Polo Shirts that Don't Fit Like a Fookin' Circus Tent

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So when I need to join the bosses indoors or to meet with important folks I need to wear polo shirts.

Thing is, I can never seem to find one that fits well over my shoulders that doesn't look like a circus tent around me waist.

Interested in which brands those of ye who wear polos regularly tend to favor.

Cheers,

- Savage

DNW

Elite
Reaction score
Most of the places that advertise as bodybuilding friendly, such as oxcloth(nvm on this one...no polos), and barbell apparel usually have that fitment. Buuuuuuuut they are fookin expensive. A lot of times the polo's that are geared for teenagers and 20-somethings (abercrombie) are g2g if you buy on clearance, and you also dont mind their symbol on your shirt. You also might want to look into places that are "military inspired", like 5.11 tactical.

Last edited:

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Most of the places that advertise as bodybuilding friendly, such as oxcloth, and barbell apparel usually have that fitment. Buuuuuuuut they are fookin expensive. A lot of times the polo's that are geared for teenagers and 20-somethings (abercrombie) are g2g if you buy on clearance, and you also dont mind their symbol on your shirt. You also might want to look into places that are "military inspired", like 5.11 tactical.

Good ideas but most of those brands would be questionable in a business situation. Not that I have any better ideas...

Personally, I find the best golf shirts I can find that don’t look to “Golfie”. Curious if anyone has any better answers then ours...

Reaction score
Man same issue here. I can’t find shit that fits, either they’re hanging off me like a ****in moomoo or it’s so tight in the chest that my nipples try to rip holes in it. I can’t find shit in between.

Long

Elite
Reaction score
No matter what I put on it feels like I needed half a size in the other direction. Old school rugby shirts tend to fit well.

German89

Elite
Reaction score
No matter what I put on it feels like I needed half a size in the other direction. Old school rugby shirts tend to fit well.
Lmfao.. more material here. Less there.

For me. Its bras. I am a cup size that doesnt make the measurement around.

I went to get measured af one of those bra stores. I think the lady was high. She told me my cup size and I'm like. Ahhh wrrrronngg!!

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Lmfao.. more material here. Less there.

For me. Its bras. I am a cup size that doesnt make the measurement around.

I went to get measured af one of those bra stores. I think the lady was high. She told me my cup size and I'm like. Ahhh wrrrronngg!!

Same with me. Then I found Zilla’s thread on prolactin.... all set now! /s

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
I've actually had really good luck at Costco for fitted (stretchy) polos... They have been my favorite. But you can find nice fitting polos from Under Armour if you are willing to Shell out some coin. Costco is the cheap option.

Lizard King

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Adidas golf polos fit pretty good, extra room in the shoulder area so they don't pull when you are swinging a club means extra room for cannonball shoulders.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of polos

I'm not either, but its the "business casual" thing that gets me. Last year they paid for me to get a suit so I can go to formal meetings (usually with Union reps) but when I work indoors they want business casual bollocks.

BrotherJ

Elite
Reaction score
Could try Express - usually more form fitting but may need to go up a few sizes...Abercrombie or American Eagle too will be more fitted but same with upping the size

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
I found that under armor, Magellan and Colombia “polo” style shirts fit me well. I took have that issue with certain brands. Size that fits my waist is too tight in chest and shoulder But the size up fits my like a dress. Or could get tailored like German said

Reaction score
My company gave me a bunch of Adidas polos recently that fit pretty decent. It’s snug in the chest and arms, but doesn’t hang of my midsection like a tent. Not bad. I absolutely hate wearing this shit but it is what it is.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Izod polos from Sam's Club have worked better for me than others in the past, but I'm cheap.

I did get some Banana Republic ones on sale, but if you go this route make sure you buy a size larger than you usually wear. Skinny fuk brand.

New Threads