I said I wouldn't

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Been walking for cardio the last 4 months, just 3 miles a clip. Promised myself I wouldn't beat the fuuk out of myself this year by trying to run again. Well yesterday I got the itch so I walked 1.2, ran 1.2 and walked... more like crawled another 1.2.

I had to see if I could still run a mile and do it at a 10 min pace. That's not any land speed record but last year I was doing 3 miles at at a 9:15 pace. Most important, I'm able to be typing this now so I'm not dead. Second was I did it at a 10:08 so I'll take it. God I forgot how even a moderate run beats me the fuuk up.

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
How many NSAIDs do you have in your system today? :)

Long

Elite
Reaction score
Been walking for cardio the last 4 months, just 3 miles a clip. Promised myself I wouldn't beat the fuuk out of myself this year by trying to run again. Well yesterday I got the itch so I walked 1.2, ran 1.2 and walked... more like crawled another 1.2.

I had to see if I could still run a mile and do it at a 10 min pace. That's not any land speed record but last year I was doing 3 miles at at a 9:15 pace. Most important, I'm able to be typing this now so I'm not dead. Second was I did it at a 10:08 so I'll take it. God I forgot how even a moderate run beats me the fuuk up.

Try running barefoot in a gymnasium on the basketball court. Start the long way and work up to the short way( width)

Running barefoot forces you to not cow run/walk. Because you land on your toes your ankles and calves absorb the abuse your knees would normally take.

Because you are running coming to a stop and changing direction you are engaging more of the muscle groups in my experience.

It is absolutely abusive to the calves in a good way in my opinion.

I do the above with stair runs tossed in to get my heart pumping and burn out my legs faster.

tinymk

Elite
Reaction score
crazy brother, i swore i would never run any kind of distance except if a moose or grizzly was on me

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
You’re not running on pavement, are you?

Yup. :32 (7):

How many NSAIDs do you have in your system today? :)

None, couldn't get out of bed to get them.

Try running barefoot in a gymnasium on the basketball court. Start the long way and work up to the short way( width)

Running barefoot forces you to not cow run/walk. Because you land on your toes your ankles and calves absorb the abuse your knees would normally take.

Because you are running coming to a stop and changing direction you are engaging more of the muscle groups in my experience.

It is absolutely abusive to the calves in a good way in my opinion.

I do the above with stair runs tossed in to get my heart pumping and burn out my legs faster.

I heal strike so that doesn't help. I'm not running in my bare feet, I'll get a nail in foot.

crazy brother, i swore i would never run any kind of distance except if a moose or grizzly was on me

Not me but I think you could stand your ground and deter a grizz. A pissed off moose maybe another story.

Gabriel

Reaction score
Damn Snake you can't be that old..can you???.........I guess,coming from a running/biking background,I have a whole different outlook....Used too run 5 and 10k races and considered a half marathon years ago....Still, up and down mountain trails once or twice a month...Is it due to heart rate,out of cardio shape or just hate cardio...I did hate running in Army especially OCS(damn did we run a lot)...I do run into a lot of lifters who hate running-that's it...!!

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Damn Snake you can't be that old..can you???.........I guess,coming from a running/biking background,I have a whole different outlook....Used too run 5 and 10k races and considered a half marathon years ago....Still, up and down mountain trails once or twice a month...Is it due to heart rate,out of cardio shape or just hate cardio...I did hate running in Army especially OCS(damn did we run a lot)...I do run into a lot of lifters who hate running-that's it...!!

Old enough to know I shouldn't be doing this shit. Running and seriously training legs do not make off bed fellows. I wouldn't say I'm out of shape, just not in as good of shape as I once was.

Gabriel

Reaction score
Well I guess that sums up a lot of us,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Including me.....That 50 hurdle was set pretty high...

Maijah

Elite
Reaction score
Awesome Snake, I can't even run a 1/4 mile. I'm flat footed and get shin splints so bad it feels like Tanya Harding got me.

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
only running im doing is for lead poptart flavor creator next fall... im too fat to run with my legs LOL

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Snake likes running because he knows all the deprived wives sit on their porches waiting for him to run by

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I only run if BGH is chasing me.
Guess you don't need to run all that fast then. A brisk walk should keep you out ahead. Lol
Snake likes running because he knows all the deprived wives sit on their porches waiting for him to run by
Funny Seek! I look way better standing in one place. All that flaring around and gasping for breath isn't going to make any woman pasty in the panties.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Awesome Snake, I can't even run a 1/4 mile. I'm flat footed and get shin splints so bad it feels like Tanya Harding got me.

Try Tibia raises, it’s supposed to help avoid shin splints. Came across them in Bob Paris’s leg routine.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
I can run a bath that’s about it

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I thought you were going to say you ate ass.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good for you for going at it. Running is the only time I ever truly feel my age.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score

How much do you weigh? There comes a point where size makes high impact stuff just not a good idea. Yes, age plays a part , but age with years of abuse of beating your body up un the gym. I too was a distance runner once upon a time. Now at my size, and I am lean for my size, and age and years of punishing lower body in the gym, that's out.

Snake

1) Strong work for being able to do it and do it in that time. Props and respect bro

2) What the fk were you thinking? That's analogous to me trying to see if I can drink a twelve pack of beer in 2 hours still after all this time lol

This isn't for Snake, he knows better. It's for the guys who maybe don't. You don't have to kill yourself doing cardio, just do it consistently. Ever seen Kai Greene on a stepmill? I've seen turtles move faster.

New Threads