I'd get medical advice ...

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have been told im reactive hypoglycemic, which means i need to eat constantly, all the time even more now than i use to, certain carbs f me up for days if consumed and when i eat them screws me up as well, im tryin to cut out all sugars and eatin more sweet potatoes and stuff along those lines, just wanted a consensus about low bs and if hgh would help raise it, which it should but dont want to screw myself up either

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have been told im reactive hypoglycemic, which means i need to eat constantly, all the time even more now than i use to, certain carbs f me up for days if consumed and when i eat them screws me up as well, im tryin to cut out all sugars and eatin more sweet potatoes and stuff along those lines, just wanted a consensus about low bs and if hgh would help raise it, which it should but dont want to screw myself up either

yeah i was wondering if you were hypo in general vs just taking the insulin. cutting the simple sugars should help to an extent and just be used like I do - for when you MUST have them. i think adding the high GI carbs to the ratio for often throughout should help (not a Dr but i know several hypo that has had some good success by doing this as helps maintain). Id make sure to get that in order long before looking at the GH bc the GH could end up causing some exact options, which I know in terms looks good that it raise the sugars and then potentially the hypo naturally lowers it due to the reasons...but may not and could end up in opposite direction with high sugar and becoming resistant, etc. Id start with the main thing 1st and go from there

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
yeah i was wondering if you were hypo in general vs just taking the insulin. cutting the simple sugars should help to an extent and just be used like I do - for when you MUST have them. i think adding the high GI carbs to the ratio for often throughout should help (not a Dr but i know several hypo that has had some good success by doing this as helps maintain). Id make sure to get that in order long before looking at the GH bc the GH could end up causing some exact options, which I know in terms looks good that it raise the sugars and then potentially the hypo naturally lowers it due to the reasons...but may not and could end up in opposite direction with high sugar and becoming resistant, etc. Id start with the main thing 1st and go from there

Thanks ill look at high gi carbs and plan to implement them asap, yeah i was thinkin gh might be either good or bad, seems as tho most feel its not the best route to go,

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Thanks ill look at high gi carbs and plan to implement them asap, yeah i was thinkin gh might be either good or bad, seems as tho most feel its not the best route to go,

The theory sounds good and is in line with Polumbo but it seems like a really risky guess.

Tackling the underlying issue seems like a better approach. I’d be curious to know what a doctor says if you see one.

Dbolitarian

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I may have missed it somehwere but do you have hypoglycemia naturally or are you supplementing insulin. question for you tho.. how do you feel at 47? reason i ask has nothing to do with the question but just curiosity since Im a T1D and its a 50/50 shot on if i even notice at 47 b/c im used to it by now - sometimes im loopy as fauk and other times i have no idea. endocrine called me 5x after i left once bc it was 24 and i was like nah im good.

anyways... I took GH and it screwed my sugars up so freaking bad. i continually ran 350+ no matter how much insulin i took, i ran out of 3mo supply within almost a month. i would take 30iu in a single shot and it wouldnt lower it at all. ran that for a few months and i couldnt do it to my body, it wasnt worth it. no issues once stopping. some people become very insulin resistant and some it doesnt bother as there are diabetics here (at least used to, not sure if they here or not) that took with no issues at low low doses.
Holy ffkin shiit
That's nuts dude.
30IU one shit didn't do shit? I'm assuming humalog, correct?
Damn
Yeah I don't blame you there that's dangerous as hell dude.
To hell with that .

You felt decent at that low? That seems crazy to me too
I'm naturally hypoglycemic also.
Very much so
I hate it, sometimes I'll be working and literally have to go down to the lunch room and eat.
I get sweaty
Very very irritsted at everything. Sometimes loopy for sure.
Got it checked once by a diabetic coworker that shit was 21.

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Yea def start looking at the good complex carbs as this might help sustain and overall control of the lower sugar drops throughout the day. the GH I think isnt the best option until getting everything else normalized for a while. then if you still want to, you can start some GH but would also start at a very low dose to determine what its going to do

The theory sounds good and is in line with Polumbo but it seems like a really risky guess.

Tackling the underlying issue seems like a better approach. I’d be curious to know what a doctor says if you see one.

Sound advise there. underlying causes gotta be adjusted to get normalized before getting complex. Ive made that one before

Holy ffkin shiit
That's nuts dude.
Damn
To hell with that .

Very much so
I hate it, sometimes I'll be working and literally have to go down to the lunch room and eat.
I get sweaty

Yeah man 30IU while I was running GH didnt absolutely nothing, and the sad thing is, that was several times a day. I blew thru so much insulin it was insane and I hated it for the simple fact that I was using so much in the body. it was confusing the heck out of me until realized what may be the issue.

yeah its like 75% of the time, anything below 60 I have no earthly idea until its way way low. other times, i can get 70 and feel like a straight clown. Ive done some really really messed up stuff when its so much in the tank. Endocrine will call me from time to time after 3mo to make sure i got home ok. My lowest is a 9. my highest at diagnosis was 886. I hate being low tho bc its a guessing game as what to do. other day i was mowing and it tanked but i kept going (in 95F heat) cuz only had like 5mins left. ended up walking up the stairs and holding my hands out like i was still mowing...sugar was like 30 something. ate 1 tablet bc thats all i had in that bottle but knew i had another. i kept going back to the same empty bottle 5x till i threw it outside in the grass

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

ive seen a few, going for bw this week or next to try and capture this anomoly, IF things are out of wack, then its going to lead to mri's and possibly a scan of my pancreas to look for weird crap,

whats odd is one time (in band camp...) i was having an mri on my stomach and out of the blue the lady casually says um hey did you know (the human head only weighs 8 lbs) that you have cysts on your liver? to which i responded um hell na, but thanks for letting me know....

so ive got that going as well

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Holy ffkin shiit
That's nuts dude.
Damn
To hell with that .

Very much so
I get sweaty

holy shnikes 21? dayummm

whats weird is thru a blood draw it shows low, but i can literaly poke my finger 10 min after the blood draw and my levels read anywhere between 79-110.... 2 different finger readers as well....

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
holy shnikes 21? dayummm

whats weird is thru a blood draw it shows low, but i can literaly poke my finger 10 min after the blood draw and my levels read anywhere between 79-110.... 2 different finger readers as well....

yeah that is the thing, they will def read differently. In my opinion, the blood draw is more precise. The meters are within a range usually but it shouldnt be too far off. i guess it depends on what you're considering "low". on my meter if its 65 or lower it shows blue - low. I will sometimes check my sugar and it says like 350 and Im like nah homie, lets try that again - check it same finer and its where it should be. they will malfunction and checking different fingers will give a different result as its not exact, more so a range. That and never check your sugar right after you grab food as checked it one time after eating an apple and forgot - super high from the sugar juice on fingers and took a shot - yeah it was severely low.

My meter - livongo... i wish i could turn the suggestions off. if its low low - like sub 40 it always asks "do you want a representative to call you and check on you?" NO! now stop asking me that.

New Threads