training twice a day

Reaction score
training twice a day

guys I ask you that you are more experienced than me But according to you it is normal that a person trains twice a day in the morning and afternoon

Obviously not every day but the days of his training

4 times a week

obviously it is under cycle but it seems to me an exaggeration of a training of this type you want to think about i

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
For me it's a recipe to get run down.

The only time I would ever consider it is if I was going through a cut and needed to add in additional cardio and I'd do it with the knowledge that I was going to feel like Sh&t and overextend myself.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
I think it comes down to the time you have available and how much intensity you can put into each workout.

if you only have a half hour in the morning and a half out hour night - use it.

Ive started splitting mine up if I start to lose focus or can’t bring the intensity I want later in a workout. I’ll just come back later and hit that body part.

I think two a days can get mentally taxing quickly though. It’s a lot of time to be in the gym if you have work and a family.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I think we fried this fish recently on another thread.

It comes down to the person but I would think a weight training/ cardio AM/PM would work. Someone in the other thread mentioned recovery if doing both AM/PM gym as dk said above.

Try it but pay attention to over training.

Reactions: DNW

tinymk

Elite
Reaction score
I tried it years ago and really didn’t get much back from it. I think it has its place, just wasn’t for me and my type of training.
Prefer the longer heavy workouts and allowing my body to recover from it.

Reactions: DNW
Reaction score
I can guarantee that both are morning and evening workouts both with cardio free weights

Long

Elite
Reaction score
training twice a day

guys I ask you that you are more experienced than me But according to you it is normal that a person trains twice a day in the morning and afternoon

Obviously not every day but the days of his training

4 times a week

obviously it is under cycle but it seems to me an exaggeration of a training of this type you want to think about i

There is something to be said for that kind of program for a period to achieve a goal followed by a break and then a period with less time in the gym.

I think I read an article somewhere around here about chasing the exaggerated growth period that can happen from "overtraining" followed by a rest then different program.

Last edited:

andy

Elite
Reaction score
i would burn out man... quick.

the only time i would train twice a day would be if im prepping and even then the second workout would be cardio. maybe some small work with weights to work on lacking parts

But if you have to, i would suggest you to double up creatine after 1t workout.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Fun Fact: Most of the national level NPC competitors I know train weights 4 times per week. People get so bent on training they completely neglect recovery. I don't care if you're enhanced or not, training without adequate recovery is a recipe for nothing. Social media is a lie when it comes to training.

andy

Elite
Reaction score
and I learned only after I got my injury and wasn't able to workout for 2 weeks. all of the sudden I started to gain some mass and looked better. lol

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
I don't care if you're enhanced or not, training without adequate recovery is a recipe for nothing.

Can't agree with this more. Took me a while to figure this aspect out, but once I did, it made the biggest difference

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I used to years ago and cant anoynro with wife and kids

ACP

Reaction score
for me I dont cause my knee sleeves are still wet and sweaty

I tried once but no way I was gonna put those soggy wet things back on

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
I could argue that training 2xday is more optimal for the natural lifter because it allows him to repeat the "anabolic" environment that comes post-workout. The idea would be to cut a typical session in half. Not to double up on the volume, which is the mistake that most make.

For most folks, adherence would be a major issue because...life. You also have the fact that it's completely unnecessary for the enhanced lifter because you're anabolic all the time anyway.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It is about splitting your workout up in half over two sessions in a day, not about doubling up the volume. Not sure why people keep talking about recovery issues. There is none to worry about when doing this. This was just discussed the other day in another thread. I did for a few years and it was a wonderful time and I had my best gains during that period. Granted, lifestyle permitted me to be able to do it. living on the beach, a few blocks from the gym, living the good life with no 9-5. If anything, I was able hit my 2nd half of the split as hard as the 1st. If someone has the time and will to split their workout then by all means go for it. If you love the lifestyle you won't burn out. I wish I still could.

Long

Elite
Reaction score
This is a pretty cool video talking about overtraining.
Also, am I the only one who thinks this guy is Seth Rogens more motivated brother? They should do a video together where one makes protien snacks and the other bakes brownies.

New Threads