Bigger than the Olympia"

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
this sounds like a good turn for bringing bodybuilding more mainstream...

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Is mainstream a good idea?

yea would be nice to get good high quality coverage of the shows, and the competitors could actually make a decent living with bigger sponsorships and more prize money.
The bigger question is how will this work with steroids being brought into the spotlight? they will be no doubt. will there be a push to normalize or legalize steroid use like marijuana in the future? idk just thoughts from the top of my head...

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Highly doubt steroids will ever be legalized or normalized. What was the focus when congress decided to change the drug scheduling of AAS. Baseball and football. Hmmm. Don't recall any pro bodybuilders testifying or in the spotlight back then. You have to be blind, stupid, or both to not notice they just may be using. Why was this? IMO $$$. No money in pro BB compared to those other sports. They don't reverse decisions regarding $$$.

Last edited:

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
ok, aside from the obvious point that there will arise some sort of conflict for lack of better words over the use of steroids in bodybuilding, what are ur guys thoughts on the fact that my man Dwayne Johnson is starting a new, supposedly bigger, more professionaly produced bodybuilding show? I for one think it's awesome ;)

Long

Elite
Reaction score
I lost all respect for the Dwayne Johnson when he said he had a better more mature physique than Arnold when Arnold played the same character. That was 1970 and Arnold was a 23 year old mr Olympia winner.
Dwayne is a bit delusional I think.

Reactions: DNW

New Threads