I said I wouldn't

Gabriel

Reaction score
Currently at 192.......At 53 yrs.....Some good points there(abuse-no sorry at this stage that's foolish)Train smart ,,I won't do stupid stuff like try to keep up with 20 and 30 yr olds...Staying injury free is most important...at any age..Yes,,weight can be an issue but moreover technique of 90% of runners style is incorrect...Heel strike is incorrect,,,and this is where weight comes to play...I respect any BB that tries to run,,It seems un-natural...........It's not fun...the list is endless......Totally ,,,agree cardio is about just doing it and not how fast.I was merely giving Snake some crap........I hit a personal best mile at 18 that will never ever happen again but it nice to brag about from time to time...There is a lot of good science out there on cardio...target heart rate...time entervals...return to rest HR time after cardio...and on ...

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
How much do you weigh? There comes a point where size makes high impact stuff just not a good idea. Yes, age plays a part , but age with years of abuse of beating your body up un the gym. I too was a distance runner once upon a time. Now at my size, and I am lean for my size, and age and years of punishing lower body in the gym, that's out.

Snake

1) Strong work for being able to do it and do it in that time. Props and respect bro

2) What the fk were you thinking? That's analogous to me trying to see if I can drink a twelve pack of beer in 2 hours still after all this time lol

This isn't for Snake, he knows better. It's for the guys who maybe don't. You don't have to kill yourself doing cardio, just do it consistently. Ever seen Kai Greene on a stepmill? I've seen turtles move faster.

Thanks buddy. You and I have talked about this a lot.

No one should miss the point; you don't need to run to lose weight and still stay heart healthy. Just get the heart rate up for some time.

I have said this before; The body can not serve two masters. You can run, you can train heavy and you can do both but you can't do them both for any length of time.

One other thing I firmly believe; weight training can improve any sport but no sport can improve weight training.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
I beat a few high schoolers in a sprint drill doing some speed/agility stuff a couple weeks ago, but then after the third run, I got a debilitating double butt cramp and almost fell over. So stupid... But still happy I beat the little fukkers.

Reactions: CJ

Gabriel

Reaction score
Yeah..It doesn't happen as often the older you get but........It gets sweeter..

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I beat a few high schoolers in a sprint drill doing some speed/agility stuff a couple weeks ago, but then after the third run, I got a debilitating double butt cramp and almost fell over. So stupid... But still happy I beat the little fukkers.

Good ya could keep up at least at the start.

My oldest has held the record for the 100 and 200 at a big High School for 6 years now. He also got a partial ride to a D2. The last time I out ran him was about 10 years ago. The last time I raced him was, um.... 10 years ago.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Last time I ran, I popped a hammie racing my wise ass nephew after Thanksgiving dinner. Still beat the little shit, even hopping the last few strides.

Retired as The Champ!!!

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Good ya could keep up at least at the start.

My oldest has held the record for the 100 and 200 at a big High School for 6 years now. He also got a partial ride to a D2. The last time I out ran him was about 10 years ago. The last time I raced him was, um.... 10 years ago.

Congrats! That's fantastic. Proud poppa.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Yesterday was a cardio day. 3 mile walk in the rain, no run. Not going to fuuk myself up for Sat leg day.

New Threads