Test enanthate first cycle dosage

Riot

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just been reading around this forum and wanted to ask if there is a answer to what amount of test is required to see a difference. The general amount I see if 500mg, but is this for ease or is there a reason 400 or 300mg would not be recommended?

I guess, as its shutting down your own test production, you need to take enough to put you above where you were naturally.

Does having a lower amount of test going in lower the risks of AI and PCT?

Thoughts appreciated

Thanks.

Riot

Reaction score
In addition...

So would running a low amount and getting bloods done to see how your test levels are being affected, if low up the amount but if its higher continue on as is.

Would this be reasonable?

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
500mg is the common dose because it's easy to measure out (based on 250mg/ml, which is typical) and produces results that are good enough to outweigh the negatives of AAS use for most folks.

You can absolutely start at 300mg if you're worried about how you'll react as long as you accept the fact that the results won't be as good. The side effects will be less severe as well of course - lower dose, if any, for an AI, better chance of recovery during PCT, etc, etc.
You can see the difference between 300mg vs 600mg (the common dose used in studies) here. TL;DR - Intermediate lifters who didn't lift at all during a 20 week cycle gained, on average, 12lbs of muscle on 300mg vs 18.5 lbs on 600mg.

I don't recommend changing doses after bloodwork because, well, that kind of invalidates the results of the test. E.g. if you get bloods done on 300mg, see that everything is looking good - no need for an AI, etc, bump it up to 500mg, then you'll need to redo the bloodwork again as the results will have, obviously, changed. No issues at 300mg doesn't equal no issues at 500mg. Hope that makes sense.

Uncle manny

Elite
Reaction score
Zilla hit the nail on the head. If youre going to take a swing, swing, don’t check swing and don’t swing for the fence. 500-600 would be best.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
From personal experience, 500mg or lower ups the odds you see good effects without to many negatives.

Don’t underestimate how much side effects will be a detriment.

for reference 200mg is approximately a replacement dose for most people. (Plus or minus 50-10mg) so 400 or 500 is a significant boost for an average person.

Also, a surprising number of the top bodybuilders used dosages closer to this level then you’d expect. Granted, they are extreme responders but it’s still interesting to see how far they went with “so little” compared to what we read on the internet today.

Riot

Reaction score
Thank you for your advise. After posting I saw some links to similar threads that echo this too. Need to search harder next time! But thanks guys.

bugman

Elite
Reaction score
I still get awesome results at 200mg per week. I've always stayed on the lower end of the scale though.

Reaction score
Very well-written & informative research article about Enanthate, Zilla. However, one thing did alarm me. I'm a rookie and started with 250mg twice a week. It seems like everyone else (including the article) pins test Enanthate once a week. I thought the half-life was about 4 days...so pinning twice a week would be ideal...no?

Josh30013

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Every one is different. There is not a right answer to this question. Every ones body metabolizes test at different rates. If you are going to do a cycle i would "suggest" 600. Have the AI'S on hand so you can treat side effects as needed.

Josh30013

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Pin twice a week for more stable levels. You can also do EOD or ED at lower doses to equal the same weekly amount for best levels. If you do that i suggest you back load slin pinz as well.

Riot

Reaction score
Zilla, just finished reading that linked article, good read. A bit technical for me but very interesting good find and thanks.

Reaction score
From personal experience, 500mg or lower ups the odds you see good effects without to many negatives.

Don’t underestimate how much side effects will be a detriment.

for reference 200mg is approximately a replacement dose for most people. (Plus or minus 50-10mg) so 400 or 500 is a significant boost for an average person.

Also, a surprising number of the top bodybuilders used dosages closer to this level then you’d expect. Granted, they are extreme responders but it’s still interesting to see how far they went with “so little” compared to what we read on the internet today.
Lee Priest comes to mind. 500mg was enough to make him awesome.

mugzy

Administrator
Reaction score
Lee Priest comes to mind. 500mg was enough to make him awesome.

Don’t be fooled by Lee :) I have competed on a professional level. I have used 2k mg of test cyp/wk in my younger years stacked with other things. I know there were people using more than I at the time. That said 250 mg/wk should show results for a first cycle.

Reaction score
Don’t be fooled by Lee :) I have competed on a professional level. I have used 2k mg of test cyp/wk in my younger years stacked with other things. I know there were people using more than I at the time. That said 250 mg/wk should show results for a first cycle.
Just saying what the man claims. On the flip side of this you can look at Bostin Lloyd, all the gear in the world and usually looks like a bag of smashed assholes lol.

Last edited:

mugzy

Administrator
Reaction score
Just saying what the man claims.

Yes of course I’m not challenging you S3W just sharing some experience. Dorian and Arnold have been very honest while others tend to be reserved.

Reaction score
Yes of course I’m not challenging you S3W just sharing some experience. Dorian and Arnold have been very honest while others tend to be reserved.
Sorry if my response came off rude, now how I meant it lol.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
Very well-written & informative research article about Enanthate, Zilla. However, one thing did alarm me. I'm a rookie and started with 250mg twice a week. It seems like everyone else (including the article) pins test Enanthate once a week. I thought the half-life was about 4 days...so pinning twice a week would be ideal...no?
Test E's half life is actually around 7-8 days so pinning once a week is perfectly acceptable. The reason our community goes with 2x week is to 1) achieve higher, stable, levels and 2) speed up the process of reaching peak levels. Both are acceptable and it comes down to personal preference as Josh said. For me personally, speed matters more during your 1st cycle and so I'd prefer to go with 2xweek.

Reaction score
Why start with a lower amount to begin with and feel like you're getting cheated?
I'm fortunate to have access to testosterone enanthate without a prescription (I live in Serbia), but I know I barely feel it taking anything less than 500mg at a time.
If you are starting out at 200mg, it's going to disappoint you and make you wonder if you're just flushing money down the drain without getting the impact you are looking for.

Reaction score
500mg/wk worked well for me first cycle. Had a virgin body so anything past normal levels my body was bound to react well to it.

New Threads