Microchips implanted in obese people's brains will electroshock them when they think about food

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
Think about how dangerous this concept is though outside the context of diet.

Scientists are creating an implant that will literally punish you for thinking the wrong thing.

Who will ultimately wind up deciding what's an acceptable thought and what isn't?

Long

Elite
Reaction score
I have no interest in becoming Johnny Mnemonic.
Watching chubby people get zapped because I'm holding out a donut sounds like quality entertainment.
I'm torn I guess.

El Gringo

Reaction score
Think about how dangerous this concept is though outside the context of diet.

Scientists are creating an implant that will literally punish you for thinking the wrong thing.

Who will ultimately wind up deciding what's an acceptable thought and what isn't?
Elon Musk is working on a brain microchip that enhances the brain. Imagine living in a world where people are enhanced mentally and physically. People have an IQ of 250 and improved enough coordination to bat .1000 in baseball.
Now imagine only selective people were capable/allowed to have them...

Reaction score
Elon Musk is working on a brain microchip that enhances the brain. Imagine living in a world where people are enhanced mentally and physically. People have an IQ of 250 and improved enough coordination to bat .1000 in baseball.
Now imagine only selective people were capable/allowed to have them...
Imagine if there was a drug, that we could inject that would enhance our performance. Someone should make that.

Long

Elite
Reaction score
I have a weird opinion on juice in baseball. Steroids would have made DiMaggio, Williams, Ruth, Gerhig, Mantle, ect better hitters. Maybe. But steroids won't make anyone else hit like they could. Steroids may help make you a faster pitcher, but won't put just anyone on the level of Johnson or Ryan.

Cheating is kind of intertwined with baseball. Gaylord Perry is a God damn national treasure. All the juice in the world won't give you a spitball like his.

Hell MLB has been known to change the windings and core of the ball from time to time to put asses in seats.

Baseball is one of the few sports where guys who probably are not on PEDs (Pedroia, Ortiz) can compete and best those who are.

Should baseball be PED free? Yeah. Will steroid use prevent those who are great and clean from shining through? No ****ing way.

New Threads