I hate cardio šŸ™ what you guys recommend to make it bearable?

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
After 15 months of working out just on getting some mass I think my experimental and cycle phase is coming to an end very soon. I gained a decent amount of muscle at least in my opinion for the 15 month stretch and in about a month Iā€™m going to go on just a TRT dose and want to start shedding the fat. 2 bad knees and I smoke I hate running and hate the treadmill. What do you guys recommend that might be good to do for cardio instead of just running. I tried the steps I guess I can do that sometimes but there has to be something more where Iā€™m more engaged and passes the time up. I was thinking CrossFit but I donā€™t want to join a class maybe YouTube some shit and do it at the gym. Any suggestions would be helpful and appreciated, thanks.

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
Never even thought of that there has to be one that I will like will start researching them, thank you.

Uncle manny

Elite
Reaction score
Circuits! Dk what you have available but you could get great cardio in with some kettlebells, ropes, sled, medicine ball, sandbags, rower etc. Set up a few exercises that get the heart rate up bang em out and repeat for a few rounds.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Cardio needs to be done away from home and the gym if possible. Go running or ride a bike outside for a hour then ride back home for a hour . If you do it at a gym or home u can get off anytime and just stop , outside forces u to have to ride back home .. Also stop being a pussy about it ,Itā€™s called training

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
I use the Precor Adaptive Motion Trainer or the Elliptical.

I get plantar fasciitis from running so eff that! I tried at least 6 pair of shoes, and still get it despite being told by the experts that my $200+ running shoes should solve the plantar fasciitis problem. Well, they didn't...

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Assuming types of cardio:

I run indoors and switch between steady state and HIIT. Iā€™m old school and do SS more but I have to admit I get a lot more out of HIIT.

Iā€™ve been hearing a lot about windgates (sp?) lately but I havenā€™t looked for a place with the equipment. Seems like the ultimate HIIT.

Not advanced enough for the German method.

Thread title reads as entertainment while doing cardio:

Podcasts at the gym
at home Iā€™ll do SS and throw a movie on the iPad.

I know people who read books on the treadmill but that sounds like pure nausea to me.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Recreational activities like some basketball and other sports. Swimming is easy on the joints. Work activities like splitting wood, etc..... lots of things can be done for cardio. Like Bundy said, think outside the context of the gym.

Having said that:

NOT FUN

Slamming heavy weight day after day when your shit hurts
Force feeding yourself
Dieting
Eating the same shit every day
Pissing in every toilet you pass
Crapping 4 times a day
Wheezing during sex on a bulk
Tren dick
Sleeping with a CPAP
Shaving
Tying your shoes,clipping your toenails, and trying breath laying flat when your bulking
Finding clothes that fit
Flying coach
DOMS
grocery bills

AND CARDIO

How bad you want to lose that fat? Again like Bundy said, quit being a pussy and just do it.

Last edited:

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Walk everywhere

Reactions: CJ

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You know there is saying that you can't out train a bad diet. In the past I would be able to drop my bodyfat to 10% without a single minute of cardio. Even lower if wanted to. Cardio is, and has been an important part of my training and goals. Point is if you're diet isn't right, all the cardio suggestions above isn't gonna do shit for you in terms of losing bodyfat and leaning out. Cardio is important for overall health, and has its benefits to compliment ones physique. If you hate it that much, proper diet alone will help you lose your bodyfat.

Reaction score
Why not trying this machine Bowflex HVT, it combine the cardio and strength workouts . you can make it at home or in gym.It has the professional trainer to teach you how to use it to loose weight, get healthy and strength.
The Bowflex HVT machineĀ”ĀÆs dynamic coaching console features three pre-programmed workout modes, resistance adjustment at the turn ofadial and an intuitive interface to provide instant feedback while keeping you motivated and on track. It comes with built-in Bluetooth technology and the FREE Bowflex HVT APP for iOS and Android, giving you access to 50 trainer-led exercise videos that will guide you every step of the way!
Whether youĀ”ĀÆreabeginner or advanced, the Bowflex HVT can adapt to your needs, allowing you to customize workouts and start your fitness journey now!
From Triumph Fitness LLC

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Why not trying this machine Bowflex HVT, it combine the cardio and strength workouts . you can make it at home or in gym.It has the professional trainer to teach you how to use it to loose weight, get healthy and strength.
The Bowflex HVT machineĀ”ĀÆs dynamic coaching console features three pre-programmed workout modes, resistance adjustment at the turn ofadial and an intuitive interface to provide instant feedback while keeping you motivated and on track. It comes with built-in Bluetooth technology and the FREE Bowflex HVT APP for iOS and Android, giving you access to 50 trainer-led exercise videos that will guide you every step of the way!
Whether youĀ”ĀÆreabeginner or advanced, the Bowflex HVT can adapt to your needs, allowing you to customize workouts and start your fitness journey now!
From Triumph Fitness LLC

Oooooh wowwww sounds soooo coool!!!! I'll take 7 please :32 (13):

German89

Elite
Reaction score
Best post ever.

Iā€™ll bring you some knee pads with your morning coffee.

**sips my coffee

Where are my knee pads, JJJIN!!???

By the way. How are the callouses? Mine are like.. gone </3

Reactions: Jin

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
Sex

And yeah... I put my head down and do the work. Discipline.

I do need to take a few days off of it. My knee is starting to get irritated.

Sex.... hmmm kneepads may help with the irritation. lol

New Threads