Inside elbow pain/strain

Reaction score
So, I get this occassionally. When I do a back day, I get to the pull ups/chin ups and I get a pain/strain inside the elbows. I checked online and my best guess is golfers elbow. My workouts are 3 days a week, I alternate between upper and lower body, and I alternate upper body into back day or chest/shoulder/arms day. I try to eat foods for recovery and get plenty of rest. Other than the occasional heavy lifting at work (up to 50lbs), I don't overdo it on my joints.

DNW

Elite
Reaction score
Theres a string of muscle on the underside of your forearm on the inside. They're the flexor carpi ulnaris(I think). Massage this band from where it connects to that secondary elbow bone (not looking it up) all the way down your forearm. If its tender...keep at it. Hopefully that helps. Reassess your form on tricep exercises and bench.

Last edited:

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Look into flossing bands.

Reactions: DNW

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
how long has it been an issue and have you ever had a been to a DR for an X ray or a CT....??

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Drop the chins ups and pull ups and go to a lat pull down machine will help but may not be the cause of your problem. Stab in the dark: you're using a strait barbell to curl?

Reactions: Jin
Reaction score
At first I thought it was overloading on the weight machines, but I found that constant use (i.e.- unloading boxes of #10 cans fast paced, unloading heavy boxes fast) may have over taxed my tendons or certain muscles.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Drop the chins ups and pull ups and go to a lat pull down machine will help but may not be the cause of your problem. Stab in the dark: you're using a strait barbell to curl?

Squat also especially narrow.

New Threads